Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

kalganoat

Savant
Have they fixed the game yet? I heard there were lots of bugs.

Perkel

Arcane
136 pages. Wait is ELEX legit good or everyone is craves Gothic 2 and they are willing to eat anything Piranha Bytes will release ?

Serious question.

Tygrende

Arbiter
After 47 hours I finally found Stormson.Whoever said the quest structure was retarded... was right :M
Just wait until you get the quest to find the ingredients needed for a cure for the Gray Death. Assuming you bother to do Nasty's quests.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is it me or they buffed barefoot waifu to the stratosphere in patch. Her poison sword destroys everything, and her fire spells murder albs regardless of level. She is stronger than Nasty now. (Ultimate diff.)

Also feels like some requirements on weapons became lower. (Chainsabre)

Have they fixed the game yet? I heard there were lots of bugs.
Well they fixed many quests. And you even get XP from all the books you read.

Translation (english) is still bad.

And the guy who lost his bow now wears a sword on his back instead of a bow.

Last edited:

Tygrende

Arbiter
Translation (english) is still bad.
Speaking of which

Endgame conversation, heavy spoilers:
HRSuoOo.jpg

Ziem

Arbiter
Is it me or they buffed barefoot waifu to the stratosphere in patch. Her poison sword destroys everything, and her fire spells murder albs regardless of level. She is stronger than Nasty now. (Ultimate diff.)
I think companions power level increases as you progress to next chapters, not sure though

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's correct I think, but I'm still in Chapter 1 on my second playthrough. And she is a beast compared to others.

ArchAngel

Arcane
136 pages. Wait is ELEX legit good or everyone is craves Gothic 2 and they are willing to eat anything Piranha Bytes will release ?

Serious question.
I would say from watching it on twitch for about 10h it is a rough diamond. But I think modders will need to fix it, I doubt PB will put in required effort.

Incantatar

Cipher
I discovered a few ways making it possible to play this game ironman and actually try it atm. I have a huge problem though, I would be really thankful for any assistance.

So I want to join the clerics asap and made the mistake in their one join quest to not make the deal with Karsten. Now I need to kill him 1 on 1. I'm level 7 with no fighting skills and he's much too scary for a 1 on 1 for me. No other NPC will attack him, no monster will attack him. My useless companion only tries to attack when I'm getting hit but doesn't do any damage.
Since I'm not reloading, is there any good way left killing the bastard?

The only option I see is to get much more money and XP to use the flamethrower on him. But that is 3 more levels or 27 skill points in Elex potions. I would prefer something that doesn't require that much time(=risk) investment.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I discovered a few ways making it possible to play this game ironman and actually try it atm. I have a huge problem though, I would be really thankful for any assistance.

So I want to join the clerics asap and made the mistake in their one join quest to not make the deal with Karsten. Now I need to kill him 1 on 1. I'm level 7 with no fighting skills and he's much too scary for a 1 on 1 for me. No other NPC will attack him, no monster will attack him. My useless companion only tries to attack when I'm getting hit but doesn't do any damage.
Since I'm not reloading, is there any good way left killing the bastard?

The only option I see is to get much more money and XP to use the flamethrower on him. But that is 3 more levels or 27 skill points in Elex potions. I would prefer something that doesn't require that much time(=risk) investment.

If you weren’t playing ironman I’d tell you to reload and just bribe the guy, but maybe you need to join the claws before that’s possible.

So how to beat a much higher level enemy at level 7... hmm... You could do it with a bunch of grenades but that isn’t cheap either. Do you already have the flamethrower?

. There’s one in a broken down dome near the fort but you’ll need to dodge some very tough spiders to get it.

You might be able to kill him with one of the plasma blasters—lower attribute requirements than the Flamethrower mark B.

Have you activated the Teleporter near the cathedral in the Hort? You might be able to avoid going anywhere near Karsten again until you’re strong enough. But really you can’t go wrong with Elex potions.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
After 47 hours I finally found Stormson.

Whoever said the quest structure was retarded... was right :M

Why did you change your mind on that quest? Seemed just fine to me-

Found the guards dead through automatic manual quest marker usage because I'm a filthy casual, but could imagine stumbling across it without. Went back and told Angrim who demanded I kill him. Popped and saw his woman in Goliet to tell her Stormson's still alive and she hinted he'd probably be with the clerics. A while later, found him digging rocks in Hort and spoke to him about his escape before bashing his head in with a mace to satisfy the honour of the Bezerkers.

Did yours play out differently? Nothing retarded about it I didn't think.

Jinn

Arcane
Why did you change your mind on that quest? Seemed just fine to me-

Found the guards dead through automatic manual quest marker usage because I'm a filthy casual, but could imagine stumbling across it without. Went back and told Angrim who demanded I kill him. Popped and saw his woman in Goliet to tell her Stormson's still alive and she hinted he'd probably be with the clerics. A while later, found him digging rocks in Hort and spoke to him about his escape before bashing his head in with a mace to satisfy the honour of the Bezerkers.

Did yours play out differently? Nothing retarded about it I didn't think.

This is essentially how it played out for me too, minus quest marker usage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom