Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I think the regular plasma shots actually do more damage than the exploding orb (though not by a huge chunk). Testing it on large enemies seems to show that the exploding shot does very minor damage where-as the regular one does more and is more spammable.

That was my impression when using it first against a chimera, but then I did the same against a stoneclaw (one normal shot, take pic, reload, explosive, take pic, compare), and they were the same on a direct hit. Also, being more spammable doesn't do much when the hitboxes for ranged in this game are so tarded that half your normal shots will go right through the target.

Initially I thought I was seeing "more damage" because I was forced to make direct hits as well, but even up close I noticed some differences. I guess a controlled trial is ideal, I'll murder some town folks later :D

I just did a test on a mutated spider. Needed 25 shots of both kinds (all direct hits) to kill it.

Murk

Arcane
I guess then with plasma orb you're more likely to hit ground nearby and have reduced AOE damage to them. Oh well =(

Elex

Arbiter
ojlg92777kvz.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
Yes this is the cringe I'm talking about. Then when you do get Nasty or Caja alone, you act like an idiot who's never been with a woman or knows what sex is by asking stupid questions which forces both women to make the first move on you.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Then when you do get Nasty or Caja alone, you act like an idiot who's never been with a woman or knows what sex is by asking stupid questions which forces both women to make the first move on you.
I mean, Jax was raised as an alb soldier and never felt any emotions until the start of the game. It's safe to assume he really has never been with a woman and knows next to nothing about sex.

Shadenuat

Arcane
When I saw in RK47 's LP that what is a "sick plague rat" in Germano has become a "runt mass rat" (????????????)
...I thought they made fun of Mass Effect series. Mass Rat. Sounds p. cool. Like Stainless Steel Rat.
Then I do play JRPGs and I am used to fuckweird monster names.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I've found it yesterday.

Has anyone found a hint at dwarves? A joke or a slip for the further games? Discuss.

Tigranes

Arcane
Black hole is honestly a win button almost every situation, at least enemies have slightly different 'get up' times so you have to learn it

Really Clerics should be eating up albs by having staggered lines of black holers followed by servants carrying boxes of mental energy reserves

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
still laughing at "alb"
They didn't translate that?
:what:

What they probably mean with alb is this thing here (Mare = Nachtalb).
Then again I don't see the connection so maybe they used the old Germanic word for elf which is also Alb, so they might be snow elves?
Whatever, doesn't make a lot of sense in German either.

One thing I really dislike in the German version are the follower commands. I always cringe when he barks "Mitkommen" like a drill sergeant. The unfriendly tone in general is grating on my nerves. I get that they want to depict a harsh environment full of rough and tough guys but this is simply trying too hard and failing.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
So regarding Ulbricht's commander quest

is it possible to keep him alive? My cold is always too high to select the "we can't afford to lose you" response at the top, my guess is that keeps him alive?

unrelated but point blank 'spread shot' from the flame thrower is lulsworthy

Beastro

Arcane
still laughing at "alb"
They didn't translate that?
:what:

What they probably mean with alb is this thing here (Mare = Nachtalb).
Then again I don't see the connection so maybe they used the old Germanic word for elf which is also Alb, so they might be snow elves?
Whatever, doesn't make a lot of sense in German either.

One thing I really dislike in the German version are the follower commands. I always cringe when he barks "Mitkommen" like a drill sergeant. The unfriendly tone in general is grating on my nerves. I get that they want to depict a harsh environment full of rough and tough guys but this is simply trying too hard and failing.

I like to see it as "Abs" and picture them as overcompensating muscle heads on the hunt for Sci-Fi steroids.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Who thought giving Clerics not-magic was a good idea? Actual magic is useless compared to PSI.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Hehe. Starting to feel like this is could be a spiritual continuation of Gothic.
Just met Xardas...ugh I mean, "Zardom", old reclusive mentor of "the First Elexetor", now estranged due to the Sleeper...I mean "The Hybrid's" gradual control over his comrade...where are they going with this...

Last edited:

Trias_Betrayed

Scholar
So regarding Ulbricht's commander quest

is it possible to keep him alive? My cold is always too high to select the "we can't afford to lose you" response at the top, my guess is that keeps him alive?

unrelated but point blank 'spread shot' from the flame thrower is lulsworthy

Yes, if you go with the first option he will advance with you and you can protect him otherwise he'll die the second you show up where he is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom