Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, this is still a PB game so I will try to make melee work. Fuck ranged combat, it's way too buggy anyway.

Not once you get 'dem psi powers. Hoo boy ain't nobody even approaching me now.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I exploded on land mine, and Caja commented that: "rotten remains of old civilization", while I was standing there half dead and sand from broken roof above me fell on my head.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Finished the game. I really dislike how you are pigeonholed into specific endings based on your cold level, I didn't like the ending I got all that much.

Got the "Mana Hybrid" ending where Jax sticks a World Heart seedling inside the Hybrid. The thing is I don't trust Mana, especially since Caja said it can revert back to Elex at any time. Lame, I'd rather just kill the Hybrid, he's obviously under the ayy lmao's influence.

I didn't like being locked out of certain dialogue options because of cold level in general. I feel like the vast majority (if not all) of high cold options result in worse outcomes even though they are supposed to be more logical.

Tigranes

Arcane
I like the idea of it - C&C, not "hey who cares what you did before here's 3 buttons in the final room press whatever". But the Cold ending is really fucked up, at least in the English version - the dialogues are so spliced together it makes no sense. Half of it is identical to supah emotional ending, half of it sounds cold but the result is I'm not even sure what the fuck happened that's any different.

When I went Berserkah and fairly Emo I injected Mana into Hybrid and then Jax has no problem persuading most people this is the way to go & Free People will unite against Deus Ex Machina, when I go ice cold Cleric I say "Hybrid u r so rite"... then next line I say "we will not be controlled by you!!!!"... then I kneel to the hybrid... then hybrid sends me out to order everybody to submit... which is retarded in itself because uh yeah "Hi i'm a former alb just went and talked to hybrid turns out hes rite so everybody just become his slave". But half the time Jax is also spouting lines that make it sound like hybrid is 'working for us now'... it's just fucked up.

imweasel

I died a few hundred times because melee combat is why I buy PB games. [...] ranged attacks, enemy groups everywhere and the absolutely bizarre distribution of enemies (again, this is not Gothic design, this is randomized open world shit) turn every quest outside of towns into a gamble.
:M

You have two options.

1. Stay away from enemies that are too strong and level up. Yes, you can easily gain numerous levels in this game without killing a damn thing. You will eventually become insanely STRONK which is very satisfying.
2. Claim that the game is too brutal and quit (maybe even throw a hissy fit), then fire up Skyrim so you can bask in that glorious level scaling where everything bends to your will no matter what you do.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I like the idea of it
I like the idea as well, but what matters is the execution. Sadly it sucks. For example there is absolutely no reason to force a high cold Jax to
side with the Hybrid or allow Ulbricht to get himself killed. Hybrid is so high on Elex he might as well be an ayy lmao at this point, believing in what he says is not logical at all. Ulbricht seems to be a much better leader than Reinhold is and his death results in no help from Clerics during the final battle.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I had similar issues. I went for the maximum emotion ending where I kill the hybrid. On occasion, such as when I went to the former leader of Origin, Jax would start talking about how we have to "obey the Hybrid" even though the Hybrid is lying dead on the ground.

Also to add to this the Zardom character and questline felt completely unnecessary.

I assume he was just there as a callback to Xardas, because his character served almost no purpose in advancing the plot and the resolution of his story during the epilogue felt like something out of a mod. Same with the resolution of Kallax for that matter. And your dad. The game had way too many antagonists.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
I like the idea of it - C&C, not "hey who cares what you did before here's 3 buttons in the final room press whatever". But the Cold ending is really fucked up, at least in the English version - the dialogues are so spliced together it makes no sense. Half of it is identical to supah emotional ending, half of it sounds cold but the result is I'm not even sure what the fuck happened that's any different.

When I went Berserkah and fairly Emo I injected Mana into Hybrid and then Jax has no problem persuading most people this is the way to go & Free People will unite against Deus Ex Machina, when I go ice cold Cleric I say "Hybrid u r so rite"... then next line I say "we will not be controlled by you!!!!"... then I kneel to the hybrid... then hybrid sends me out to order everybody to submit... which is retarded in itself because uh yeah "Hi i'm a former alb just went and talked to hybrid turns out hes rite so everybody just become his slave". But half the time Jax is also spouting lines that make it sound like hybrid is 'working for us now'... it's just fucked up.
at this point i suppose each localization have a different ending dialogue.

Tigranes

Arcane
Zardom is quite pointless and the Kallax/Wardek? stuff doesn't properly get resolved either.

Also Kallax hilarious bug

ice cold jax talks to kallax, dialogue is 99% identical to super emo jax, they fight, but kallax goes auto-unconscious not ded, wakes up, refuses to talk to you, stands there.... until the endgame when you can go and tell him to haul ass to ice palace and obey ice cold jax

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zardom is quite pointless and the Kallax/Wardek? stuff doesn't properly get resolved either.

Also Kallax hilarious bug

ice cold jax talks to kallax, dialogue is 99% identical to super emo jax, they fight, but kallax goes auto-unconscious not ded, wakes up, refuses to talk to you, stands there.... until the endgame when you can go and tell him to haul ass to ice palace and obey ice cold jax
I was max emotional by that time so
I had to kill Kallax. Even though the emotional lines are the ones that talk about how he is still your brother and there might be a chance to save him... I was wondering if the scenario would play out completely different and we could team up if I was ice cold. Guess not. That sounds retarded. One less reason to ever bother replaying the game.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
combat sucks
"use the jetpack"
you become overpowered too quickly
"use the jetpack"
enemy placement makes no sense
"use the jetpack"
the world design sucks it's mostly repetitive assets scattered randomly
"use the jetpack"
if you do find a unique location all you discover is toilet paper and cigs
"use the jetpack"
merchants have infinite elexit and restock items constantly ruining any sense of an apocalyptic world and attrition
"use the jetpack"
every faction is the same and there is little to not reactivity based on who you side with, their bases are even set up and arranged in basically the exact same ways
"use the jetpack"

Elex

Arbiter
combat sucks
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
merchants have infinite elexit and restock items constantly ruining any sense of an apocalyptic world and attrition
"use the jetpack"
every faction is the same and there is little to not reactivity based on who you side with, their bases are even set up and arranged in basically the exact same ways
"use the jetpack"
yes exactly, and this is why is the best game since Gothic 2.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
combat sucks
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"
"use the jetpack"

so did you try to use the damn jetpack

kain30

Cipher
I´m in love with the quests of the outlaws, they are the best in the game. I was just jawdropped with an unexpected resolution of a quest! I love elex more and more by the day.

Tigranes

Arcane
A TRUE berserker uses not the jetpack, he fights his enemies despite shattered knees from years of fall damage walking down the stairs

Tygrende

Arbiter
I think the game should be actually playable without a jetpack. I know for a fact you can ignore the jetpack and leave the tutorial area by jumping down the mountainside. Could be a fun challenge.

Elex

Arbiter
ep6jdhh.jpg

black people, before the comet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom