Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2015-10-18_00001t1uki.jpg

Babes, bullets, bombs! Damn I love this job!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Tamriel Rebuilt, the Sacred East

5Nv1Xz0.jpg

Akamora, a vast Indoril city in the Mephalan Mountains

oi5OxIz.jpg

Helnim, an Imperial-style city

O9I0FBl.jpg

Tel Narrusa, a Telvanni settlement adjacent to Helnim

aO3TNRz.jpg

Marrog, a Telvanni settlement on the south side of Falar Bay and next to the Dwemer ruins of Kemel-Ze

yfYHGla.jpg

Tel Muthada, a Telvanni settlement in the interior of the Helnim Fields region

L1TUIRI.jpg

Ayemar, a northerly Indoril outpost overlooking the Inner Sea

NxyY9Gu.jpg

Dun Akafell, a vast series of ruins in the Mephala Mountains

j63t4AH.jpg

Sunset from a balcony at Tomaril Manor

3TMUONo.jpg

Sailen, an Indoril settlement southwest of Necrom

XvzzWZe.jpg

Necrom, a sprawling city controlled by the Tribunal Temple

xGUJymd.jpg

Necrom, trioliths and outlying buildings

BwhQWcS.jpg

Necrom, the Temple

spekkio

Arcane
Lost Vikings 2

Finally, the grimdark future!

AJLgfHH.png

Where we meet the CEO of the Resistance, John Conroy:

tsqjhQC.png

LUAJ5A0.png

A big green guy?

deyiAA1.png

:roll:

u8ByzAZ.png

Let's electro-rape him with combined force of both furry- and scalie- dom!

HbwVvPK.png

:dance:

ItpiFD9.png

0wp305G.png

:yeah:

Luzur would be proud of us...

s94bEBM.png

:obviously:

And finally, the face behind the evil mask is revealed:

L2ebWVH.png

wrxIJ9S.png

#kevinspaceymoment

Anyway, that's it!

iU4zrfq.png

WHvFuzB.png

:kwa:

VNhhwT9.png

:salute:

Cb1vlzn.png

:hmmm:

Bujwq2J.png

ygeN55f.png

OFC it's the end for the series. With the dawn of 3D and newshit dumb audience, puzzle games went p. much extinct...

:cry:

But still - I've beaten both LV1 and

xLPGb6L.png

Current mood:

Endemic

Arcane
Best method for that is to use a tank as a spotter. Sonic Tanks (once you get them) are IDEAL for this task.

I already lost one to a Disrupter Pulse Launcher. At $850,000 a pop I'd prefer not to replace them too often :P at this point in the game many aliens are packing DPLs.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
^ What do you do in those new areas? Just exploration or there are quests and shit?
The completed areas (the entirety of House Telvanni plus the northernmost part of House Indoril) do have NPCs with quests, though the distribution is uneven; the more southerly portion should have additional work done. You can also explore the entirety of the lands controlled by House Redoran, plus a large part of House Indoril (outside the Sacred East) and House Hlaalu, but only the exteriors and a small portion of the interiors are finished, not NPCs or quests.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I already lost one to a Disrupter Pulse Launcher. At $850,000 a pop I'd prefer not to replace them too often :P at this point in the game many aliens are packing DPLs.

The only advice I can give to that is "don't overextend yourself".

The way I did it (disclaimer: 20+ year-old memories) was to use the tank as a spotter only, I rarely fired with it. You get a lot of AP which should be enough to let you peek out, look around, then take cover. If targets are spotted, pick one and let the rest of the squad peek out to take potshots at it with "Zee Beeg Gons" before retreating back into cover.

The primary goal of the tank when dealing with Tentaculats is to act as bait. When you've gotten familiar with Alien Base/Alien Artifact layouts you can easily tell early on if it's safe to leave your tank exposed. Out there in the darkness it's mostly Hallucinoids and Tentaculats, and their melee attacks rarely do any real damage against tanks. If you start close to the alien base, however, you'll have to deal with Aquatoids and Tasoths on top of that, and you know already how effective tank bait is under those circumstances.

Later on, inside the Artifact Sites, you'll learn to recognize (via trial and error) which areas of the base house the Tentaculats, and let your tank take point in those areas. (Hint: They hide in small 2x2 alcoves two floors above ground level.) IIRC Tentaculats do not appear in Alien Bases.

It's also worth mentioning that I "abused" the game somewhat to lessen my financial troubles, so I at least could afford to lose the occasional tank. I could NOT afford to lose my veteran soldiers.

Endemic

Arcane
The only advice I can give to that is "don't overextend yourself".

Cleared it with 1 dead aquanaut, score 1772, over 30 dead aliens (I left when I got bored of hunting down the stragglers). Was rushed by 6-7 Tentaculats at once on the lower level. Aside from that it wasn't too bad, with the Displacer soaking most of the alien shots. Seems the Tasoth Leaders dying panicked the rest, so they didn't get a chance to use their MC.

Endemic

Arcane
Hmm, shot down a battleship with Xarquids on it. Odd, considering the game said it was on a surface attack.

9p9LJQD.png

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hmm, shot down a battleship with Xarquids on it. Odd, considering the game said it was on a surface attack.

9p9LJQD.png

Interesting, since under most circumstances I don't even encounter Xarquids. In all of my TFTD playthroughs I think I've managed to frag, bag and tag a Xarquid ONCE.

There's a Xarquid acting as a doorman of sorts right at the end of the second part of the Final Mission, but there's no time to study them at that point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom