Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which is the better game?

• The Stick of Truth

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • The Fractured But Whole

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I haven't played both.

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
For those who've played both.

Jokzore

Arbiter
tl;dr Definitely Stick, its not just a better game but its also a better south park episode.

Fractured gets especially tedious near the end with its constant ''puzzles'' which are all solved the exact same way pressing the exact same buttons. The games are pretty much the same length but in truth theres a whole lot less to do in Fractured since most of the activities involve you waiting for certain things to unlock and then running back to collect yet another costume.

The social media mechanic is back, but while in the first game friends are automatically added to your facebook account in the second one you have to hunt down people who arent following you and then manually take a selfi. It was cute the first 3-4 times when i actually put some effort into it , making a face , picking a filter , but i spent the next 15 hours mashing the selfi button just to get through the whole ordeal quicker.

Combat is also far better in Stick of Truth, yes its quite simple and near the end it might even be tedious but its clean and it doesn't pretend to be something its not. In Fracuted But Whole the combat is grid based and you have a lot more options since you can mix and match any and all classes in the game , but none of the abilities are particularly interesting or satisfying to use, they mostly do the exact same thing just slightly differently. Even the character specific ultimates which are quite fun in the beginning, get boring once you've seen the same unskippable animation for the 20th time.
An aspect of the combat that particularly annoyed me is the timers, to the guy who thought its fun to put real time elements into a grid turn based combat system, I hope Spontaneous Bootay crushes you in zhers booty cheeks.

Obsidian also does a much better job of parodying RPGs/epic fantasy while Ubisoft SanFran focuses more on ''culture'' and being topical.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
They should upgrade to HTML5 already. It's the current year, for crying out loud.

The Fish

Arcane
Pretty much every joke in the stick of truth was a direct reproduction of a joke in the tv series. It was like watching loads of reruns in succession, boring.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have only played Stick of Truth and it was so good I'm not going to bother with the otherone.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
no kingcomrade option. the poll is invalid. and the games both suck.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
[Jaesun] South Park games are rpgs now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom