Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Vorark

Erudite
Tried Demon's Souls again, I'm still at the area you need to run from the dragon breathing fire down on you and the enemies; it's right after the first boss (Phalanx?). Anyway, still lags terribly, average of 15fps. :(

flyingjohn

Arcane
Btw for anybody wandering about emulating Tokyo mirage sessions on cemu you are gonna wait a while.
The game seems to require the use of geometry shaders(and it looks like it is the only game using them) so the issue is pretty much at the bottom of cemu development priorities.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It seems you are searching for the paradise of emulation...

Barney-Wink.gif

No Great Name

Arcane
The paradise of emulation sounds heavenly indeed but they don't have complete sets of Nintendo-themed chess pieces and playing cards anymore.

Also they don't have the fabled Yes-Outro kind of sets.
I had luck finding complete sets on the internet archives.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
The paradise of emulation sounds heavenly indeed but they don't have complete sets of Nintendo-themed chess pieces and playing cards anymore.

Also they don't have the fabled Yes-Outro kind of sets.
Tell me more about these playing cards.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
drwhojan said:
Citra-CC-MSVC-_18_11_2017
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/SlvQmIA5/file.html

(Note) You will need to replace you're own "User" folder

ALL NEW (NOVEMBER 7th) UNOFFICIAL CITRA BUILD NOW FINALLY WITH THE SIDE-BY-SIDE HORIZONTAL LAYOUT; IMPLENTED FIRST BY THE OFFICIAL DEV TEAM AND NOW FINALLY, FINALLY ALSO INTEGRATED INTO THE MUCH-FASTER, MUCH-BETTER UNOFFICIAL BUILD BRANCHES.

ASIDE FROM THAT: IT IS SIMPLY PUT THE FASTEST CITRA BUILD I'VE UTILIZED YET.

On my end, with this build of Citra:

- DQ 7 and 8 both ran at rock-solid 60 FPS at 2x RESOLUTION bump.

- Exact same deal with SMT IV: Apocalypse; in my previous build of choice I only got about 40-45 FPS, at 1x (native) resolution! Talk about improvements!

Etc, etc. Already began a new game of ETRIAN ODYSSEY 5, and surprise surprise, runs at 60 FPS rock-solid at 2x resolution.

But I left the best for last? FINALLY THEY ALSO INTEGRATED OPTION TO HAVE THE INPUT CONFIG MENU/SCREEN DETECT ANY JOYSTICKS THAT YOU MAY HAVE PLUGGED IN!!!!

It recognized my MAYFLASH arcade fightstick so, it works. Still, 100% seamless input device(s) support and configuration still has yet to fully make its way into the unofficial build(s). Hell, I think the Canary build(s), the official ones I mean, still don't have it either.!

I got lucky and found 1 build made by a random guy who did specfiically for making it use his pads and shit. What I do is I kept that build and I only use it when I need to configure my buttons/joystick on my arcade stick, and then I copy/paste the mapping "code" that's now iniside that build's config.ini and I take that portion and paste it in thecorresponding "section" in the config.ini of the ACTUAL BUILD i'll be using to play the game.

Yes, even without "support" by doing that and only that ANY build, ANY, will brute-force raw recognize your play input device, be it pad, stick, whatever, AS LONG AS YOU CONFIGURE IT IN A CITRA BUILD WITH SUPPORT FOR CONFIGURING IT, you can then take that build's config file and copy/paste the controls paragraphs/sections on any build you please and it'll always work but the build's INPUT CONFIG SCREEN will be all fucked up looking but it'll work always. :)

spekkio

Arcane
BROS, Retroarch-Beetle Saturn core has been updated to ver. 0.9.48 (current version of mednafen). With this, quicksaves are now available, so you can finally savescum like the dirty cheater you are:

qwImF71.jpg

:incline:

Has anybody managed to run Final Doom PSX port properly on any emulator?

EPSXE shows title screen, then crashes.
PCSX - same as above
pSX - runs but extremely glitchy

Have you tried Retroarch with the Beetle psx core?

Doesn't work, justs load stuff and immediately quits to menu.

Tried also PSX Final Doom on PS3, no fucking luck.

Any ideas?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Has anybody managed to run Final Doom PSX port properly on any emulator?

EPSXE shows title screen, then crashes.
PCSX - same as above
pSX - runs but extremely glitchy

Have you tried Retroarch with the Beetle psx core?

Doesn't work, justs load stuff and immediately quits to menu.

Tried also PSX Final Doom on PS3, no fucking luck.

Any ideas?
Tried PCSXR and VGS?

Thanks to another user's kindness on priv I have finally managed to run it on Beetle Core:positive: pSX, PCSX-R, EPSXE etc. - don't even bother, you just stuck on loading screen.

VGS - does this shit still exist? I was using it (this + Bleem!) in '99 or '00.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It worked well on WinXP and had ok compatibility when I used it a long time ago. Don't remember if I tried to run PSXDoom on it, but I guess it was worth a try.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How are the N64 zeldas on citra? Playable yet, or don't bother?
Honestly? I don't bother and use this instead:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2g5pms1o3rsofsrci9gb7o2th7&topic=5161.0

It takes a bit of trouble to make them work with no intro (bytswapping the roms with tool64) but it's easy to do.

Some bugs were not fixed (yet), the most obvious of which are:
  • Screen corruption switching between the Bomber's notebook and the pause screen (problem with the MM GC roms, need someone with the skills to fix)
  • Pause screen background does not have anti-aliasing applied

These hacks need the roms loaded with the N64 extension pack to work correctly (on the emu config).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks to this thread I got Etrian Odyssey 5 running in less than 2 minutes (I use Wii U USB helper to find/download/patch the rom.) Thank you, Codex.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Nostaljaded Siveon flyingjohn

Have any of you guys (or anyone reading this) tried out Persona 5 performance with the latest RPCS3 build? They recently made a huge improvement performance wise for a wide range of games, and it was noticeable on my rig regarding CATHERINE performance. Went from 20-25 fps in heavy moments to rock solid 30fps always, zero dips.

I want to know if P5 has similarly become better performance-wise, but the game is 30gbs and I don't currently have the game "installed" to RPCS3... I wanted to ask peeps here before downloading 30 gigs all over again and then encountering no difference from how it ran on my rig 6 months ago.

my rig:

intel core i5 3.7 something ghz, i think maybe 100mhz or so more
nvidia GPU "1050 GTX"
random mobo bought cheapest possible
8gb of the slowest possible current-standard RAM. I can't even remember if it's ddr3, 4 or 5, lewl, all I know is it's definitely current-gen.

SSD drive, which has zero bearing on what playing this thing.

6 months ago Persona 5 gave me 10-13 (sometimes up to 15 !) FPS while walking around the city, what with the ton of NPCs mulling around. Also at that time CATHERINE ran great, as I mentioned, 20-25 fps, but like I mentioned already with the most recent build of RPCS3 i downloaded just now catherine is running rock fucking solid, absolutely zero dips EVER.

Would appreciate this :)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My GPU is like 4 years older than yours. I won't be emulating PS3 stuff until I get a new one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom