Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call of Duty goes back to WW2

Hellion

Arcane
J3hoLvqWQGeXmmQn5feaaw.png

Some Steam reviews:

ymch2hOhT76kHSiZyiuAEQ.png

GtToAPQOS6qy6MlRWQtH2g.png

Z_PBt7qFTFGGfBA-ZZTjqw.png

x_9YGnC8SD_-xA8wkkup4Q.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It will be pretty sad if the single player is so fucked up. I wonder if the PPSh thing is a bug? Given that te single player only deals with W front action, I take it the PPSh is a weapon from the multiplayer? Could it be assigned a wrong id or something?

Five hours campaign is just enough for me. That's how CoD single player is played - torrent it, play through it, delete it on the same day.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hahahahahaha i just decided to read some amusing shit on the steam reviews. There is a lot of people shitting on the negative reivews in the comments...... and non of the CoD defenders have the game :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:. . . . . . . . . .:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:. . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:. . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. . :lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. . :lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:. . . . . . . . . .:lol::lol::lol:. . .:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lol my best work,and i made it because i am bored.Even had to edit it,because of the spaces :negative: .

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I read some reviews too, the game is shaping up to be quite the shit show. All kinds of bugs and inaccuracies, but it's nice to see the lootbox system is operating without a hitch.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I read some reviews too, the game is shaping up to be quite the shit show. All kinds of bugs and inaccuracies, but it's nice to see the lootbox system is operating without a hitch.
Whoaaa,are you telling me that there is another game outside the loot box gambling ?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first Call of Duty didn't have a Normandy landing level you hack https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/03/call-of-duty-ww2-review/

Wot I Think: Call Of Duty: WWII Single Player Campaign
John Walker on November 3rd, 2017 at 10:04 pm.

codwar09.jpg

Fully expecting another ghastly CoD campaign, I’ve been utterly surprised by the shooter I’ve just played. Be shocked – Call Of Duty: WWII is a decent single-player game. And there’s not a loot drop in sight. Here’s wot I think:

codwar05.jpg

Call of Duty’s return to WW2 might have caused some eyes to roll, but for various reasons it didn’t mine. While once the industry was saturated by the conflict, those days were over ten years ago, and if there were ever a series that so desperately needed to go back to its roots, it’s Call Of Duty. While the multiplayer has proven enormously popular and inventive in each annual output, the single-player games have degraded to the point of sheer farce. By 2011 they had become so otherly, so laughably desperate to play the game for you, I coined the term “un-game” to ambiguously describe the experience. They were about spectacle – a six hour b-movie marathon of LOOK AT THIS! extravagance and bluster, with absolutely no interest in just letting the player play. And were crass and stupid on top.

On hearing the announcement I hoped that this series, so wayward and lost from its utterly wonderful origins, might perhaps be re-visiting not just the war in which its two great single-player games were set, but maybe – just maybe – the spirit, too.

I’m astonished to discover that, well, yes, it kind of has.

codwar06.jpg

Opening with US soldiers at the Normandy beach landing is, I think, a little on the nose. Sledgehammer, they who co-developed Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 before taking the lead on Advance Warfare, are clearly tipping their hats to 2003’s original Call Of Duty, almost moment-for-moment replicating that first game’s astonishing opening. It’s perhaps a declaration of interests, and a declaration of intent. Because what is immediately apparent, once you’re on the sand and amidst the terror and panic and hideous death, is that you are actually playing.

It’s ludicrous that this is something to get excited about, but so dreadful have CoD’s campaigns been over the years that it definitely stands out. You’re not being asked to follow the NPCs who get to do all the cool stuff – you’re desperately, scrappily trying to stay alive while everyone around you is being torn to shreds. You can die! A lot! Dashing for cover is the answer, hiding while braver men are ripped apart by German fire, is what gets you to your goal. And then, rather than watching as the game incessantly snatches control from you to make you look at shit blowing up, you’re asked to clear out a series of bunkers to make the beaches safer for arriving boats. And, again, it feels like it’s letting you be a part of it. Not the hero, not the only man to save the day, but a soldier amongst soldiers, frantically surviving in a hideous war.

You’re playing as a member of the 1st Infantry, who previously appeared in Treyarch’s not-that-great PS2 exclusive Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One, following them through the defence of France, and into Germany, over the last couple of years of the war. And, like those much earlier games, it starts off feeling like it’s your game, not the computer’s.

codwar07.jpg

It doesn’t last throughout. Once you’ve cleared those bunkers the game contradicts everything by stopping you from being able to shoot a soldier so he can attack you with a knife, and then forces you into a series of utterly bloody awful QTE sequences so horribly incongruous to everything that’s come before. “Hammer F, then drag your mouse a bit, then hit 1” doesn’t really have quite the same entertainment value nor grim impact as running, ducking, aiming, shooting, dashing for cover. It’s a festering infection in these games, that it seems Activision still can’t heal. But as soon as its spoilt things, it finds its feet again and throws you into a farmhouse battle where you’re trying to last long enough until the tanks roll in.

codwar19.jpg

You’ll never find the sorts of broad, wide play areas that bolder FPSs have offered in recent years. But what is truly exciting about CoDWW2 is just how fantastically good it is at hiding its rails. This was what most aggrieved so many about that hateful era of FPS games around 2010 to 2013. Those wretched shooters like Medal Of Honor, COD:MW3 and Homefront, that dragged you along their shoulder-wide corridor, throwing a tantrum and killing you if you ever dared wander to the left or right, had their rails shine like they’d been polished for days. Some of the best FPS games always were in a corridor, but they knew how to hide that, how to give you the impression you were choosing which way to go, because the right way always looked the most interesting or fun. And that’s something I’m just so delighted to report Sledgehammer have figured out here, letting me feel like I’m picking routes through rabbit warrens, while actually skillfully directing me down the only path I could have taken.

codwar15.jpg

Throughout a surprisingly long CoD campaign (as in, it’s closer to 10 hours than 5), it’ll still wrestle the controls away from you to show you SHIT BLOWING UP and BUILDINGS FALLING DOWN. The latter to a hilariously silly degree, with a train crash so hyperbolic that it would make Michael Bay blush, and just about everything more than two storeys high incredibly likely to collapse on top of you. If you’re lucky, you’ll be allowed to hammer at F for a moment in the midst of all this to opt out of a death. Oh, and that thing where a scripted nearby explosion causes a tinnitus ring and dizziness? Get ready to see it a lot. But oddly enough, it seems to get this out of its system by the halfway point, peculiarly calming down for the home straight, instead pushing its drama into rather boldly trying to convey some of the chilling truths of that miserable war.

codwar08.jpg

The story, thankfully, takes a back seat to the bullets. ‘Thankfully’ because oh good gravy, when CoD has tried it the other way around the results have always been fist-gnawingly overwrought bathos of the worst degree, insultingly crass and embarrassing. Here, beyond the characterising bants between the group of US infantry you follow through France and Germany, the closest it nudges to a storyline outside of the chain of events is the soldiers’ fears and concerns over the somewhat imbalanced and cruel Sergeant Pierson (Josh Duhamel, seemingly reprieving his Transformers character). That’s welcomely understated and unobtrusive as it chugs along for the first two-thirds (it gets a little more ham-fisted toward the end), the game remembering that the complete madness and horror of war is actually enough of a story all on its own.

codwar14.jpg

That banter, by the way, does seem a touch incongruous to the era. Perhaps my mind is blighted with too much Blighty, and all that jolly-good-showing and old-beaning, but I really do doubt that US soldiers were warning each other not to “puss out”. It all feels very modern, very contemporary. It’s probably not a bad thing.

And then, the game continues Call of Duty’s recent trend for allowing women in. A British female officer, and then in a larger role, a member of the French resistance. To the game’s credit, there’s barely any fanfare or fuss about this. The only disappointing part of it is that they’re the only two in the game, in a war where rather a lot of women took part.

codwar13.jpg

The campaign is pleasingly varied, mixing things up with some not dreadful stealth and subterfuge sequences, and of course the tank battles and car chases you’d expect. However, its core is the shooting, and shooting it lets you do.

I realise I’m in danger here of, er, fainting with damned praise? This is incredibly good stuff bearing in mind how bad CoD campaigns have been. Does it hold up against the best FPSs of the year? No. But what’s really surprised me is that it comes reasonably close.

codwar03.jpg

It’s not without problems. The drama of watching one Sgt. Pavey crawling his way along the Normandy beaches, his right leg ripped off at the thigh, was somewhat lessened by his hovering four inches above the ground. I’ve been entertained by some very silly ragdoll goofs, rather undermining the severity of the situation. And, despite the comparatively low-key offerings of bravado and morbidly blind patriotism that usually define this series, there are some god-awful lines and hoary old cliches. Someone genuinely utters, “No, leave me!” after being injured in battle, then bravely stays behind to hold off the enemy as his buddies retreat. But such groaners don’t define the overriding tone, which is – I’m so relieved to say – one of “Oh shit, war is really fucking awful.” Which is, of course, what the Call Of Duty games were originally about.

codwar02.jpg

It’s easy to rather gloss over how incredibly good the game looks, because CoD games always look incredible. But that’s not fair. It’s a very pretty game (I finally discovered the cause of a terrible pixelly blurring problem was an anti-aliasing mode called “filmic”. Kill it the moment you start the game), and at last, long gone are the terrifying zombie faces that gruesomely haunted the series – the facial animations and details are the best I’ve ever seen.

Oh, and I haven’t mentioned med packs! Goodness me, they’re back. No regenerating health – not even the last little bit – takes some real getting used to after all these years. This is an FPS that isn’t afraid to let you die. And the checkpointing is great throughout, meaning I didn’t miss a quicksave.

Less impressive, sadly, are the enemy bullet sponges. Headshots with machine gun rounds are useless, and Nazis can seemingly absorb bullets into their being to only make them stronger, up to a point. It’s very disappointing to watch the same stupid stumbling-but-getting-back-up animation after you’ve filled an enemy’s brain with lead, but get used to it.

codwar10.jpg

I’m genuinely delighted by this game, albeit moderated by its shortcomings. The original Call Of Duty is one of my favourite games, not just because it was a great shooter, but because it, more than school or grandparents or anything else ever managed, taught me about the Second World War. It taught me it wasn’t a backdrop to gunfights, or an excuse for a jolly old bunch of brave larks, but a monstrous and terrible era of humanity. It was a game where I’d play a couple of missions, then have to stop and do something else, because I was so affected by it. I allowed myself the small hope that returning to the same theme, abandoning all the AMERICA IS AMAZING AND ROBOTS! bullshit that’s been at the core of the series for so long, might allow a game with a glimmer of humility. And, blimey, it has.

codwar18.jpg

This isn’t as powerful throughout, although maybe that’s partly because I’m 15 years older now. And maybe partly because it’s still too slick, too bombastic, and too willing to force in a QTE. But gosh, it’s powerful by the end. It’s brave, in fact. It goes somewhere I was becoming certain it was going to avoid in the name of broad entertainment, and it works.

It also has an idiotic cookie cutter Nazi maniac, twirling his Swastika-shaped moustache as he chews his way through the background assets. It’s also dumb. This isn’t the All Quiet On The Western Front of gaming (dear God, someone, please, let us one day have that). But given how bad it could have been – hell, was expected to be – it’s quite the pleasant, sometimes harrowing, surprise.

Anyone that writes "genuinely delighted" in a Call of Duty review should seriously reconsider their life choices immediately.

orcinator

Liturgist
It will be pretty sad if the single player is so fucked up.

CoD has never had a good campaign so I don't know what you're on about.

Anyone that writes "genuinely delighted" in a Call of Duty review should seriously reconsider their life choices immediately.

Genuinely delighted to get that sweet activision money.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It will be pretty sad if the single player is so fucked up.

CoD has never had a good campaign so I don't know what you're on about.
Spare me the edginess. Back in the day you played CoD/2 and you loved it. I know I played them at least three times.

Anyone who writes "genuinely delighted" implicitly admits that he has at other times been only superficially, demonstratively delighted. Like a phone sex worker, or an RPS writer.

Teepo

Scholar
Nazis on the western front have PPSH41's? That gun that jams all the time and is reserved for women and children? What the fuck were they thinking?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Nazis on the western front have PPSH41's? That gun that jams all the time and is reserved for women and children? What the fuck were they thinking?

Dunnow, the use of Osttruppen in the Western front and Normandy is fairly well proven both in records and historical records, but I doubt the Nazis sent them such good weapons as the pepesha. They needed it too much on the Eastern Front to supplement their anemic SMG production (they even converted them to 9x19, as you surely know).

The Shpagin ain't bad, as they tell me (I never shot a original one, being a SMG and thus full auto and thus rare here) but semi-auto repros both in the Tokarev round and in .22 are fine guns, even if weird to get as they are... well, semiauto SMGs. Historical memoirs are conflicted about its performance, with the Germans praising it, the Soviets sometimes praising it ("The guns that never jams") or complaining about it occasionally. Nowadays the meme "it's more of a shotgun" is kinda true, because wartime pieces are indeed shoddily built and imprecise even for Soviet standards (and I own wartime soviet guns, they are.... a thing.).

Sure, they aren't best SMG.

Beretta_38.jpg

We built best SMG.

What is this thread about, by the way?

Teepo

Scholar
PPSH's drum magazines jammed all the time. A PPSH with a magazine on the other hand did not have this problem. PPSH has been popularized through pop culture but during the German-Soviet conflict it was mostly given to women and children due to it's short range and accuracy (or lack thereof), iirc. It's been awhile since I read about it but PPSH is what you would give to booty troops. At least that's what the Soviets used the PPSH for.

I am no expert though. The question is did the Germans equip Western front soldier's with PPSH's frequently enough for it to be common and put into a Call of Duty game? I would think not.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Osttruppen often used a mixed bag of Soviet equipment with NCO's probably having some access to PPSH's. German troops had a plethora of arms from different conquered nations that they used, so odd stuff showing up from time to time is possible. There might have been some black soldiers fighting for the axis at the western front. Wierd stuff happened, with the absolute best I heard about is a Korean who got conscripted by force by the Japs the 30's, was taken by the Soviets during a border incident, then drafted during the bleak start fo the war, got taken POW by the Germans, got drafted into an Ost Batallion and was then captured by the Americans during D-day. After which he settled and grew old somewhere in the US. A woman could have fought in the west if she was in intelligence and got stuck at the wrong place or was part of the resistence. Thing is, these were oddities.

These fucking hacks made a mockery of history. Willfully so. Piss on 'em.

Dayyālu

Arcane
PPSH's drum magazines jammed all the time. A PPSH with a magazine on the other hand did not have this problem. PPSH has been popularized through pop culture but during the German-Soviet conflict it was mostly given to women and children due to it's short range and accuracy (or lack thereof), iirc. It's been awhile since I read about it but PPSH is what you would give to booty troops. At least that's what the Soviets used the PPSH for.

I have never shot a wartime pepesha with drum magazines, so I don't know. Historical data and the memoirs I've read have conflicting opinions, but I guess there is a reason they developed and built a 35 rounds straight magazine. Still, a superior weapon to the German ones both in tactical and strategical sense (easier to build, easier to mantain, cheaper). Soviet gun technology was weirdly both more advanced and less advanced that the German at the same time (SVT-40 is a great example) but for sure they knew to build guns for industrialized warfare. Hell, Soviets even managed to throw out several assault rifles prototypes in wartime, but had no time or will to developed them further 'cause BUILD MOSIN COMRADE WE NEED MORE MOSINS

lxpqojC.jpg

Ain't this sexy looking

Hell, every tabletop wargamer knows about Soviet SMG formations, and they were shock troops, not "women and children".

I am no expert though. The question is did the Germans equip Western front soldier's with PPSH's frequently enough for it to be common and put into a Call of Duty game? I would think not.

On this, I agree. But it's CoD, it's stupid by design.

Wierd stuff happened, with the absolute best I heard about is a Korean who got conscripted by force by the Japs the 30's, was taken by the Soviets during a border incident, then drafted during the bleak start fo the war, got taken POW by the Germans, got drafted into an Ost Batallion and was then captured by the Americans during D-day. After which he settled and grew old somewhere in the US.

Aww, it's a nice movie if cheesy. Yep, Worst Koreans did a movie on that.

These fucking hacks made a mockery of history. Willfully so. Piss on 'em.

There has been more historical research in the last three posts of this thread than in the game, I presume. But the last CoD I played was CoD2.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
WWII is so massive in scope that wierd stuff keeps popping up. Thing is, those oddities are not the norm. They are really interesting sidelines at best. Not something to be made the norm in entertainment to press some bizarre quota or something.

I'm a massive WWII nerd, with friends that are way more into it than me. Guys who buy ss uniforms and got way more nazi memorablia than is healthy or normal and go visit battlegrounds with metal detectors on their holidays and shit like that. And a lot of wierd shit did happen. That's what makes it interesting. How about an incredibly brutal and bloody battle in the Netherlands that's already all but forgotten? Osttruppen on a small island where prepared to be send to the front but mutinied in a bloody night of the knives where they killed hundreds of Germans in their bunks. But failed to take over and the Germans managed to send reinforcements after which they fought a total war on the island, culminating in a final stand at a lighthouse after which every prisoner got executed. A few managed to escape with a small trawler and went to Britain, where the locals where rather stupefied to see troops in German uniform sail into port, leading to an entire sector going into alarm. There is still a big war cemetary on the island where even during the cold war there was a yearly remembrance with Soviet dignitaries attending. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_uprising_on_Texel

You do not need to add forced diversity when you can find enough bizarre stuff to reproduce that actually happened. Want to add colored people? Have some levels be about colonial troops and all the shit they went trough. Want women play a role? Have a resistance fighter or have a level from the East Front where females fought extensively. Want gays? Include the fucking top of the nazi party in the game. Want wierd weapons? Well, there are entire libraries filled about wunderwaffen and all the bizarre stuff that all the different sides tried out. Have some of that appear as a special level, weapon or easter egg. Show some fucking creativity instead of adding a few textures for diversity's sake. It's embarrassing and insulting.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_uprising_on_Texel

Last edited:

Teepo

Scholar
:roll: Why would you give a soldier with good aim a gun that can only shoot up to 400 ft? By the time a Red soldier would be 400 feet away from das German he would have been shot one thousand times. And yes drum magazines were shit and jammed all the time, like I said, it is pop culture i.e. Call of Duty 2 that made the PPSH41 with drum magazine so popular when it was mostly used with a magazine.

"Hell, every tabletop wargamer knows about Soviet SMG formations, and they were shock troops, not "women and children""

:lol: I've honestly never heard of Soviet SMG formations. But I'm not lying when I say they were mostly given to women and children while anyone who could shoot a damn were given a longer range weapon. You should read more history books and less anecdotes. :rpgcodex:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Dayyālu

Arcane
:roll: Why would you give a soldier with good aim a gun that can only shoot up to 400 ft? By the time a Red soldier would be 400 feet away from das German he would have been shot one thousand times. And yes drum magazines were shit and jammed all the time, like I said, it is pop culture i.e. Call of Duty 2 that made the PPSH41 with drum magazine so popular when it was mostly used with a magazine.

Ahh, now I understand. If you allow me to sperg a bit.... (and if some hardcore gun nut is going to correct me, go wild, I like the things but I'm not a fanatic).

76254.jpg

This, for example, is a 7.62x54r round (WarPact military surplus, I may add). It's used in Mosin-Nagants, SVT rifles, and nowadays on PKMs and Dragunovs. It's a full-size rifle round, comparable to stuff like the 7.62x51 NATO round (the one we get on the FAL, for example). This thing can kill a man several hundreds of meters away (what's a "ft"? You eat it?).

And it's kinda both overkill and useless. In WW1 marksmanship was still valued, and you got training that focused on hitting a target precisely, and it didn't mattered because industrialized warfare: as weapons and warfare itself evolved, it was discovered that soppression and fire superiority are far more important, particularly in urban scenarios. Furthermore, it's the squad LMG that has the job to , well, kill people at range.

German_7.92x33mm_Kurz.jpg

This is (shamelessly taken from Wikipedia) a 7.92x33mm Kurz round, an "intermediate" rifle cartridge. STG44 round. Assault rifles evolved as it was discovered that SMGs worked far better at suppressing the enemy and could be used by less experienced troops ("leading" the shots). Thus, logically, it was good to have a weapon that could perform as an SMG in close combat situations and also engage foes at "useful" combat ranges, like 300-400, not for 600-800 meters like older bolt action rifles.

Furthermore, the rounds even became smaller and smaller (5.56, 5.45) as it was discovered that it was even more important to let the infantryman carry as much ammo as possible. SMGs were excellent weapons in WW2, because sometimes drowning your foe in bullets is better when the enemy has a slow bolt action rifle.

On the other hand, specialized troops like snipers still used bolt action rifles, because performance. But we're talking grunt weapons for industrialized warfare here.

Sorreh, sperg out.

Teepo

Scholar
Iirc correctly they produced around 7 million (edit: it was actually 6 million) PPSH's over the course of the war. From reading about Stalingrad, I didn't hear the PPSH mentioned much. Iirc, it was said that the Red Army preferred using pistols and grenades in that battle. I do recall them mentioning groups of German submachine gunners though. This is from The Road to Stalingrad: Stalin's War with Germany by John Erickson.

Yeah I'm probably fucking wrong in this case. Reading this PPSH article now. There's so many details about the war. It's been a long time since I've seriously read about it and I'm probably mixing up and distorting details. They did give it to women and children though. That is the hill that I choose to die on. :russia:

Shock troopers makes sense, because shock troopers is who you send into the breach after someone has created an opening in the front, right? Less need to close the distance.

Last edited:

mbv123

Arbiter
during the German-Soviet conflict it was mostly given to women and children due to it's short range and accuracy (or lack thereof), iirc. It's been awhile since I read about it but PPSH is what you would give to booty troops. At least that's what the Soviets used the PPSH for.
:what:
It was the standard SMG for the Red Army. Unless you're retarded to think that Red Army consisted of women and children.

Teepo

Scholar
I mean the Red Army did enlist women and to top that off there were children and women partisans who they equipped PPSH's with. 800,000 women served in the Red Army and I am sure there were millions of more women partisans in the Soviet area. You know this right?

I admit I didn't know they were as frequently used by the Red Army proper themselves. I was under the impression that they were using rifles more than PPSH's.

Last edited:

mbv123

Arbiter
Yeah, but partisans used whatever they could find from old army supply dumps or what they took from the germans. It's not like STAVKA had a policy of equipping partisans only with PPSH's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom