Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not sure about rpg part, but it's gonna be hell of a ride, then.
:d1p:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
One of my worst fears has been put to rest. If they have hired a known synth composer like Perturbator then the music will be rock solid.

Last edited:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah because Americans are just dying to move out to Poland. In my experience Americans resent having to move outside the USA. Polish will still be the majority at the studio simply because it's the easiest for them to work there and working there makes it easier for them to immigrate to the UK or Canada where gibs run freely.
Also because Poles are cheaper.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
From the comment section:

Hey people ! I just felt like i needed to clarify some things a bit : First, this video was never a "i-can-make-a-better-music-than" kind of deal. I have the utmost respect for Archive as musicians and the music i made on this trailer was simply a way to show CD Projekt Red the mood and the music i was capable of making for the Cyberpunk 2077 game. See it as a sort of Curiculum Vitae (And YES they have seen the video). I'm just saying this cause i've seen so much people arguing in the comments section (well it's Youtube right..) but really there is no need to compare my track to the original, both are very different. Also i confirm that the full version of this song WILL be a part of my next album. Which will be released early 2014 (And i'm also very sorry i can't give you a precise release date at the moment) Last but not least i really wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone that has been supporting me and my music here. It really means a lot to me. (And please excuse my English since i am French)

Looks like it worked out for him. :)

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Eh, I think the orignal song sets a great mood for the trailer. Much like what Hideo Kojima does with MGS. Obviously the core gameplay music can't be like that.

passerby

Arcane
They could also try to approach Frozen Synapse soundtrack guy, soundtrack alone built pretty amazing atmosphere in that game.

Last edited:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Music, lol.
The company cannot into gameplay, but woah! THE MUSIC!
For me personally music made half the atmosphere of The Witcher games, it was much better than most fantasy rpgs. Never understood why many people underestimate the importance of it, I even know a couple of freaks who usually turn it off.

Falksi

Arcane

Sykar

Arcane

Kent has a background as a guitarist in several black metal bands. Since 2012 he has produced electronic music inspired by cyberpunk culture and with inspiration from movies like Akira, Ghost In The Shell and The Running Man

Just listening back, and the only thing I'd suggest is taking the riff which starts at 1:02, and doubling it up in a higher octave at around 1:20.

Still cracking work.

You should not copy your YT comments 1:1 into the codex, makes you too easy to find there:

"Dan Faulkner för 23 timmar sedan
Just listening back, and the only thing I'd suggest is taking the riff which starts at 1:02, and doubling it up in a higher octave at around 1:20. Still cracking work."

:P

aris

Arcane
Has there been released anything that says something about the gameplay or the content of the game yet?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
it this game will come out in the summer of 2019, call yourselves lucky

Gerrard

Arcane

7jLZCOJ.png

Ha ha, whoops.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom