Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!!!!

Happy Halloween for all who have to but up with it!@ Gosh how much you have to spend on candy in boxes made of cardboard is crazy! blackout house for everyone right?

omg.

I sooo hate big heads and pic bumpkins why is this a thing? WHY?! Sooo dumb big eads and now pumpkins heads. IUs everyone named Peter? Concentrate. Concentrate ton what matters and big heads do not matter I hated it in Pillars it is sooo dumb in Deadfire starte to get serious already! It is not cool anymore it was never cool and should not be in Deadfire okay? OKAY~! tu. pass it along.

Out of allt he rbgers ereh who can honestly say they played Pillars all thwe ay through with big heads? huih? NO ONE! It is such a waste of zots unnelivable that an AAAA company does this garbage for what right? Pumpkins plls and regulra peple are a way suite! Get with gaming already and stop with the crap okay? #@Anothy Davis tu fro listening.

Happy Hallo ween.

THanks,
Sheery

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I would actually like some actual updates about actual content.

You might be asking for a little much from random twitter and/or instagram posts. :)

Maybe a full backer update will have something, but it's possible we'll have the beta in our hands soon too and will be able to see for ourselves.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Hi!!!!

Happy Halloween for all who have to but up with it!@ Gosh how much you have to spend on candy in boxes made of cardboard is crazy! blackout house for everyone right?

omg.

I sooo hate big heads and pic bumpkins why is this a thing? WHY?! Sooo dumb big eads and now pumpkins heads. IUs everyone named Peter? Concentrate. Concentrate ton what matters and big heads do not matter I hated it in Pillars it is sooo dumb in Deadfire starte to get serious already! It is not cool anymore it was never cool and should not be in Deadfire okay? OKAY~! tu. pass it along.

Out of allt he rbgers ereh who can honestly say they played Pillars all thwe ay through with big heads? huih? NO ONE! It is such a waste of zots unnelivable that an AAAA company does this garbage for what right? Pumpkins plls and regulra peple are a way suite! Get with gaming already and stop with the crap okay? #@Anothy Davis tu fro listening.

Happy Hallo ween.

THanks,
Sheery

You're drunk again Randal/Sherry.

Quillon

Arcane
Feel the same about big/pumpkin heads but I guess these gimmicky features aren't taking notable resources from development so, whatever.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
You're drunk again Randal/Sherry.

whatevs.

Enjoy your fucking head.

Thanks,
Sherry
Thanks for spelling your name right this time. ;)

(For what it's worth, I think big head/pumpkin head modes are dumb too. But I also highly doubt they're going to be the ruin of the game or prevent something else from being implemented (especially when bighead is a holdover from POE1))

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi!!!!

omg.

Happy Hallo ween.

THanks,
Sheery
Lay off the Sherry, Sherry.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sherry is always drunk on the holidays. Anyway, when is the next update, it's gotten eerily silent?

Quillon

Arcane
There should be updates about ships, crew system and ship dueling that Sawyer drools over now & then, also they could show off AI customization UI, maybe even relationtrain UI, maybe some faction overview vids tho those could be better close to launch...but next update will be irrelevant tidbits + beta date announcement I predict.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Sherry is always drunk on the holidays. Anyway, when is the next update, it's gotten eerily silent?

So far it's been 2 weeks to a month between each update. Since we didn't get one yesterday, (maybe Sherry wasn't the only one indulging in holiday drinks), I'm assuming next Tuesday.

And yeah, as with Quillon, I assume it will be relatively short (maybe another 'from the feed of the director' where we just see rehashes of Josh's twitter feed), followed by the beta announcement.

Hopefully, we'll get a longer, in depth mechanics dive from JES at some point before the holidays, but I assume those take a lot more effort to film. If they'd move away from video to a good post, it might help.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Can I turn Eder into a full-blown "genocide the orlans" type? That would probably blow up in my face because I'll be playing an orlan, but who cares! Freedom! I'll convince him that I'm the only orlan worth keeping around, like Ed Gein's mother convinced him she's the only not-sinful woman in the world!

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am more curious if the player can take the opposite route with Eder (i.e., encourage his loyalty to humanity and not psychic cat dwarves) and how Obsidian would portray that decision.

Edit: More important question, if we encourage Eder, will he get bonus damage against orlan enemies?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they don't let him make whatever turn-based game he wants, maybe this will lead to a turn-based Pillars of Eternity.
mystery.png

Sannom

Augur
Can I turn Eder into a full-blown "genocide the orlans" type? That would probably blow up in my face because I'll be playing an orlan, but who cares! Freedom! I'll convince him that I'm the only orlan worth keeping around, like Ed Gein's mother convinced him she's the only not-sinful woman in the world!
I'm pretty sure Ed Gein was worked on from a very young age. Also, he only killed one person.

And notice how Josh mostly talks about the relationships between companions rather than between a companion and the player?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Josh flat out says you can berate Eder for being racist, so it's not only companion-companion relationships. I'm just wondering if you are given the opportunity to not roleplay an SJW constantly or is that too much to ask in #CURRENTYEAR.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
Once the beta lands we’ll have first-hand commentary on the mechanics too.

True enough, but I still like a good dev blog giving their rationale and thought process so we can compare where they were trying to go and where they actually ended up. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom