Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Are there any consequences for chugging Elex potions? I saw some guy claiming it leads to a bad ending or something.

High cold means you are too rational, and too rational for some reasons prevents to make irrational decisions, which might lock you out of some dialogue options.

the opposite is also true

Shadenuat

Arcane
Why does every faction have same strict hierarchy and structure? Why does faction called Outlaws has ranks and high tier armor? They're all about profit. Shouldn't they sell everything to anyone who can pay a lot of money? Shouldn't your reputation there be split between multiple gangs/scraplords?

"it's pb game" as answer is not accepted.

Elex

Arbiter
Why does every faction have same strict hierarchy and structure? Why does faction called Outlaws has ranks and high tier armor? They're all about profit. Shouldn't they sell everything to anyone who can pay a lot of money? Shouldn't your reputation there be split between multiple gangs/scraplords?

they sell powerfull stuff only to people that they can trust and that generated profit for the Duke.
they don't want to give armor and powefull weapon to people that want to rebel and take the duke place.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Repeatedly getting my ass kicked by a motherfucking chicken. :negative:

Can't wait to get a decent ranged weapon so I can rain fury on his feathery ass from the skies.

Really don't get this rage about the chickens. They have the most obvious and easily avoidable attacks in the whole of Magalan. Pause, paw the ground a bit and then rush forward in a straight line with three pecks. All the bird-type AI is the same. The dog sort AI is worse imo, with the enormous jump about the length of a football pitch that takes a big chunk of HP off. Still easy to avoid though, just hurts if you miss even one dodge. Wait until you get to the Mechs, with the laser attack and the ground slam, then you'll know real pain.

Incantatar

Cipher
Give me a few examples of functioning self reliant and sizable communities with no forms of hierarchy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Really don't get this rage about the chickens. They have the most obvious and easily avoidable attacks in the whole of Magalan.

They are 'ard-ish because you can't stagger them reliably with a one-handed weapon. So even if you provoke the three-step charge and whack them, they can still retaliate.

Wolf-types, otoh: just wait for the charge, doge, block their subsequent normal attack and finally slap them sideways.

Ordnung muss sein is a German proverbial expression which translates as "there must be order." The idea of "order" is generally recognized as a key cliche for describing German culture.[1] Franz von Papen, for instance, cited it in 1932 as Frederick the Great's "classic expression".[2] As a slogan used by Paul von Hindenburg, it became "world famous" in 1930, according to The New York Times.[3] A longer version is contained in a mid-19th century collection of proverbs where the title is a Wellerism: Ordnung muss sein, sagte Hans, da brachten sie ihn in das Spinnhaus (in English: "Order must be, said Hans, as they took him to the madhouse)."[4]

Related German proverbs are Ordnung ist das halbe Leben,[4] literally "order is half of life", humorously extended in the antiproverb und Unordnung die andere Hälfte ("and disorder the other half"). Similarly, a proverb says Wer Ordnung hält, ist nur zu faul zum Suchen meaning "he who keeps order is just too lazy to spend his time searching".[citation needed]

There is an Ordnungsamt (Public Office for Order, Code enforcement) in every German municipality and city. Minor or petty offenses are called Ordnungswidrigkeit (meaning "offense, (or rather) contrarity to (public) order").

Tigranes

Arcane
Really don't get this rage about the chickens. They have the most obvious and easily avoidable attacks in the whole of Magalan.

They are 'ard-ish because you can't stagger them reliably with a one-handed weapon. So even if you provoke the three-step charge and whack them, they can still retaliate.

Wolf-types, otoh: just wait for the charge, doge, block their subsequent normal attack and finally slap them sideways.

You can get almost certain two hits in at their butt, but after that it's iffy - so if you are 1-2 hits from death that means you roll 8 times then whack twice. Or in other words go away & come back later

Outlaws aren't very outlawy when you have a hostile natural environment, one established place to live in & earn shards, and has been recently taken over by a powerful and charismatic strongman. The Duke, as his German lines for Clerics shows, has larger plans than 'ok gais do w/e elexit is king'

Lambach

Arcane
I'm not complaining about the murder chicken, per se, (it's a PB game, you're gonna be fodder for everyone and everything early on) I just think it looks bloody hilarious that a grown-ass man with a big fucking axe is getting slaughtered by something that looks like an overcooked Thanksgiving turkey.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm not complaining about the murder chicken, per se, (it's a PB game, you're gonna be fodder for everyone and everything early on) I just think it looks bloody hilarious that a grown-ass man with a big fucking axe is getting slaughtered by something that looks like an overcooked Thanksgiving turkey.

latest

coo cooooooo

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Bitters are mutated chicken. Skexes are mutated Turkeys.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

They’re called outlaws, not anarchists. They have far fewer rules than the Clerics or the Berserkers about individual behavior, but in the end they’re just a big gang—what’s so hard to understand? Gangs almost always have a hierarchical power structure with a despotic leader at the top. Al Capone and the Chicago mafia, Jesse James and the James/Younger gang, Butch Cassidy and the wild bunch... Hell, even Robin Hood and his merry men.

Honestly, it makes perfect sense that a stationary criminal organization with its own territory would behave a lot like a nation state—they have all the same incentives. If I had access to JSTOR I’d post Mancur Olson’s paper on the subject, “Dictatorship, Democracy and Development.”

Ziem

Arbiter
stagger/knockdown chance
item buffs that affect this skill don't seem to work for some reason

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

I'm assuming the 'translators' couldn't actually read German and nobody at PB could read English
On the other hand...

I played the entire game in German and there were MULTIPLE instances where the writer clearly didn't know that you cannot literally translate an ENGLISH idiom into German word for word.
This I found dreadfully confusing.

I am assuming the game was first written in German. And yet, you get these weird fucking phrases at times that are CLEARLY from English, just word-for-word translations into German. So either the Germans who wrote this spent so much time on the Internet that they forgot that some English idioms cannot be translated that way into German, or it was written in English first, or whoever wrote it was simply an idiot.

I think it's the latter.
It's a PB game, babe.

Elex

Arbiter

I'm assuming the 'translators' couldn't actually read German and nobody at PB could read English
On the other hand...

I played the entire game in German and there were MULTIPLE instances where the writer clearly didn't know that you cannot literally translate an ENGLISH idiom into German word for word.
This I found dreadfully confusing.

I am assuming the game was first written in German. And yet, you get these weird fucking phrases at times that are CLEARLY from English, just word-for-word translations into German. So either the Germans who wrote this spent so much time on the Internet that they forgot that some English idioms cannot be translated that way into German, or it was written in English first, or whoever wrote it was simply an idiot.

I think it's the latter.
It's a PB game, babe.
the answer is probally both.

half game in english
half in german

then they translate all in german internally.

other translation are a mess too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom