Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Grimlorn

Arcane
So, something I noticed while exploring The Valley of the Damned fully for the first time after Ragnar sent me there to find Gunner prior to becoming a Warrior with the Berserkers. Just wanted to ask about it.

The little village of Exiles that is slaughtered when I arrived. Were they alive at one point earlier in the game time and could you talk to them/do quests for them? Also noticed the banished Drog's corpse amongst the pile of bodies :hero:

If so, that would be excellent. Also, The Valley of the Damned is one of the most beautiful locations in this game.
No he was alive when I found him because one of the quests wouldn't close "Laws of the Berserkers" and had a quest marker for him so I went to him and he asked for elexit to keep quiet about Jax being an Alb and so he could get a new start as an Outlaw so I gave it to him and he shows up at Chloe's bar. He hates your guts and the quest still didn't close. I thin maybe I have to kill him for being an exile or something to close that quest. Could be bugged.

Jinn

Arcane
I really wish I would have had a chance to talk to him and see how far he had fallen with my own eyes.

Grimlorn

Arcane
All Elex to the Hybrid!

So about the ending

Space lizardman are coming for the next game?

Reapers. Mass Effect and ELEX is in the same universe :)

Don't forget the aliens from Command&Conquer
Yeah I don't know how they'll do a sequel.
It seems the planet will be terraformed no matter what to be something that is more hospitable for the aliens, but how will you make a game of the invasion? If the world is terrafomed there likely won't be any pre-collapse stuff left to explore because everything will be destroyed during the terraforming process right? So what will you do in the game besides kill alien invaders?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, something I noticed while exploring The Valley of the Damned fully for the first time after Ragnar sent me there to find Gunner prior to becoming a Warrior with the Berserkers. Just wanted to ask about it.

The little village of Exiles that is slaughtered when I arrived. Were they alive at one point earlier in the game time and could you talk to them/do quests for them? Also noticed the banished Drog's corpse amongst the pile of bodies :hero:

If so, that would be excellent. Also, The Valley of the Damned is one of the most beautiful locations in this game.
You could talk to them there. I killed a certain someone there. You found his corpse.

Jinn

Arcane
You could talk to them there. I killed a certain someone there. You found his corpse.

Thank you. I am sorry I missed the opportunity to converse with those folks, but am really glad this is in the game.

Murk

Arcane
i drink elex like an addict,but i dont hear any voices.
some dudes in a forum wrote that they hear a little gitl humming but i only hear some creppy music.

That happens, yeah, you'll hear it either as you play -- I typically hear it near Alb territory. I think it's supposed to be the effects of Elex on your character. Not sure what triggers it tho.

toro you read the "Fred was here" notes around the game? I think it's titled 'Ominous note'.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
All Elex to the Hybrid!

So about the ending

You mean ELEX is Tiberium in some weird form? Actually forgot that was part of the plot of C&C... freaking aliens man.

Something like it at least, Tiberium was sent to earth to prepare the planet for the aliens. The intention is the same with ELEX, I think it's mentioned during Cajas quest.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I went from super cold to purely emotional in one go, but I have no idea what triggered it. I'm now down to mellow. All I want is to be as cold as Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
All Elex to the Hybrid!

So about the ending

Yeah I don't know how they'll do a sequel.
It seems the planet will be terraformed no matter what to be something that is more hospitable for the aliens, but how will you make a game of the invasion? If the world is terrafomed there likely won't be any pre-collapse stuff left to explore because everything will be destroyed during the terraforming process right? So what will you do in the game besides kill alien invaders?

Wouldn't it be more entertaining to escape/flee to an alien world, Alpha Centauri style?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
i drink elex like an addict,but i dont hear any voices.
some dudes in a forum wrote that they hear a little gitl humming but i only hear some creppy music.

That happens, yeah, you'll hear it either as you play -- I typically hear it near Alb territory. I think it's supposed to be the effects of Elex on your character. Not sure what triggers it tho.

toro you read the "Fred was here" notes around the game? I think it's titled 'Ominous note'.

Yeah. I found the Easter-egg ;)

jungl

Augur
I never played outlaws only berserker. All late game game faction stuff is op. I have 3 ranks in magic for berserkers and the fireball does same amount of damage as logans shotgun but with damage over time.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
There is a mod on Nexus that disables shadows and that awful lens flare. Now whenever I enter a house I don't have to wait for the light to adjust anymore.Plus you can delete the cinematic intro files. See movie folder or something like that.

Which mod is it that gets rid of the waiting for the light to adjust when entering a house? I don't want to get rid of shadows but I don't see anything that fits that description.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

Can't believe this tiny studio has been using the same engine since Gothic 3 - yet AAABethesda still can't live without a load screen every 5 minutes
rating_lulz.gif

Elex

Arbiter

there is also a unique sword that is supposed to do that.

There is a mod on Nexus that disables shadows and that awful lens flare. Now whenever I enter a house I don't have to wait for the light to adjust anymore.Plus you can delete the cinematic intro files. See movie folder or something like that.

Which mod is it that gets rid of the waiting for the light to adjust when entering a house? I don't want to get rid of shadows but I don't see anything that fits that description.
https://www.nexusmods.com/elex/mods/9/?
it just messes up with the config, you can have a look but don't forget to back it up first. It did wonders for my potato :)

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I actually did a diff on the config files he uses and mine. He turns everything to *really* low or off (I'm on max for almost everything). Could take awhile with trial and error to figure out which one does it but I suspect that I'll lose a lot more than just the eye-blasting transition effects. Oh well. Maybe muck around with it later.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ev9ZF0.jpg

XZCdTq.jpg

Why fly when you can walk?

Truly, the powers of ELEX are stupendous.

Also, not pictured: the watchman's bro on the rooftop twitching uncontrollably :lol:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Sooooo i just

fucked up Abessa.

This is a bummer:shittydog: Though i kinda had it comming going full egomaniac route where i support the side that gives me the most elex.

Choice and Consequence is really nicely done in this game. Doesnt pull any punches.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom