Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Elex

Arbiter
I also have to say I'm getting increasingly bothered by the dumbass placement of supermonsters around the world. I've run into 5 mountain trolls in Ignadon, and not a single one of them was guarding anything useful or cool, just some random-ass sulphur bits, which are omnipresent in this section of the map.
ignadon is where th comet struck the worst place in the planet after the ice palace.

i found an ice troll hidden in a really cool place a big area hidden and well made but the loot was meh, while unique weapons are placed in retarded place like on a bedroll or similar.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm in the 'Albino' camp too although I don't speak German so I have no references to draw from there. 'Elf' just doesn't seem right. 'Albigensian' is clever though.

Incantatar

Cipher
Never died to jetpack failure and i died many stupid deaths. Npcs going mad at you is kinda stupid yeah, but i recall Gothic having the very same issue (most prominently Gorn when he helps you assaulting the mines). Companions not doing shit can be solved by not taking a companion ;)
Jump a cliff with jetpack in red, wait and try to activate it.
Gorn in the new mine is a known bug that never got officially fixed. Other NPCs can be hit one or two times in a fight without getting angry though.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I also have to say I'm getting increasingly bothered by the dumbass placement of supermonsters around the world. I've run into 5 mountain trolls in Ignadon, and not a single one of them was guarding anything useful or cool, just some random-ass sulphur bits, which are omnipresent in this section of the map.
Feeling this way late-game too. Would have rather they cut some of the fruitless exploration (15%) in favor of more complex city-hubs & fleshed out lore.

Seems like they made certain crowd-control abilities a little OP because they realized methodical combat would get irritating later on.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah, but effect is so miniscule that I was pure emotional at the endgame after drinking 60+ of them.

I understand Roxor now I think. I think someone's

fallen

in

looooove

I mean, nearly 40 hours and he JUST joined faction. He probably cleared every corner of the map on the level of mapping every mine in Morrowind.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ahahahaha. no quest compass, no elex potions for stats. do you also wait in the houses when it's raining? that's so cute!

Fwiw I mostly avoid the elex potions out of sheer contrariness and curiosity to see how my "natural" stats will look at the end of the game for some comparison purposes. This is mostly Reviewing Instinct (tm) kicking in.

Equalling not using quest compass in a game that doesn't need it to larping, though, that's some heavy shit nigga.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Monsters are not hand-placed, they are chosen randomly from a list.

You can check this by yourself- save the game in a place with no enemies in sight, run around the world, note the enemy placement, reload the game, repeat. Enemies will be different, a mass rat might be replaced with a raptor or even a mountain troll.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

You can check this by yourself- save the game in a place with no enemies in sight, run around the world, note the enemy placement, reload the game, repeat. Enemies will be different, a mass rat might be replaced with a raptor or even a mountain troll.

no shit, i've made this same observation probably like 100 pages ago

raptors won't be replaced by mountain trolls though, they are clearly spawned from lists not a list

Tigranes

Arcane
I just move on if I see stuff I can't handle. Sometimes I never end up coming back to it. Doesn't really bother me.

The troll placement in Edan and Valley are often good, but Ignadon in general is a kind of clusterfuck

Almost zero chance that a mass rat is replaced with a troll. Somebody's going to notice a massive fucking troll sitting on the beginner road to Edan or in the middle of the highway or something. And all Edan trolls have been exactly identical in my two saves.

Tygrende

Arbiter
raptors won't be replaced by mountain trolls though, they are clearly spawned from lists not a list
I tested this 10 times outside Origin. 3 mass rats, 4 raptor pack leaders, 2 biters, 1 mountain troll. Most likely scales with level.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
achtung achtung

let it be officially known that i've just had to manually automate the quest compass for the first time in nearly 40 hours

guess the game was truly made 100% with it in mind
C'mon you could imagine they wanted to hide themselves from hoth, thus they would be in area of hoth, but in complelly shitty inaccessible place in middle of monsters, near road. Considering there are about only 4 places that can fit that description, you could totally find them without map. Also you'd need level 25 anyway for promotion. So why hurry, these monsters are completely pain in the ass for level 18.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it me or is Elex pretty much unplayable without savescumming? There is death around every fucking corner. I like to play good RPGs ironman but I can't imagine the frustration in this game.
PLAY ON FUCKING EASY, AND DON'T EVEN DARE TO CLIMB THAT HILL TO APPROACH THAT CHICKEN UP HILL IN THE STARTING AREA.

On normal you have 30 percent of survival. That chicken somehow typically lucks out and hurt you bad.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey guys I just reached level 17 and I still really love this game but I don't really have anything articulate or eloquent to add right now. I like the PSI powers. I like the cleric gear. I like stealing things. And honestly this is probably the best open-world RPG that's come out since whatever or whenever. This is basically the sort of game I wanted FO3 to be and knew it wouldn't but also didn't really know I wanted because I never really thought about: Jetpacks.

imweasel

I have made different observations. Most enemies appear to be hand placed and only some are randomized. Respawns however are usually randomized, but they have similar levels as the despawns.

Reavers and trolls don't appear to respawn at all, but I have seen the latter spawn out of nowhere near teleporters later in the game.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Finding and killing the "heretics" for Hagen in Hort.

All you get in terms of briefing is "yo bro there's half a dozen heretics somewhere, go kill plz
steamhappy_by_kiwi450da-d9fx6ps.png
"
Yep. So many quests have similar descriptions. I m surprised you lasted 40 hours, i had to start using "quest compass" in Tavar for lawless quests.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Hey guys I just reached level 17 and I still really love this game but I don't really have anything articulate or eloquent to add right now. I like the PSI powers. I like the cleric gear. I like stealing things. And honestly this is probably the best open-world RPG that's come out since whatever or whenever. This is basically the sort of game I wanted FO3 to be and knew it wouldn't but also didn't really know I wanted because I never really thought about: Jetpacks.
you must have missed levitation in morrowind. no biggy. bethesda also forgot it was a thing with all other games they made.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Btw, after I beat the game

I killed all faction leaders because they attacked me. I was thinking of wiping everything out, but it would have been too time consuming.

Tigranes

Arcane
Is it me or is Elex pretty much unplayable without savescumming? There is death around every fucking corner. I like to play good RPGs ironman but I can't imagine the frustration in this game.
PLAY ON FUCKING EASY, AND DON'T EVEN DARE TO CLIMB THAT HILL TO APPROACH THAT CHICKEN UP HILL IN THE STARTING AREA.

On normal you have 30 percent of survival. That chicken somehow typically lucks out and hurt you bad.

The people that bitch and whine about POE cave bear, can you imagine fighting the chicken

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom