Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat

You seem to be obsessed with the word ''nigger''.
Only on the forum mate,in real life i use the word негър .
Jokes aside,what words should i use? In my language nigger is word that means black dude. I take it,it is a cultural thing. In the west there is such thing as taboo words,here nobody cares about such things,it is like ..... freedom of expression.

You are free to use the word nigger if you want. I'm just saying you include it in almost every sentence you post.
Yeah mate,i catch my self some time. It is cultural as i said,when i think about black dudes "nigger" comes out first,and before i catch my self i am a sentence down ;). As for sand nigger,that was a fucking joke that i heard a few months back that i am trying to get out off my head. Still i won't lie, i am a bit of racist asshole,i don't go around beating some black dudes left and right.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Once again the best part about a bad game is the meme's & discussion.

TL;DR 4Chan / 8Chan raids the Assassin Creed community with 'We Wuz Kangs' memes.

People getting banned for typing the word "We" for racism.

Click To Play:

Steam Forums:

1d4uzdX.png

UVfZwqq.png

AzYejhK.jpg

PZW25Of.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
"Fuck that shit,i won't play as a nigger!"
Why GTA San Andreas was the most popular game before GTA 5?

Realistically speaking, I think many people got Ubisoft game of shitting out games out of assembly lines and the trailers didn't show anything that made people reconsider this impression.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"Fuck that shit,i won't play as a nigger!"
Why GTA San Andreas was the most popular game before GTA 5?

Realistically speaking, I think many people got Ubisoft game of shitting out games out of assembly lines and the trailers didn't show anything that made people reconsider this impression.
Yeah,even i played a game for a decent amount of time. But then there weren't sjw bullshit,and people weren't that paranoid.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

This piece of drama around the double drm is kind of ironic in a unique way for this game. It turned out that the torrent installation program has malware bitcoin miner attached to it, which is silently installed while the game files are being unpacked.

The fun part is that even with a bitcoin miner working, a cracked AC Origins without DRM on would still run a lot smoother with the bitcoin miner on, than the original game without malware, but with DRM, would run.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The fun part is that even with a bitcoin miner working, a cracked AC Origins without DRM on would still run a lot smoother with the bitcoin miner on, than the original game without malware, but with DRM, would run.

How do you know? Random people on internet talking? ACO runs smoother than DRM-less Witcher 3 on my rig. All these claims about DRM slowing down your CPU, damaging your SSD and destroying your sperm are total bullshit.

Tbh I was pretty anti-DRM back in day but today when it's mostly Denuvo the antics of the crackers get progressively more on my nerves. Bunch of hysteric, autistic manchildren, the lot of them.

Also all the modern millenial anti-DRM hipsters are just dumb poseurs. They're yapping about the eevuls of DRM while being completely oblivious to why people started to be against DRM in the first place. Most of them have no idea how toxic and invasive the early-days DRM was - starforce, securom, tages and all that shit. Oh the joy when you were blocked from playing a properly purchased game because you installed it more than 5 times, the Tages registration limit ran out and you couldn't get an extension. Or when StarForce fucked up your HD.

Today none of that is true anymore but people keep virtue signalling about DRM, thinking they look cool. Dumbasses.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

How do you know? Random people on internet talking? ACO runs smoother than DRM-less Witcher 3 on my rig. All these claims about DRM slowing down your CPU, damaging your SSD and destroying your sperm are total bullshit.

Tbh I was pretty anti-DRM back in day but today when it's mostly Denuvo the antics of the crackers get progressively more on my nerves. Bunch of hysteric, autistic manchildren, the lot of them.

Also all the modern millenial anti-DRM hipsters are just dumb poseurs. They're yapping about the eevuls of DRM while being completely oblivious to why people started to be against DRM in the first place. Most of them have no idea how toxic and invasive the early-days DRM was - starforce, securom, tages and all that shit. Oh the joy when you were blocked from playing a properly purchased game because the you installed it more than 5 times, the Tages registration limit ran out and you couldn't get an extension. Or when StarForce fucked up your HD.

Today none of that is true anymore but people keep virtue signalling about DRM, thinking they look cool. Dumbasses.
I know from experience grandpa. If you pirate a game and buy the same game,you will see that the pirated game works better. The whole thing is pretty obvious,but considering your age....cataracts is a normal thing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But there is no cracked version/torrent. What are you talking about?
There is no torrent with a cracked exe in it yet. But there is a torrent with a custom "installer" which simply unpacks bin files with the preloaded game files in them, and as a bonus apparently, installs a miner.

Also all the modern millenial anti-DRM hipsters are just dumb poseurs. They're yapping about the eevuls of DRM while being completely oblivious to why people started to be against DRM in the first place. Most of them have no idea how toxic and invasive the early-days DRM was - starforce, securom, tages and all that shit. Oh the joy when you were blocked from playing a properly purchased game because you installed it more than 5 times, the Tages registration limit ran out and you couldn't get an extension. Or when StarForce fucked up your HD.

I've already written about this in this thread, I think. The pirates claim the game has CPU usage up by 30% due to the two drms, yet when I see the requirements/recommended system in Steam, the CPUs listed are by no means a big deal, they are a few years old.

I also asked if anyone can share experience from the original game. No one answered me.

BTW, the claims may not be completely unfounded if you look at steam reviews. More than a few people complain about CPU usage, blue screens, etc.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I've read even in mainstream reviews that DRM makes CPU go to even 100%, so it may be true. It wouldn't be suprising, but obviously should take score lower as it's no in-game thing that affects its performance.
Also, it would be extremely retarded to use such DRM, but that wouldn't be surprising neither.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But there is no cracked version/torrent. What are you talking about?
There is no torrent with a cracked exe in it yet. But there is a torrent with a custom "installer" which simply unpacks bin files with the preloaded game files in them, and as a bonus apparently, installs a miner.

I've already written about this in this thread, I think. The pirates claim the game has CPU usage up by 30% due to the two drms, yet when I see the requirements/recommended system in Steam, the CPUs listed are by no means a big deal, they are a few years old.

I also asked if anyone can share experience from the original game. No one answered me.

BTW, the claims may not be completely unfounded if you look at steam reviews. More than a few people complain about CPU usage, blue screens, etc.
This just a simple logic.Every program that runs on your pc is taking cpu power! There is no debating on that. A whole different question is how much of resource is going to the drm shit. Also more programs running means more possibility of fuckups,which stands to reason that some of the bugs in denuvo games are due to denuvo. Saying that drm doesn't have any effect on the pc and the game is retarded. Like going up a hill with 20 kg of rocks in backpack is the same thing as going up with 22kg in the backpack.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Origins cpu usage is thanks to the their badly implemented engine:
"The game runs poorly for other reasons, specifically their lack of investment for the PC version during engine development. Anvil Next engine has been rewritten with a bindless model for shaders but their DX12 renderer that goes hand in hand with this tech is only ready on Xbox One. On PC this cannot be handled so they use an extra binding wrapper to communicate between D3D11 and their renderer, this was co developed by Intel and Ubisoft. This goes against what AMD and Nvidia recommends to developers, uses a lot of extra CPU power and render their cards' power useless in certain situations (e.g. city areas in Origins). http://developer2.download.nvidia.com/assets/gameworks/downloads/regular/GDC17/DX12CaseStudies_GDC2017_FINAL.pdf"

No denuvo game had any major performance issues related to drm,expect one indie game which the dev sabotaged it on purpose.(his contract stated that if denuvo gets cracked he has the right to remove it)
Check doom or any other denuvo game performance after and before denuvo,you may get 1-3 % difference.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The music isn't very memorable, or I just don't like the Sarah Schachner style. Unlike the AC2 soundtrack by Jesper Kid, which I listen to from time to time even without playing the game, this soundtrack, like Unity's soundtrack seems too bland.

spectre

Arcane
No denuvo game had any major performance issues related to drm,expect one indie game which the dev sabotaged it on purpose.(his contract stated that if denuvo gets cracked he has the right to remove it)
Check doom or any other denuvo game performance after and before denuvo,you may get 1-3 % difference.

In this case, it's not about Denuvo, but the Denuvo + VMProtect combo. While my understanding of the inner goings-on is limited, from what I gather VMP is being called all the time, running itself in loops
and generating lots of fake operations to obfuscate the Denuvo code. Also, as the name suggests, VMP sets up a virtual machine to run the game code to obfuscate things even more.
It probably isn't as harsh as running the game (which is already a console port) in an emulator, but such DRM scheme capable of giving a performance hit.

Of couse, shitty coding and porting by the "multicultural team of various beliefs" probably contributes to this as well, and we won't be able to tell for sure unless a side-by-side comparison of cracked vs. uncracked can be made.
It will be fun though when DRM gets cracked and Ubi releases a "massive optimization patch" weeks later, calling it right now.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Ah, it's that time again.

:lol:

I had very few glitches so far in like 30 hours. One time I got stuck in they air after a jump and couldn't move until the game desynchronized me and a had very few instances were carts etc. had some bugs in the physics simulation and sped / flew way too fast.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ah, it's that time again.

:lol:

I had very few glitches so far in like 30 hours. One time I got stuck in they air after a jump and couldn't move until the game desynchronized me and a had very few instances were carts etc. had some bugs in the physics simulation and sped / flew way too fast.

That is the magic of pc,for every person the play through is a different experience ;) .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom