Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh: Feudal Era Dark Souls

newtmonkey

Arcane
Saw this came out when I opened Steam up today... let's check the price...
JESUS
Equivalent of 55 USD here. Will wait for a sale I guess.

EDIT: Would literally cost less to have the PS4 version (new and sealed) shipped to my door tomorrow morning. :O

Hyperion

Arcane
It comes with the DLC, which totals about $15. Should be a few bucks cheaper than ps4 + all DLC.

Urbanolo

Augur
So how's the port? Will my laptop with flimsy Geforce 960m even run this shit?

Bought it, downloading on potato 3MB/s internet (fucking 70GB install sizes these days, man). Will post impressions later.

Ausdoerrt

Augur
Well, I gave in and got it since it looks kinda cool and I don't really have a decent action game to play atm. Hope it's good.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
git gud casuls

Also, she takes increased damage from ranged weapons when she goes airborne so you can rapid fire shurikens at her for massive damage.

PrettyDeadman

Okay, I've beaten the vampire lady. Living Weapons feels like eze mod. That and armor which gave me immunity to paralyse.
After than I've started the first twilight mission. Pretty hard, there is no point fighting those wheel dudes.

Hyperion

Arcane
Okay, I've beaten the vampire lady. Living Weapons feels like eze mod. That and armor which gave me immunity to paralyse.
After than I've started the first twilight mission. Pretty hard, there is no point fighting those wheel dudes.

Fight them defensively only. Keep your distance and back near a wall. When you hear its revving up like a Harley, get ready to dodge to the side. When it hits the wall it goes prone, take that time to wail on it a bit, but don't get greedy because it's going to explode. As you get more experienced with them, you can get right in their face while keeping your guard up, and continuously low stance dodging to the side. Once you're behind them, a change to High Stance and a single Weak attack should knock them out of commission for you to wail on them again. They're especially vulnerable to the heavy hitting weapons.

I still have yet to find a foolproof strategy to Tengus. Fuck those cocksuckers and their Van Damme kicks.

PrettyDeadman

Okay, I've beaten my first Twilight Mission.
It was really easy.

Played for a bit, this seems terribly optimized - my GPU usage on a GTX 1070 is around 80-90% at 1080p, which is very surprising given how basic the game looks. I can hold 60fps in 1080p but only just. 1440p is 45-50fps territory.

Game seems fun, though. It's really not very much like Souls at all.

Also, button prompts are for the Steam controller - any way to change them to something else?

bought it for 35€ :cool: game seems to run rather smoothly on my pc. 1080 at medium keeps 60 fps on my shitty toaster (i3-6100/8GB/R9 380 4GB). combat looks fun so far.

Hyperion

Arcane
Is there any online component worth paying for, or can I steal it without missing much?
There are no Souls style invasions, PvP is a separate thing so you would be just be locked out of co-op. Also, I don't think Revenants spawn when you're offline, at least they don't for me and they're like the best way to get better gear. On the other hand, there might not be too many rev's on the PC since the game is just out.

Also, game is worth the $.
There are developer Revenants, their names are in Red, are usually kinda silly, and have silly deaths as well. Some of them have unique pieces of gear, and are available offline.
Off the top of my head, there's one behind a waterfall in the Ogress level that has the Water Buffalo Kabuto. There's another in the Joro-Gumo level that has a heavy armor set (forget which one...) that is Divine once you're in the post-game and can find Level 150 gear.

Otherwise, all Revenants are player deaths, and have their gear. Been awhile since I played, but Isle of Bandits allows you to get customized, Level 150 gear in Way of the Strong. Hope they didn't change it, there's a couple of Revenants there with near perfect Dual Swords (minus Sign of the Cross Damage) and Heavy Armor.

Smithing Text farming pretty much made me quit I raged so hard. May have to start up again now that he buzz for the PC version is popping up though.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Took me almost two hours of replaying Way of the Ninja Adept for Iga Jonin smithing texts and I got nothing. Then I got all three texts within 15 minutes :positive:

PrettyDeadman

Is it worth it paying attention to cutscenes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom