Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What matters is the base upgrades, not the gems or element buffs or whatshit - though Murk's point seems worth investigating
The poison was very good in certain situations. Especially against humans. They basically melt.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Truly, Why Elex doesn't have a good old PB manual? Even Gothic III Forsaken Gods has a comprehensive one.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Manuals are "too old" for today's standards. I think PB fucked up hard there since a manual could explain some unexplained game mechanics like parry pretty well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'd buy Arx kiss the cook apron and a hat

wtf PB u serious

Nasty turned out to be pretty funny with all her awkward tsundere shit.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is anyone else getting a lot of classic Command and Conquer (namely TibDawn and RA1) vibes from this game?

Like the whole meteor coming in bringing not-Tiberium is one thing, but there are a few places here that look ridiculously close to early C&C buildings. Like the thingy with three domes next to the fort is suspiciously similar to the TibDawn tech center:

2-Technology_Center.jpg

I'm also fairly sure I stumbled upon a gap generator at some point

latest

and an advanced power plant

latest

or am i just seeing things at this point

Murk

Arcane
No, the parallels are pretty strong, and the layout of the map also reminds me of basically an RTS map with 4 factions spread around with their own respective units/style/upgrades, etc.

I can totally imagine an 'ELEX WARS' spinoff.

Clerics are also a fanatical sect that claims to "save" the world, uses the infamous NOD colors, and basically worships a computer.

Just needs a high Judicator Kain.

Lambach

Arcane
Still getting savagely raped by pretty much everything at level 11. :negative:

I did manage to get Ray, he seems a fair bit stronger than Duras. With my kiting and his decent damage, we can even take out 2 Reavers simultaneously. Takes about 7-8 minutes and a couple reloads, though.

Since I'm gunning for the Clerics, should I just clench my anus and try to make a run for their base and attempt to join so I can finally get some decent equipment or do they have too many combat-related quests needed for joining?

Xeon

Augur
Cleric quest seems fine but going to where you need to go for the Chem quest could be slightly hard because of monsters. But you can just avoid most with jetpack and just running full speed.

Lambach

Arcane
But you can just avoid most with jetpack and just running full speed.

Story of my life in Elex so far. Even the things I can kill I usually avoid, unless they give decent loot and a lot of XP (i.e. Reavers) because it just takes so much time for so little XP and afterwards I'm usually down at least 1 Healing Potion.

imweasel

The clerics are probably the easiest faction to join. One quest - no combat - and you're in.

Sounds like you also need a decent weapon. There is a really sweet sword with energy enhancement that you can find. I think it was in the Domed City somewhere.

Also buy a bone marrow soup recipe. Bone marrow soup raises your armor and heals you. It is probably the best healing item in the game.

Lambach

Arcane
Sounds like you also need a decent weapon. There is a really sweet sword with energy enhancement that you can find. I think it was in the Domed City somewhere.

Yeah, I'm still stuck with the Rusty Axe and Cultivator Bow. I did get an opportunity to buy better weapons that I could wield in that Outlaw outpost, whatever its name is, but I figured I should save my money for the Cleric equipment once I join.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Still getting savagely raped by pretty much everything at level 11.
The whole character system is about establishing economy of your character first, everything else is of no priority. If you play your cards right (for example, screw all viking quests in most profitable way possible) in first 1.5 cities, you can craft endgame weapon without using any metaknowledge to get one at level 15 or so and use it. It's possible even without Trophies - these won't do anything for you anyway before you actually get a weapon to kill monsters to get trophies. Tier 1 thievery, maybe lockpicking, and focus on upgrading your weapon of choice. So basically first city and a few hours more you run with 10 STR/CON and 30 DEX/CUN/INT getting economy skills, then Chemistry, sniff on elex and pump STR/DEX to like 60+, upgrade weapon, go out of town and feel like a greek god with lightning bolts and flame coming from your eyes (unlike b4 as flame only came from your ass burned by skullenemies).
For clerics it's Regent's sword since it's higher tier and does more damage in the end. Or just pump PSI it's a lot easier. If you want to stay factionless for most of the game to get most quests though, you'll want the sword.

behind the waterfall.
Huh. And no unique loot whatsoever. Figures, since it's Elex and exploration sucks.

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
But you can just avoid most with jetpack and just running full speed.

Story of my life in Elex so far. Even the things I can kill I usually avoid, unless they give decent loot and a lot of XP (i.e. Reavers) because it just takes so much time for so little XP and afterwards I'm usually down at least 1 Healing Potion.

Given your level you should be able to start using higher tier equipment pretty soon, at which point you will do a lot more damage. But you don’t need to join the Clerics or even go to Ignadon to get your hands on good weapons. Just take the upgrade weapons skill and you should be in okay shape.

. There’s a +1 energy sword south of Goliet in the building where you find the Berserker who stole elex for his mutant brother.

For ranged, there’s War Bow lying in the grass between your camp and the nearby troll. Just grab it and run. And if your stats are too low, use some damn elex potions.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Yeah, I'm still stuck with the Rusty Axe and Cultivator Bow. I did get an opportunity to buy better weapons that I could wield in that Outlaw outpost, whatever its name is, but I figured I should save my money for the Cleric equipment once I join.

Yeah, that was a big mistake. Use your money to get better weapons now—it makes hunting and exploration much easier, which in turn gives you more money. It’s a positive feedback loop that will quickly pay for itself.

imweasel

The Rusty Axe is shit. You can hardly put a scratch on anything with it. Anyway, this is not the type of game where you want to be a cheap ass. New gear goes a long way in ELEX.

Go to the Domed City. You can do some quests and steal/pickpocket some sweet gear. The Clerics also have pretty good armor, so if you want to join the Clerics then do it right away (they are the best Faction IMO).

This is the energy regent sword I was talking about:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can confirm, that thing is miles better than anything I had before. And I wasn't switching from a rusty axe but an upgraded chainsword I think. Which was still shit in comparison to this.
Someone mentioned that elemental damage bypasses armor. Must be the reason why the numbers don't seem to matter but damage type does.

Incantatar

Cipher
Finally finished the game with lvl 42. (my run with reloading, although not many in the end game)
So I did the middle way it seems. Are there two more extreme endings?
Never found Arx, lol.
Killed Kallax, can he be saved?
Like someone said, the outlaws are definately the bad guys here.
Nice to see a lot of c&cs. It could have been written a lot better but it wasn't really bad. Missed the atmosphere and exploration feeling of G1-G2. Still was good enough to hold my interest till the end. Probably play again as Berserker some time in the future.

bataille

Arcane
Huh. And no unique loot whatsoever. Figures, since it's Elex and exploration sucks.

Yes, very bizarre indeed. Could have spared 20 seconds to come up with a note to place on the throne, at least, with something witty in it. Like, it's a perfect place for another Fred was here note.

imweasel

Can confirm, that thing is miles better than anything I had before. And I wasn't switching from a rusty axe but an upgraded chainsword I think. Which was still shit in comparison to this.
Someone mentioned that elemental damage bypasses armor. Must be the reason why the numbers don't seem to matter but damage type does.
Do you remember where to find it? It must have been somewhere in the Domed City or possibly the Hort.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do you remember where to find it? It must have been somewhere in the Domed City or possibly the Hort.
We are talking about the "Energy Regent Sword I" btw.
47 energy-based damage but unlike physical damage every single point hurts.
And the Str / Dex requirements are moderate with only 43 each.
I didn't remember where I found it because I'm a completionist so I basically search every place I visit. With a fine-toothed comb.
And then I forget about the safes and locked chests I still couldn't open and I curse this stupid fucking game because why can't I place my own map markers?! :argh:

Anyway, as always Google knows the answer, there's a video.

So it's in some ruin south of Goliet, in a cellar full of toxic gasses.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Nope, it’s actually in Edan. You know Caldrim’s quest to find the lost elex for the mana shrine? He sends you to search for a guy named Kral.

Kral is in a building near the Teleporter that’s almost directly south of Goliet—really south and a little west, about two thirds of the way to the ocean.

The energy sword is in the basement of the building where you find Kral. The basement is full of poison, though, so eat or inject something to boost your poison resistance before you go down there.

Maybe get a pair of classic sunglasses, which will highlight all loot, to make it easier to find. You can find the shades:

. South Southeast of the south Abessa converter—where the separatists are headquartered. The sunglasses are on top of a car, the car is in the middle of a bridge that’s very easy to see on the map.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just buy grenades

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom