Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rick

Erudite
And go ahead and program a bigger version of Wizardry 7 - let's see how long it takes you.

I haven't come here much lately, but I always love when someone posts something like this.

From this I assume then that you don't complain about things you yourself can't create or build, like a car, a washing machine, a movie, or a food processor?

Remember that CMB constantly told us how fantastic the game would be, massive incline and other such hyperbole, and while I absolutely agree Grimoire is NOT a bad game (I left a positive review, in case you're interested), hal900x's points are valid; just because one person worked on it doesn't excuse it from legitimate criticism, especially when the price was close to that of a AAA title.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Crafting is pretty much the only major thing (other than the manual) that is still unfinished. And go ahead and program a bigger version of Wizardry 7 - let's see how long it takes you.

Hahahahahaha holy shit.

"Let's see you make a better X than Y" will now become my default reply when people criticize my favorite games.

mondblut

Arcane
Is it pointless to run a Metalsmith?

Metalsmith is a fighter-sage. His presence in a party depends on your need to have a backup sage, or to pass on a sage entirely - not on some gimmick mechanics most games didn't have to begin with. Just like you pick a ranger for the sake of fielding a light fighter with magic backup rather than demand him to make familiars out of ?UGLY DOGS? or someshit.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So, two major things and how many minor things? I can't even split or combine a stack of mundane items.

I would say that even the manual and crafting are minor things, while something like not being able to stack some items is nitpicking at best (certain items are stackable).

just because one person worked on it doesn't excuse it from legitimate criticism

Focusing on minor problems and pretending they are a huge problem is not valid crticism, especially when it's combined with insults like this:

Why would I not think the decades of "micro bugs" were anything but alcoholism/depression/full time job/laziness/apathy/trolling or God knows what.

The point is that you pretend to know what it is like to program a game of this scope on your own in your free time - you don't.

Last edited:

Mech

Cipher
I haven’t seen a steam update in like a month now. At this rate I won’t bother checking back until Fallout 5 comes out.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Holy cow! Just jizzed my pants...I got GRIMOIRE RUNNING ON MY WORK PC!

Desperately needed an RPG I could install/run without admin rights, to hold me over on the business trips to Tokyo (10 hour flight + jetlag).

Frigg yeah, I'm a total noob at this (no idea how to do anything attack, level up etc.) so tons of unbalanced frustration old-school blobber fun in sight.

Noticed a few guides on steam about keyboard short cuts, how to create a party etc. but fuck that Im hardcore :shittydog:

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Desperately needed an RPG I could install/run without admin rights

You could probably run stuff in a virtual machine or something.

But VM would need to be installed on the PC, right?

A million old ones in dosbox too.

So you mean installing a game in DosBox on another computer, then copying/running it on the work PC?

Problem is my regular computer is a mac, so would need to make a Wineskin wrapper to run Blood, HoMMII etc. but not sure if I can copy that to my professional PC?

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
you soundlike you could afford to just get a handheld raspberry and run dosbox retropie etc on it

Lord Haw Haw

Educated
Holy shit.
Trump becomes President.
Spacey finally admits he's a fairy.
Grimoire is released.

What else is there? The earth no longer needs us. The only thing left to do is to put on our black and white Nikes and meet Hale Bopp.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What else is there? The earth no longer needs us. The only thing left to do is to put on our black and white Nikes and meet Hale Bopp.

You start and we'll see how it all goes.

I'm always amazed by Iznaliu's ability to make posts that are neither informative nor funny. It's like he has a quota to fill on how many unwitty oneliners he writes per day.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cleve probably did a few sneaky stealth updates to Grimoire in the past 10 days.

Just Prepping the world for V2 and the universal release of the ultimate tome of old school RPG excellence, The Grimoire Manuals. Btw, unusually large shipments of genuine Kafreh era papyrus rolls are reported from Egypt, so expect your backer edition of The Manual to be extra special.

It is after all November, Grimoire Daily Update And Manual Month.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Shams has been actually making progress on the technical updates. They probably haven't been uploaded yet.

Among the things he's working on is alt-tab and fullscreen stuff that some were having problems with.

The Gog release will be glorious in 2023.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Cleve probably did a few sneaky stealth updates to Grimoire in the past 10 days.

Just Prepping the world for V2 and the universal release of the ultimate tome of old school RPG excellence, The Grimoire Manuals. Btw, unusually large shipments of genuine Kafreh era papyrus rolls are reported from Egypt, so expect your backer edition of The Manual to be extra special.

It is after all November, Grimoire Daily Update And Manual Month.

Your words, indeed the sheer mention of The Manuals, bring me joy.

Our simple minds cannot yet fathom the profound impact it will have on humanity once this holy document is released...
Patience, my brothers, patience...the Codex shalt rejoice upon the disclosure of the Manuals!!

Moses-and-the-Ten-Commandments-GettyImages-171418029-5858376a3df78ce2c3b8f56d.jpg

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Alt Tab doesnt work? When should I play this? I like to wait for things to get patched up but 2023 is pushing it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Alt Tabs works in window mode, not in full screen right now. V2 + Manual is supposed to be out by Christmas, so... expect last minute Burger King visits, if you know what I mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom