Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't remember Gothic spawning enemies out of the earth, just spawning enemies from list, or having many strong ranged enemies (or just all enemies having ranged attacks with DoTs sometimes).

And yet at the same time, abundance and power of healing items makes Elex very trivial often.

Didn’t the map repopulate with new enemies between chapters? It was all hand placed sure, but Elex and Gothic are very similar in terms of the need to run away at the beginning and the placement of stronger enemies next to weaker ones (oh look, a pack of wolves next to these wimpy molerats, they must be easy—DEAD. Look at these wasp things near old camp, insects are always wimps, right?—DEAD).

Most enemies need to have powerful ranged attacks in Elex or the jetpack would make combat trivial. I admit, it was easier to lure enemies away from their buddies in Gothic and kill them one by one. But I don’t mind that they’ve made kiting harder to get away with in Elex.

Shadenuat

Arcane
TL;DR: OpenCritic says 59, what's the deal with this game? Is it good or is it trash?
Try it, it makes you play differently and adapt to it's rules and world, which is not the case for 99% modern games especially RPGs.

Elex

Arbiter
Didn’t the map repopulate with new enemies between chapters?
yes and that mean i needed to kill every single monster i can before a new chapter, so explore the map multiple times one for each chapter. (also rushing thropy skills).

Tygrende

Arbiter
So, Thorald is offended after I beat his ass and won't speak to me. Speaking to him is a part of the main questline.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
They gave ranged attacks almost to all enemies to compensate for the jetpack. Otherwise most encounters would become trivial.
But it's true that they didn't have enemies appearing out of thin air, this is some dragon age 2 level of idiocy

imweasel

So, Thorald is offended after I beat his ass and won't speak to me. Speaking to him is a part of the main questline. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Permanently angry NPCs were fixed in the last patch. Try sleeping a day or two.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Permanently angry NPCs were fixed in the last patch. Try sleeping a day or two.
I slept for like a month and he finally decided to let bygones be bygones. Am I playing an RPG or an abusive relationship simulator?

Have you tried slaughtering him?
Of course I did. Everything passes right through him without dealing any damage. I triggered him so hard he absolutely refused to acknowledge my existence.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They gave ranged attacks almost to all enemies to compensate for the jetpack. Otherwise most encounters would become trivial.
But it's true that they didn't have enemies appearing out of thin air, this is some dragon age 2 level of idiocy

I could be wrong but I feel like the new spawns cluster near the teleporters, at least as of chapter four. I always get the sense that PB is trying to punish me for using fast travel.

jungl

Augur
dragon age 2 enemy popping out of nowhere added to the difficulty and made the encounters more fun. Original sin 2 is 100x worse in implementing this feature. Sad thing is dragon age 2 is better combat then pillars and original sin 2.

Felix

Arcane
On normal, I didn't find any enemy that can on hit k.o you, even the skull enemies, so you can runaway from them if you made a mistake just fine. Also, tough enemies have skulls over there head when you point your crosshair at them, just dont be a retard and you don't need to savescum.

Tigranes

Arcane
In Gothic, when I am spotted by a tough enemy, depending on where I am, I might be royally fucked and destined for a reload

In Elex, I run into a group of supermutants, run past them, jetpack away and laff

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also you need to master the awesome skill called "hide behind companions." Look there is a barefoot woman JarlFrank and you can totally have her as a companion. Then you can watch her feet, and when you hear biting and chewing and attacking sounds of a raptor, you look at raptor and start attacking him. It solves about 1/5 of trouble.

Jinn

Arcane
Wait, is it supposed to be a bad thing that you take more damage from the back?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also, this place:

8w8xJa.jpg

was probably at the same time the coolest and most disappointing one in the game so far for me

Murk

Arcane
The hell is going on with your shot type and quickbar overlapping?

I beat the game as a cleric and took cold ending. The dialog definitely gets kind of goofy at the end, and every time Jax stands on a hillside and pontificates, I can't help but recall this (queue to 1:43):

Hell, 'Xacor' even sounds like the mountains He-Bro mentions.

Restarted and thought I'd run around and try to grab up all the free armors I can recall. Getting the miner's armor and scrap scavenger stuff is p easy.

Morkar Left

Björn Pankratz said in a DevTalk that they got in 95% of what they wanted to include in it.

Elex

Arbiter
Also you need to master the awesome skill called "hide behind companions." Look there is a barefoot woman JarlFrank and you can totally have her as a companion. Then you can watch her feet, and when you hear biting and chewing and attacking sounds of a raptor, you look at raptor and start attacking him. It solves about 1/5 of trouble.
DISGUSTING DIRTY barefoot

it’s not a joke when she sit on the bed you can se the dirt in the feets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom