Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum is, by far, one of the worst *games* I've ever played... emphasis on "game" and not "RPG"

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Installing the HiRes Patch and setting the game to play on windowed using the vanilla resolution (though 1280x720 worked as well, even though it came with its own nasty issues when playing the cutscenes, like the UI being present on the screen as they played) I was able to see the entire slideshow without issues.
In the end, Don Throgg's slide came before Tarant's, and there was no "lauded as a hero" slide. Now I can finally put this game to rest.

Glad to read about your succes. I hope more people with similar issues will find solution in this thread. Good luck in your new adventures, stranger.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Installing the HiRes Patch and setting the game to play on windowed using the vanilla resolution (though 1280x720 worked as well, even though it came with its own nasty issues when playing the cutscenes, like the UI being present on the screen as they played) I was able to see the entire slideshow without issues.
In the end, Don Throgg's slide came before Tarant's, and there was no "lauded as a hero" slide. Now I can finally put this game to rest.

Glad to read about your succes. I hope more people with similar issues will find solution in this thread. Good luck in your new adventures, stranger.

Sup Rinswind Merlin drog.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
But I really want to see the complete slides, else I don't feel I'm done with the game.

Which game version do you play? If you play without unofficial patches my condolences I suggest to install unofficial patch, called UAP if I remember correct (don't forget before backup saves). Or you can try to use multiverse edition, there on forum was topic with that modification. Not sure saves will work, but at least there much lesser chance to get that bug. Sometimes bugs can be individual for your configuration, like bug with disappearance captain on Half-Ogre Island, so you cannot leave that Island - it's happens randomly only with "chosen" people and nobody know why. Because source code is closed, if I am understanding correctly.

I wanted to play my first run through the game using the Unofficial Patch instead of the Multiverse Edition. I'll install the HiResolution patch for the game and see if I can get the slides to work properly that way (someone mentioned in the Multiverse thread that playing windowed solved their issues, but I play windowed using DXWnd and not the UAP feature).

EDIT:

YES!!!!!

:love:
Why play it without the patches that fixed game breaking bugs and made it look so much better?

UUyRtes.jpg

Just so you could experience it as everyone else experienced it on release day?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Why play it without the patches that fixed game breaking bugs and made it look so much better?

UUyRtes.jpg

Just so you could experience it as everyone else experienced it on release day?

I did use the HQ Townmaps mod as well as the Unofficial Patch (and HQ soundtrack replacer), just not the High Resolution Patch because I thought I didn't need it, but it seems to perfectly replace DXWnd and fix the cutscenes as well.

Jojobobo

Barely Literate
As a longtime lascivious lover of Arcanum, I posted over on Terra-Arcanum about how to keep Vollinger loyal without any exploits, something I previously thought was impossible and had only heard about in a couple of 10 year old threads. Getting to the appropriate point in my current playthrough, the post is what I found, including pretty pictures.

Even if the gameplay in Arcanum leaves a lot to be desired, the attention to detail in the writing in moments such as keeping Vollinger onside is what makes the game for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom