Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GD Politics Subforum Requires Fair and Balanced Moderation

mondblut

Arcane
How come I've been on this board for 12 fucking years, and yet there are mods I haven't even heard of?

Isn't that a good thing? If you have heard about a mod, it's likely because he's doing a shit job and pissing people off.

What I mean is that mods are supposed to come from among the respected members of the community in good standing, not some admin's drinking buddies who likely never bothered to visit General RPG and couldn't create a functional Wizardry party if their life depended on it.

(no, I do not volunteer :lol:)

Lambach

Arcane
What I mean is that mods are supposed to come from among the respected members of the community in good standing, not some admin's drinking buddies who likely never bothered to visit General RPG and couldn't create a functional Wizardry party if their life depended on it.

I can see it. That way we'll have similar stories to those like "male feminist ally turns out to be a rapist" or "ultra-conservative Pastor caught with 2 male prostitutes". "Respected Codex moderator who knows Wizardry 7 by heart was spotted saying great things about Fallout 4 on the NMA forums".

Murk

Arcane
Lord Azlan had built up some goodwill in his Planescape: Torment LP, but he definitely does need to calm the fuck down with his copy+paste spree of multiple posts in a row. At some point reading 3 screen's worth of copy-pasted "I hate trump" gets very tiring. It's full on spam and ridiculous -- at the least, merge his shit into one post and spoiler it.

Or better yet, he could do it himself, unless his goal is to just annoy people -- including people like me, who are not part of the Trump Troopers(c).

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Who?

How come I've been on this board for 12 fucking years, and yet there are mods I haven't even heard of? Where is fucking transparency?

We need democratic voting.
No idea who he is either, wich means he must be a great moderator .Now how people are picked ? drinking buddies, Obsidian loyalists too more likely , friends of the junta...

Its just the same guy re-branding, like when Blackwater changed it's name to Xe, then Academi or WorldCom changing its name to MCI.

Last edited:

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How about making both Blaine and Lord Azlan/oneself moderators? That would be hilarious.

Better yet, let's all chip in and get Azlan a plane ticket to Virginia so he and Blaine can duke it out like men.

Once the American cops see my codex postings they likely send me to Mexico or even worse, Canada.

Maybe Blaine could come over to London and I can take him to the Palace where he could see how a proper ruler does her business.

Her Majesty has only been around about 100 years without a sniff off impropriety and her children served in the army.

Although I think Dotard has been banned from the UK, at least for 2017.
Lol you are not even merican and whine about Trump!? What the fuck do you care about other country's leaders?!

Also the two of you should take a ticket to Rome and fight in the Colosseum,like a good old Christians. I will be betting on Blaine,sjw are useless cucks after all.
PS: Just don't have any mods and watch the shit fly!

Look.

1. If you respond to my posting Blaine will see my original post, which he ignored, but can now see, since you quoted it and hence your post will set him off.

2. If I reply to your post, in this thread, Blaine will complain I am spamming this thread, even though he has posted more times in here than I have.

3. If 'Merican' didn't go around the globe causing mayhem and havoc, no one would give a crap about their leaders. But since 'Highly Intelligent' Moron wants more nukes and wants to unleash Fire and Ice, every citizen of the world is concerned unless they want to live in a nuclear winter.

4. Don't respond to this post unless you want to set Blaine off again.

I think I may have a problem.

Don't think it will work though, Blaine won't bite if he sees it coming

Bocian

Arcane
No idea who he is either, wich means he must be a great moderator .Now how people are picked ? drinking buddies, Obsidian loyalists too more likely , friends of the junta...

He was probably picked to meet diversity quotas, to have at least one leftist fucktard as a mod in this nazi far-right hellhole.

Western

Arcane

He was probably picked to meet diversity quotas, to have at least one leftist fucktard as a mod in this nazi far-right hellhole.

Pretty sure progressives would still consider him a Nazi, since he finds much of progressive politics cringe worthy, so he's not ideologically pure enough and hence a Nazi.

Grimlorn

Arcane
How come I've been on this board for 12 fucking years, and yet there are mods I haven't even heard of?

Isn't that a good thing? If you have heard about a mod, it's likely because he's doing a shit job and pissing people off.

(no, I do not volunteer :lol:)
He's idonthavetimeforthiscrap and Fedorabot.

What are you talking about? All the mods are leftists except for maybe one or two. This is a far-right hellhole? Are you fucking insane?

It's funny how everyone is talking about balance and how a conservative mod in politics would throw it off, but you could make the same stupid argument when it comes to the mod team if you wanted to. Better have half the mods be conservative to keep things balanced and diverse.

The mod in question doesn't need to be liberal or conservative you fucking idiots, he just needs to be competent and just.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Haiku from my own experience moderating forums:

view user reports
contemplate doing something
chuckle and close tab

hidden mod section
new mod makes a suggestion
mark as read, unseen

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Well WhiskeyWolf a good deal of inclines and other brofist-type reactions to my post about a group of people wanting to ban the quran I think it's safe to say that rightwingers seem censorship happy as well

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There will come a day, bound to happen, where a SJW will finally have access to GD and start doxxing the kind of scum that dwells in this place. It will be absolutely hilarious to see that trainwreck happens. Neogaf/10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom