Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mobile rpgs

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
^ Aside from the bad translation, this looks promising.

I've been playing Vay and I've got to say, holy shit the interface sucks. The dev relied upon the native ios interface. The result is an abomination.

JgEyCVp.png

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd only play a PC port. FPS's on mobile are unplayable, 100% of the time. Also that Vay port is infamously bad in terms of interface.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane

In my opinion it's worse than the 1st. The 3D doesn't add much, but brings unnecessary camera movement / zoom. The UI is pretty bad (and ugly), you have to tap many, many times to see what your people have equipped. The bigger rooms are a double-edged sword, they don't really change the combat most of time and bottle necks are often annoying since they are more of a hindrance than a tactical asset.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Damn, I wasn't aware that King of Dragons Pass was on Mobile (for iOS). Might be time for some MASSIVE incline...

PrettyDeadman

I've downloaded today 7 Mages of android.
It works! Not sure if its a good or a bad game, should probably play it on pc.
At least its free.
Still no convinced mobile gaming aren't shit.
Steppy Pants is pretty cool though.

PrettyDeadman

Can you recomend some good rpgs for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x or Google Nexus 6?

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any free mobile games that aren't shit and don't make you grind for incessant periods of time instead of coughing up money?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I have a few like that. I bought Squids on my iphone which was a really good game. Now I switched to Android and it seems the game is free with stuff you can buy in game, but I haven't needed to buy anything yet and I've been playing it for a while. I also have "Spades Free" which is completely free. It is supported by a little ad at the bottom of the screen.

But mostly I buy stuff because it is all so cheap. The issue for me is that most games are dumb.

Are there any free mobile games that aren't shit and don't make you grind for incessant periods of time instead of coughing up money?
dude try Exiled Kindoms. It will release the mage in the near future and already the game is great, build from the ground up with mobile interface in mind.
You can also play Darkstone.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm gonna second Exiled Kingdoms because it really is a great game. The Darkstone port is crap though, don't bother.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Very few. It's better to just buy instead since with F2P games there's too much shit to sort.

d1nolore

Savant
Anyone tried BG/IWD/etc on tablet? How bad is it? Is it worth trying?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom