Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Physique is most important stat. Else lots of One Shots.

OA is very important for everyone as some of the best devotions proc on crit. And yes spells use OA.

As for spirit/cunning stats, I usually put just enough so that base stat+mastery bonus (without devotions or equips) can fulfill the equipment requirements. usually 650ish to 700 for casters IIRC.

Rest all in physique. Maybe some in cunning for the OA; but primary sources of OA is devotions skills and equips. But yeah cunning does help a bit.
if you jave tons of hp bossting gear/equips and devotions; u can afford a bit more cunning.
But generally u be wanting as much pysique as you can get.

Carceri

Arcane
What the hell:

314fj0z.jpg

What a shit item!

Aothan

Magister
I found the same empowered version just earlier as well which I'll probably use for components

but even my Nightblade crowd control spells are being cancelled on some of the tougher enemies, specifically the Draghoul (sp), which is exactly the last type of monster which I need resisting spells. After having to kite so much I don't have many equipment options that can be changed to increase OA (I've almost completed the Bard's Harp constellation for increased OA purposes), defence is becoming increasingly necessary, and damage is good until Draghouls and the like start resisting spells..

Zakhad

Savant
Personally, I'd try not to rely on crowd-control. It's a bonus, but there are always enemies who resist it. Just DPS everything into submission. Can't resist stun-effects if it's dead.

Those pants match up with the new "Cauldron of excitement". And both are dumb.

Aothan

Magister
yes in a sense but the Inquisitor's mode of offense is for the most part very linear, everything is generated from firing in a straight line with the intention of the multiple weapon pool skills activating. And wow when your first three shots are all default attacks..

this is the difference I've realised typifies the class, my Shaman by comparison uses Creeping Vines, a Briathorn and Wind Devils whilst running around doing something besides dealing with creatures which works and is also very relaxing; the Inquisitor has to determine which direction to initially focus then see what happens between two Blessed Steel (Sacred Strike I think) abilities, Blade Trap, whether any damage goes through Inquisitor Seal, when to start using the dual healing abilities, when to try and safely make some distance with multiple creatures in melee range, etc

having looked at my OA at level 72 I have 1800 before passive abilities activate from the first shot which add about 350 points, also the Draghouls were 6+ levels higher, I don't know how the level scaling works exactly but I haven't been rushing my way through areas, if anything I usually see what bounties are available and casually level anywhere between act 1 to act 3

overall my character is progressing well but to be entirely honest certain items have definitely carried this character through some critical stages, I wouldn't recommend the class combination as a natural selection without the long term intention of finding specific items and having the time to develop special class combinations

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ashes of Malmouth ended very abruptly, so I would've been surprised had they not announced another expansion. It's cool, it will probably include more masteries, too.

PorkBarrellGuy

Ashes of Malmouth ended very abruptly, so I would've been surprised had they not announced another expansion. It's cool, it will probably include more masteries, too.

Probably, though I honestly think the current mastery list and combo system allows you to pretty much get any character concept you want already. I wouldn't really be upset if they didn't add new masteries and instead just focused on things like itemization for current class combos (some are very poorly supported by gear atm). I don't anticipate them raising the level cap any further than what AoM raised it to, but they might throw in a few extra devotion points + some quest-obtainable skillpoints/statpoints.

Mostly, though, I just really want to see where the story of Korvaak takes us (particularly relevant if you sided with Kymon's Chosen)

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of Alchemist mastery tbh, focusing mostly on poisoned/acidic weapons as the current lineup doesn't really support that very well. But yeah, even if they don't add another mastery, it's still cool.

Gentle Player

Arcane
Great news. I only hope that once again we won't be collecting higher level versions of the same item sets, as that would just be getting too silly.

PorkBarrellGuy

Great news. I only hope that once again we won't be collecting higher level versions of the same item sets, as that would just be getting too silly.

Well, IMO they either need to revisit some of the older sets and items for tweaking to counteract powercreep or possibly just give some of them Mythicals. Maybe both.

EDIT: I will admit I don't particularly like the loot pool bloat caused by having multiple versions of the same things

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Oh come on. How about an alien dimension or something? Or alien dimension forcibly pulled into earth.

We were in the alien dimension, 2 versions of it in fact, quite a lot of times already and it's pretty boring and samey. Sure, it's oppressive and dark, and bloody, but you can only take in so much obsidian shards and blood pools before it becomes routine. Or you mean the aethereal's dimension? It's not a physical place afaik, it's some kind of space between the stars and they aren't physical entities. But yeah, deserts don't sound very exciting, but who knows.

PorkBarrellGuy

Second expansion

Let me guess...

--traversing burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes

Oh come on. How about an alien dimension or something? Or alien dimension forcibly pulled into earth.

Well, we already have the Chthonic wastes and shit. That qualifies as "alien dimension". The only other thing that would qualify would be the Aetherhold where the Aetherials came from, and I get the impression that place isn't even HABITABLE by flesh-and-blood beings (though possessed mortals might be able to, judging from the dialogue you can have with that one dude who's imprisoned by the Aetherials in AoM)

Hyperion

Arcane
From an historical perspective of ARPG's, deserts, and oases have me excited because Acts 2 and 3 of D2 were definitely the most fun, and best looking, Maggot Lair aside. But they already showed they can do better than Blizzard with the Dermapteran lair at the start of Act 3 in GD. Harrogath started off badass, but they overdid it with the ice tunnels, and we already had a snowy zone in the original release following the passage through that mountain village's temple, just before the start of Act 4.

From a gameplay perspective, it's needed because the two most important resists to cap to ease the difficulty of the two endgames (original, and xpac releases) have been chaos and aether, respectively. These are secondary resists, which are generally harder to come by on gear, and are considered less imperative to cap, yet are more commonly encountered than your main 3 elements. Coming across fire beasts beyond that of a burning skeleton, nemeses excluded, here and there is a welcome change from all of the Lovecraftian horrors we've been battling for the last 2 years.

Sykar

Arcane

Very nice, I love desert and oasis themed environments.

From an historical perspective of ARPG's, deserts, and oases have me excited because Acts 2 and 3 of D2 were definitely the most fun, and best looking, Maggot Lair aside. But they already showed they can do better than Blizzard with the Dermapteran lair at the start of Act 3 in GD. Harrogath started off badass, but they overdid it with the ice tunnels, and we already had a snowy zone in the original release following the passage through that mountain village's temple, just before the start of Act 4.

From a gameplay perspective, it's needed because the two most important resists to cap to ease the difficulty of the two endgames (original, and xpac releases) have been chaos and aether, respectively. These are secondary resists, which are generally harder to come by on gear, and are considered less imperative to cap, yet are more commonly encountered than your main 3 elements. Coming across fire beasts beyond that of a burning skeleton, nemeses excluded, here and there is a welcome change from all of the Lovecraftian horrors we've been battling for the last 2 years.

I enjoyed the second act taking place in ancient Egypt of Titan Quest a lot as well though act 2 of Diablo 2 is probably my favorite. Kinda sucks in Diablo 3 though...

PorkBarrellGuy

I enjoyed the second act taking place in ancient Egypt of Titan Quest a lot as well though act 2 of Diablo 2 is probably my favorite. Kinda sucks in Diablo 3 though...

Everything sucks in Diablo 3

Desert area in Torchlight 2 was actually pretty cool, all things considered

Neanderthal

Arcane
Ey up lads, saw it were on sale GOG an i've just got base game so which dlc's worth getting if any, or should I hold out on a complete/game o year edition coming out? Cheers me dears

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Ashes of Malmouth is a proper expansion and worth getting. With the announcement of the second expansion (with probably more coming down the line) there's no real prospect of a GOTY edition in the future.

Okagron

Prophet
Devs still don't know when they are gonna stop supporting the game with new content. It all depends on sales. So a complete edition might take a while to be made.

And yeah, get Ashes of Malmouth, it's pretty good. Just a word of warning: expect a difficulty spike rather noticeable from the base game. Enemies can be quite nasty in this expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom