Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A little poll about Wiz7 and Grimoire

Have you played Wiz7 or Grimoire?

• Total voters

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Let's get some statistical data.
Please be honest.

Max Damage

Savant
I'll wait until Grimoire is fixed/modded. Played Wizardry 7 before, don't like it as much as other Wizardry games.

Dorateen

Arcane
Good to see some intelligent analysis in this forum. Should be a straight forward correlation: folks who appreciate Crusaders of the Dark Savant will enjoy Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.

I thought an interesting observation made previously, after Grimoire's release, was characterizing the game as a cross between Wizardry 7 and early Might & Magic. So far, I have found that to be fairly accurate. Especially in the whimsical atmosphere and exploration aspects. First time I loaded up the Eerie Wastes, that green alien sky put me in the mind of Darkside of Xeen.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
tumblr_ou5qzjwG3C1rxmn3vo1_400.png

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haven't played Wizardry 7, nor am I like to.

I'm obligated to buy and play Grimoire someday because I said I would on Greenlight, but I'm not in a hurry.

Cleve's pitch for a horror game excites me far more.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Enjoyed both of them immensely. I'd even rank Grimoire slightly higher. It kept the same formula while expanding gameplay and adding quality of life improvements.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really think Mr Blakemore miss handled the release on Steam, had the game come out on Greenlight people would have been more forgiving about the bugs and issues (like the saves) that frankly shouldn’t have made it to those initial patches. Between that and the smear campaign of those idiots who took it upon themselves to sabotage the release because of issues with his character and personality
Such a shame, it is a a great game and to see it trashed by so many idiots

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, it's hard to say who is more to blame - the butthurt retards or Cleve's decisions. He thought that Greenlight is beneath him, yet cannot produce any kind of manual months after release. Promising to release a short version of it in the first couple weeks and then just ignoring that promise was another great decision. And I guess he pissed off more people than necessary too - some of the retards certainly deserved it, but in other cases he overreacted. All of this together contributes to the bad reviews.

Gurgaraneth

Novice
You need a how not to power game guide for Grimoire and art is all over the place.
Maybe in 2077 2.0 will fix it..

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
I'll wait until Grimoire is fixed/modded. Played Wizardry 7 before, don't like it as much as other Wizardry games.

how people cannot have developed the self constraint by now to wait until a game is actually in good shape/ until the announced good things are in the game is beyond me.

:salute:

Dorateen

Arcane
Game is in good shape now. It will get better, true, with the announced V2 in development. But the way I look at it, no man can see the events tomorrow brings. What would happen if an asteroid hit the planet or ITZ finally happens, or you die of a stroke? I cannot imagine having passed the opportunity to play Grimoire now that it is available.

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
I have played Wizardry 7 and not going to play Grimoire some day.

Not interested in blobbers, played wiz 7 as a kid and wasn't really for me although for the day it was fine.

Generic-Giant-Spider

All memes aside, Grimoire is an extremely fun game if you're into blobbers especially.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom