Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I really really like the use of animated textures in CD. If I ever get to make the game I'm planning, it will use animated textures for faces.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Artistic. :obviously:

DPkKzpfVwAAFPy1.jpg

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
This looks neat and all but will the story be massive load of diarrhea to the face like Serpent in the Staglands was?
Meh, Serpent in the Staglands has its dose of "the story is what you do", and about Copper Dreams they even made a full update detailing how dialogs are properly integrated in the overall system.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Serpent in the Staglands Story was allright, but it was hard to understand how the decisions and skills could change parts of the story. I think they have learned their lessons and it was their first big game. Honestly, I'm still in awe how complete the world of Serpent feels and how big the game is.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I think they have learned their lessons

I probably won't give them another chance. SitS was an anti-RPG with a "gotcha" ending where it specifically punished you for playing it. Like it's some kind of choice in a game of chutes and ladders because you can choose to continually pass your turn. It directly obviated player choice and agency, in an insane and moronic way.

I agree that it's a pretty well-realized world but that only makes the story and ending that much more horrendous. You can add a drop of wine to a barrel of sewage and its still sewage, but if you add a drop of sewage to a barrel of wine it all becomes sewage.

Jinn

Arcane
I probably won't give them another chance. SitS was an anti-RPG with a "gotcha" ending where it specifically punished you for playing it. Like it's some kind of choice in a game of chutes and ladders because you can choose to continually pass your turn. It directly obviated player choice and agency, in an insane and moronic way.

I agree that it's a pretty well-realized world but that only makes the story and ending that much more horrendous. You can add a drop of wine to a barrel of sewage and its still sewage, but if you add a drop of sewage to a barrel of wine it all becomes sewage.

So your main reason you dislike them and probably won't give them another chance is because the end of their first major game was shit? How many games - let alone RPGs - have you finished that have good endings?

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I liked the story in SitS and the way it was presented, and they are particularly concerned about delivering an experience inspired by P&P, in a pleasant way that doesn't insult the player's intelligence. This is easily one of the games I'm the most excited about.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
CryptRat

I liked the story too, especially this "treasure hunt" - feeling, that I got from it. There was a mystery and you solved it. And like I said, the ending most people got (there are two, I think?) was because the systems weren't as clear as they should and maybe they should have cut it out. But if this is the only complaint you can have about a game, then they still did a very good job.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom