Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"DRPG" Demon Gaze II a.k.a. Japanese Blobber Goodness

duanth123

Arcane
A next-in-line western release for the Japanese dev that brought you SoSC and the Operation Abyss/Babel series.

Will Codexers suffer the weeb to enjoy another Japanese crawler in the Wizardry vein?

Will aweigh buy a Vita?

Did the devs hear the mewling of western audiences over DGI's "difficulty" and create a neutered experience enjoyed by neither game journo nor enthusiast?

We shall see come 11/14.

https://nisamerica.com/games/demongaze2/introduction/

20160814_045616_thumb.png

demon-gaze-2-2-e122070.jpg

About

Magnastarhas spellbound the people of Asteriainto obeying him. As the Revolutionist Party attempts to overthrow him, it is up to you, the Demon Gazer, to wield the power of demons, liberate Asteria’scitizens, and shine the light of revolution!

Key Features

• Demon Synergy – As the Demon Gazer, turn foes to allies and power them up using the Trance Demon Mode, or fuse with them using the Demon’s Cross!
  • Dungeon-Crawling Made for Everyone –Whether you are a newcomer or a hardened DRPG veteran, utilize modes like Autopilot to customize your adventure!
  • Love On The Battlefield –Power up your demons and develop relationships with your closest companions, even leading to dating events!

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/07/demon-gaze-ii-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-fall#vIPfPU6og1xwYZKj.99

trailer:

A gameplay video by our resident Japanese crawler profligate Dorarnae

I've done a little research; the Western release comes with a free DLC "Call of the Grimodar" included that offers a hefty post-game similar to but not as expansive as DT2 or Elminage Gothic>

There are 5 difficulty levels, the highest of which I hope will approximate Vanilla SoSC

Last edited:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I personally found the higher difficulty to be overall a bit harder than the first demon gaze I think. but there's no huge spike in difficulty like the first game. if you lower the difficulty it's a cake walk though. The main story isn't very long but with the dlc it's ok.
I'd say Demon gaze 2 improves the gameplay of the first demon gaze but the maps are kinda meh(except the dlc map are ok), I think this is the biggest problem for experience inc. lately, I hope they improve this in futur title.

duanth123

Arcane
I personally found the higher difficulty to be overall a bit harder than the first demon gaze I think. but there's no huge spike in difficulty like the first game. if you lower the difficulty it's a cake walk though. The main story isn't very long but with the dlc it's ok.
I'd say Demon gaze 2 improves the gameplay of the first demon gaze but the maps are kinda meh(except the dlc map are ok), I think this is the biggest problem for experience inc. lately, I hope they improve this in futur title.

That's good to hear re: difficulty; not too surprised about the maps> Exp has never been too ambitious in that regard at least outside of the early gen xth games

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i will be buying a VITA eventually but not any time soon. actually i'm torn between buying a vita or buying a ps4. currently i'm leaning towards the vita as it will have more DRPGS but... the ps4 will have the high-graphics version of dragon quest 11.

i can always play dq11's 3ds version on emulator though.

duanth123

Arcane
Received my copy Thursday, about 5 hrs in, finally a full party.

On highest difficulty, combat so far is just a slight step below DG and SoSC although I might be overleveled.

First 3 maps are painfully tutorial/bite-sized: it seems like it's about to pick up.

No class selection, demons are basically pre-made companions fulfilling Exp's typical classes (paladin, assassin, mage)

The gem circle system (i.e. control over equip drops) is back and much appreciated, with seemingly 30-70 chance of a very difficult encounter.

Overall pleased so far.

Edit: oh yeah and OST so far is meh> Give me:

anyday.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Received my copy Thursday, about 5 hrs in, finally a full party.

On highest difficulty, combat so far is just a slight step below DG and SoSC although I might be overleveled.

First 3 maps are painfully tutorial/bite-sized: it seems like it's about to pick up.

No class selection, demons are basically pre-made companions fulfilling Exp's typical classes (paladin, assassin, mage)

The gem circle system (i.e. control over equip drops) is back and much appreciated, with seemingly 30-70 chance of a very difficult encounter.

Overall pleased so far.

Edit: oh yeah and OST so far is meh> Give me:

anyday.

the boss battle and final boss music in DG2 is nice. but yeah overall the music is nothing special, even the post game uses a couple song from the first game.
kinda the same with Dungeon travelers2-2, some nice new song but overall it re-used a lot from DT2...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom