Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

High IQ Games

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Woah, slow down there, armchair psychologist. Don't ruin my online reputation by exposing me like that.
I'm sure your unsubstantiated support of IQ as an objective measure of human intelligence in the face of criticism you fail to address and deem as unsubstantial will cement your reputation against such acts of defamation.

thesoup

Arcane
Wow, who is this man who just proved everything I thought I knew about the world wrong? He singlehandedly destroyed every correlation between IQ and mortality, problem solving skills, memory, pattern recognition, level of education, income and quality of life, heritability of IQ, etc.

How will I ever recover?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2. Chess
1. Go

not that I ever played either.

hqdefault.jpg

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Wow, who is this man who just proved everything I thought I knew about the world wrong? He singlehandedly destroyed every correlation between IQ and mortality, problem solving skills, memory, pattern recognition, level of education, income and quality of life, heritability of IQ, etc.

How will I ever recover?
Hmm, it seems its the first time you're mentioning this. Although now that I think about it, your original post probably hinted at it; and I was too low IQ to understand it. Lets see it again :
Pretty sure you read this "fact" at something like cosmopolitan
And that was in reply to my post about how IQ=mental age / physical age x 100 and talking about the formula scored people of same ''intelligence'' differently based on age. It seems like you're trying to hide that you didn't even know what the formula was until now by saying you weren't even talking about it.

thesoup

Arcane
TL;DR IQ is a fucking retarded metric and anyone who uses it is a bleach gargling chromosome thief who plays LoL.
Oh yeah, indeed. Totally unrelated to the correlations and totally useless info.

Also you do have the formula wrong because you're retarded and do half baked "research" as is fitting for a low IQ sap.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_age

Again, "historically". I hope this was easy enough for you to follow.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
TL;DR IQ is a fucking retarded metric and anyone who uses it is a bleach gargling chromosome thief who plays LoL.
Oh yeah, indeed. Totally unrelated to the correlations and totally useless info.

Also you do have the formula wrong because you're retarded and do half baked "research" as is fitting for a low IQ sap.

So you open a thread where you confuse IQ with intelligence and ask people for opinions on games they see as requiring high IQ; but now cover up by saying you only value IQ because it has correlations with life success.

Yeah, historically they used that formula, and now they don't use IQ at all. Because its a flawed fucking metric. What exactly are you saying here? You linked to an article stating IQ tests aren't used anymore and I'm the stupid one for saying IQ tests are retarded? Is there some other formula you had in mind when you are talking about IQ? And how much is yours? Last time I checked, 4 years ago, mine was 125.

So you open a thread where you confuse IQ with intelligence and ask people for opinions on games they see as requiring high IQ; but now cover up by saying you only value IQ because it has correlations with life success.

Yeah, historically they used that formula, and now they don't use IQ at all. Because its a flawed fucking metric. What exactly are you saying here? You linked to an article stating IQ tests aren't used anymore and I'm the stupid one for saying IQ tests are retarded? Is there some other formula you had in mind when you are talking about IQ? And how much is yours? Last time I checked, 4 years ago, mine was 125.

Ignore him dude, some retards just like to use numbers like money and IQ to make themselves feel special instead of actually doing something intelligent or good.

thesoup

Arcane

You literally can't remember who opened the thread nor can you scroll down on the link I provided. Truly a sapien. I don't even have to write anything anymore for anyone intelligent enough to tie his own shoelaces

Young_Hollow

Liturgist

You literally can't remember who opened the thread nor can you scroll down on the link I provided. Truly a sapien. I don't even have to write anything anymore for anyone intelligent enough to tie his own shoelaces
Hey, I forgot who the OP was, I'll admit my first legit mistake in this thread. Doesn't change the fact that you believe a metric that rates people as dumber as they grow older a legitimate measure of anything. And also feel free to refuse to discuss because I made an honest mistake unrelated to the topic being discussed so you can save face.

Have fun painfully growing out of the ''numbers for intangibles are legit'' mindset. Hopefully you're young.

thesoup

Arcane
Doesn't change the fact that you believe a metric that rates people as dumber as they grow older a legitimate measure of anything.
Holy shit this sapien still didn't scroll down on that link and still believes a cosmopolitan tier meme without understanding what "historically" means. Are you a native English speaker? Are you a bot? No, even bots can learn nowadays, but sapiens is not a learning animal.

Doesn't change the fact that you believe a metric that rates people as dumber as they grow older a legitimate measure of anything.
Holy shit this sapien still didn't scroll down on that link and still believes a cosmopolitan tier meme without understanding what "historically" means. Are you a native English speaker? Are you a bot? No, even bots can learn nowadays, but sapiens is not a learning animal.

I love how you would just drop insults instead of doing an honest debate like what an intelligent person would do.

thesoup

Arcane

I love how you would just drop insults instead of doing an honest debate like what an intelligent person would do.
Except I provided a link wherein he is proven wrong. But you didn't bother to click it, let alone scroll down and see for yourself. What do you expect me to do, waste my time? It's like explaining quantum mechanics to children, or the structure of planets to young earth creationists - pointless. Maybe next time you should click back before revealing yourself to be a brainlet. As the saying goes, better to stay silent and only appear stupid rather than post and remove all doubt.

Except I provided a link wherein he is proven wrong. But you didn't bother to click it, let alone scroll down and see for yourself. What do you expect me to do, waste my time? It's like explaining quantum mechanics to children, or the structure of planets to young earth creationists - pointless. Maybe next time you should click back before revealing yourself to be a brainlet. As the saying goes, better to stay silent and only appear stupid rather than post and remove all doubt.

The "facts" that you posted implies IQ to be an idea that went from being fully accepted by the scientific community in the past to an idea that has been proven wrong in this modern age by tons of scientists and philosophers alike.
I doubt that you know what intelligence really means because it seems that you use the School definition of Intelligence.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist

How exactly was I proven wrong? Your link said mental age was used to calculate IQ and but now other tests are used to measure intelligence. So what dick are you sucking repeating the word ''historically'' like it means something? Mental age is what was used to calculate IQ, and if IQ was still used today it would still be used. Your own Wikipedia link says IQ has been replaced with other intelligence tests and that the whole concept of IQ is not in use today, not just mental age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom