Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

GandGolf

Augur
Now that Baxander is back did Cleve ever produce that weight lifting video? I could really use one of those 50 copies of Grimoire.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
I will be pirating this soon to see if it works on Wine and to laugh at the incomplete, rushed state it's in, expecting to see little to no changes since the 2013 superdemo. Does anyone know why Cleve is demanding 37 euros for this turd, as though it was an AAA game?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will be pirating this soon to see if it works on Wine and to laugh at the incomplete, rushed state it's in, expecting to see little to no changes since the 2013 superdemo. Does anyone know why Cleve is demanding 37 euros for this turd, as though it was an AAA game?
Read the Sir-Tech bankruptcy thread.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

Because it's his pet project and he is legitimately unable to see any flaws that it may have except in the face of overwhelming complaint.

Biggus

Scholar
Breaking news: Grimoire player base DOUBLES OVERNIGHT!

oU3JSc6.png
KuM9mcm.png

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

oU3JSc6.png
KuM9mcm.png
Does that actually say anything about the quality of the game? How many people play "old skool blobbers" in the first place? I have no interest whatsoever to play this simply because it is not, and probably never will be, my cup of tea. Doesn't mean it's a shitty game, it's just highly niche. The fact that you hang around to gloat about its supposed financial failure shows what a soulless queer you are and how right he was in everything he said about your creep ass.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

This, by the way, is jcd's new account. A.k.a. the "Grimoire is never coming out and anyone who thinks it really exists is a moron" guy.

Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted

This, by the way, is jcd's new account. A.k.a. the "Grimoire is never coming out and anyone who thinks it really exists is a moron" guy.
Why are you so obsessed? What came out was a barely modded, unfinished superdemo.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What came out was a barely modded, unfinished superdemo.

- Claimed it's never coming out.
- Didn't play it.
- Pretends to know what's in the game.

TL;DR You're full of shit and somebody should award you all the tags you got in the jcd account.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Does that actually say anything about the quality of the game? How many people play "old skool blobbers" in the first place? I have no interest whatsoever to play this simply because it is not, and probably never will be, my cup of tea. Doesn't mean it's a shitty game, it's just highly niche. The fact that you hang around to gloat about its supposed financial failure shows what a soulless queer you are and how right he was in everything he said about your creep ass.

If you have a quality game, you will probably attract people from outside of the niche barring major accessibility problems. However, Grimoire has several design flaws that make it impossible to call it a quality game, despite efforts to attribute its commercial failure to the accessibility problems.

Biggus

Scholar

Ah, the ad hominem attack, the resort of someone who has nothing else to attack. Yup, my fault that the game has 1 player. lol

Actually, it says everything about the quality of the game. How the hell else do you measure the quality of the game apart from the number of people who own it and the the number playing it? What is it with you fanboys, are you so blind that you can't see what everyone else on the planet can? Of course it's a niche game, who said anything to the contrary? We KNOW it is a niche game, we know that it will never sell millions or even 100s of thousands, (or the 360k claim of Calvin), but seriously, a few thousand copies, the vast majority of which are now sitting there unplayed? Supposed failure. lol

Hanging around to gloat? Possibly, but that is on Calvin's head. He is the one who started the name calling, I am just here waiting for his next meltdown, and to see how the fanboys keep trying to defend this piece of junk. Honestly the excuses you guys come up with are astonishing.

Supposed financial failure? Huh? What are you on? By any measure, even with your thick fanboy glasses on, it is a complete and utter financial failure. Even taking the most optimistic Steam sales figures, after expenses, it is running at a loss, and we won't even go into the man hours here. FFS, Cleve's way of thinking seems to rub off on his fans. If that's a supposed failure, I'd hate to see an abject one :)

mondblut

Arcane
It must suck to release Grimoire only for ELEX to steal the spotlights.

Wait till TES6 steals Grimoire spotlight a couple of years later! That will be one legendary spotlight stealing, I'd wager.

(how retarded one must be to expect the auditories of a Wizardry clone and of a Gothic clone - that is, a glorified tombraider-type platformer - to intersect even in 1% of the former?)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
It must suck to release Grimoire only for ELEX to steal the spotlights.

Wait till TES6 steals Grimoire spotlight a couple of years later! That will be one legendary spotlight stealing, I'd wager.

(how retarded one must be to expect the auditories of a Wizardry clone and of a Gothic clone - that is, a glorified tombraider-type platformer - to intersect even in 1% of the former?)

I think it's retarded to not understand what am I getting at. Grimoire is a game by a Codexer for the Codexers. That the Codex decides to focus on ELEX as opposed to Grimoire is, at the very least, funny.
You see, it's not a matter of sales. I'm not saying shit like "it must suck to release Grimoire only for Mario Oddyssey to steal the spotlights", because who gives a shit about that? But Grimoire was hyped for decades, and we are looking at... zero discussion.

Personally I don't care, I would play Grimoire anyway if it wasn't such a buggy, unpolished mess. Once the bugs are completely ironed out and the manual is release, I'm sure I'll eventually get around to play it.

Efe

Erudite
you dont see people discussing -(past hit title here)- all day either.
there is only so much you can talk about a single game

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

Ah, the ad hominem attack, the resort of someone who has nothing else to attack. Yup, my fault that the game has 1 player. lol

Actually, it says everything about the quality of the game. How the hell else do you measure the quality of the game apart from the number of people who own it and the the number playing it? What is it with you fanboys, are you so blind that you can't see what everyone else on the planet can? Of course it's a niche game, who said anything to the contrary? We KNOW it is a niche game, we know that it will never sell millions or even 100s of thousands, (or the 360k claim of Calvin), but seriously, a few thousand copies, the vast majority of which are now sitting there unplayed? Supposed failure. lol

Hanging around to gloat? Possibly, but that is on Calvin's head. He is the one who started the name calling, I am just here waiting for his next meltdown, and to see how the fanboys keep trying to defend this piece of junk. Honestly the excuses you guys come up with are astonishing.

Supposed financial failure? Huh? What are you on? By any measure, even with your thick fanboy glasses on, it is a complete and utter financial failure. Even taking the most optimistic Steam sales figures, after expenses, it is running at a loss, and we won't even go into the man hours here. FFS, Cleve's way of thinking seems to rub off on his fans. If that's a supposed failure, I'd hate to see an abject one :)
Didn't read, drink bleach

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
you dont see people discussing -(past hit title here)- all day either.
there is only so much you can talk about a single game

Kind of funny considering this game promised 600 hours of gameplay.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
If you have a quality game, you will probably attract people from outside of the niche barring major accessibility problems

I'm sure it has customers that don't regularly play blobbers, but it doesn't have mass appeal.

Biggus

Scholar
I'm sure it has customers that don't regularly play blobbers, but it doesn't have mass appeal.

Logic slightly askew. It doesn't have mass appeal because it isn't a good game, period. It COULD be a good game, but won't be as long as Clive is in charge.

A good game is a good game, regardless of its genre. A bad one is a bad one, and Grimbugbrokennomanualwah is a very bad one by any objective (non-fanboy) measure you want to apply. The sooner you face this fact and stop with the name calling, the better off we'll all be.

It has poor sales.
It has next to no-one playing it.
The Steam forum is all but dead.
The Codex forum is dead, apart from inane arguments from fanboys.
It is rated unfavourably on Steam and on review sites in general.

It doesn't have freaking customers period, let alone customers who aren't blobber fans. FFS open your eyes man.

Like someone recently said though, Grimoire is the game that keeps on giving. In Aus, we might call it "a really good Clayton's game". :)

Efe

Erudite
you are judging a game by outside factors.
you played it right?
tell me how it is compared to wiz 7 (which it aims to succeed if i understood corectly)
does it have good dungeons you actually feel like exploring?
do you have meaingful choices and options in character building?
we read this thread, some even forked out that obnoxious price and we know it has problems big and small. hell i would have pirated it if it wasnt developed by a fellow from here. i even asked him if he preferred people playing or not pirating more and he gave one of his nonanswers.

cleve is shit but you dont have to be equally shit too. you could be bigger than this, biggus.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!

Logic slightly askew. It doesn't have mass appeal because it isn't a good game, period. It COULD be a good game, but won't be as long as Clive is in charge.

A good game is a good game, regardless of its genre. A bad one is a bad one, and Grimbugbrokennomanualwah is a very bad one by any objective (non-fanboy) measure you want to apply. The sooner you face this fact and stop with the name calling, the better off we'll all be.

It has poor sales.
It has next to no-one playing it.
The Steam forum is all but dead.
The Codex forum is dead, apart from inane arguments from fanboys.
It is rated unfavourably on Steam and on review sites in general.

It doesn't have freaking customers period, let alone customers who aren't blobber fans. FFS open your eyes man.

Like someone recently said though, Grimoire is the game that keeps on giving. In Aus, we might call it "a really good Clayton's game". :)
Yeah, people would be lining up in droves to play the pony dating sim game with the best mechanics and graphics. Everyone, because it's a good game, not just people that want to fuck cartoon ponies.

You're a braindead hater.

d1nolore

Savant
Most Steam users won't buy it because it has bad/Mixed reviews. Last patch a month ago? He should of released it as early access and used the time to bug fix. People are more forgiving on mixed reviews if its in early access plus Steam sorts those reviews apart once its launched.

As a Steam user I will look at reviews, if they are mostly negative I'll move on and forget the title. If they are some what mixed I'll look at frequency of patches by the dev. If the dev updates regularly I might add it to my watchlist if the game is interesting.

He could turn it around if he manages to get hard at work with regular updates and commentary about upcoming fixes. Whatever the sales are they could be a lot better if the game is fixed up. I'm not a blobber fan but Grimoire is interesting and I've looked into it.. But I won't touch it with a ten foot pole unless its bug fixed to a reasonable degree.

Can the game be played in fullscreen? If the Manual isn't going to be released before Christmas than at least post some information about stats/mechanics for the players?

I don't know why I even bothered to post in a Grimoire thread as this saga is void of sanity. :retarded:

Biggus

Scholar
you are judging a game by outside factors.
you played it right?
tell me how it is compared to wiz 7 (which it aims to succeed if i understood corectly)
does it have good dungeons you actually feel like exploring?
do you have meaingful choices and options in character building?
we read this thread, some even forked out that obnoxious price and we know it has problems big and small. hell i would have pirated it if it wasnt developed by a fellow from here. i even asked him if he preferred people playing or not pirating more and he gave one of his nonanswers.

cleve is shit but you dont have to be equally shit too. you could be bigger than this, biggus.

Well, no, I am judging the game by outside factors, AND my own experience.

Yes, I played it. I bought it, I played it. I was on of the original beta testers too, so I have been playing it (on and off) for a LONG time :)

Compared to Wiz 7. Well, truth be told, it has been so long that I would be lying if I tried to make too many objective comparisions. Wiz 7 was beautiful back in the day. Grimoire is a different graphical style, but it isn't a consistant one, and it is 'messy' compared to the polish of W7. Superficially they are similar, both in style and scope, but under the hood, they are chalk and cheese. The diabolical GUI in Grimoire is enought to turn most people off before they even start.

Dungeons to explore. Yes, the dungeon design and puzzles therein are excellent as far as I went. The execution is a little clumsy, but the design and feel of them is damn good. I don't think too many would argue with that point. However, a dungeon does not a good blobber make. :(

Character building, well, this is one of the many areas that lets Grimoire down. We spend hours rolling new characters, get to get a slightly better roll, just ONE more point that I can invest in a stat to make me a little stronger, or better in some way, and then... turns out the stat does nothing, as many of them do. Character creation is a disaster, the list of things that are or were (or will be) broken is just too long to go into. You have races that don't have things that they should, and races/classes that have things they shouldn't. Stats that either don't work at all, or do so little as to be pointless.

What I still don't get is why I am 'being eqaully shit' because I criticise a game that pretty much everyone else is criticising? Lucky I have a thick skin eh :)

I am one who paid the obnoxious price. I knew what I was in for. If Clive had just kept his mouth shut, I doubt we'd be having this conversation. I would have played it, written it off as unfinished and broken, and moved on. Wouldn't be the first game like this, and definitely won't be the last.

You are right in that I am essentially having a go a Calvin though (and his band of genuflucting fellating followers), because they won't admit the truth. I mean, by all means play the game and like it, hey, I played it and liked it, (FOR A WHILE), but FFS, don't come out and pretend that just because you like it, it is a good game. It isn't a good game, it is an embarrassing mess, a demonstration of how mind numbingly incompetent its 'author' is. That doesn't me a small person, it makes me a realist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom