Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wonder if they fixed that awful loading time because of the autosave.

For POE1? No, I don't think so. This is the game everyone's already played, just with some additional content that the rest of us can download for free. I don't see anything that suggests actual code (vs. designer) work being done here.

For POE2, they did say load times were a major focus, so those should be better. But this is just a 'game of the year' style re-release of the first one.

Sizzle

Arcane
I hope this applies to GOG as well (for all of us who have both the base game as well as TWM 1&2 there), it would be nice to have a single comprehensive installer for the game.

Inf0mercial

Augur
PotD is the only way to play the game tbh. You don't need Triage for Health, just craft and gobble up Infuse with Vital Essence potions at the end of combat. The early-game combat feels tremendously better than at release, yeah, the problem is when you get to lvl 9ish+.

That adds Max HP so i ignored it is the tool tip wrong? I was under the impression it increased your max hp and did not touch your actual hp so unless your eating them like the start of every map you visit it doesn't really stop the grind.

I mean it has to be otherwise all these food that give endurance for 300 seconds would be fucking broken.

In other news just did all the bounties i could reach besides Elmwood one that i can't reach, the bounties are for sure some of the better fights even if once you kill the casters you can Tarpit the fighters then start the pain train with CC and focus fire and they really break apart.

I always loved Icewind dale 2 aesthetics and i am loving the White March so far, just did first map and i liked all the neat story shit packed into the map although those Fish things being so fucking Powered up compared to every single other one i have killed is pretty amusing, for some reason the 30 in ogre caves are not half as tough as the 3 hovering around with Ice Trolls.

I do think that POTD seems more and more attractive but i am too far in to restart now so when i finish i'll do a solo run on POTD probably, i had some ideas on a Druid or Mage build, i am liking chanter but its a bit static, although the Charm invocation is pretty fucking broken with high intellect, does not matter if i have 50% to win if i can hit 6 guys with it and have 12.5 seconds of charm, the odds are on my side.

Aloth also has that broken as fuck wand with 10% chance to dominate its actually turning these encounters into a bit of a joke, combined with Grieving mother on CC with Puppet Master and i have 3 sources of charm and dominate, its pretty hilarious.

Hopefully later enemies have some better Will saves i guess, or outright immunity.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No, once you get the overpowered stuff the game is basically over, so don't count on immunities and stuff. And that happens around lvl 9, you get even more OP as you go along. Infuse with Vital Essence heals Health that stays after combat if the duration hasn't expired.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seriously though, do we have any info about this DLC? Should I actually wait for it?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Seriously though, do we have any info about this DLC? Should I actually wait for it?
Only what the press release says; items and portraits. If there was new content (story/quests/etc.), I'd imagine they would call that out as much as possible, so I'm guessing it's a pretty safe skip if you're already in mid-playthrough.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Only what the press release says; items and portraits. If there was new content (story/quests/etc.), I'd imagine they would call that out as much as possible, so I'm guessing it's a pretty safe skip if you're already in mid-playthrough.

That still doesn't let us know what the new items or portraits are.

santino27

Arcane
Patron

That still doesn't let us know what the new items or portraits are.

I'm not sure what your point is. :) The question I was responding to was whether he should wait for the DLC (vs. continuing his current 33%+ playthrough). Given what appears to be the limited scope of the DLC, it seems waiting wouldn't be warranted.

Does that mean we know the specifics of the items and portraits? No... but I'm not sure why that matters in the context of the question.

(If your point was 'it would be nice to hear what the new items are', I totally agree.)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Since it's only items I think they will be "retroactive", as in working with a saved game. I think you can also change your portrait at any time? Not sure, but if that's the case then you can use the portraits with a saved game as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom