Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Level 13, finally chose a faction last night. Is it just me or was joining the clerics easier than the others?

Well I talked to one of the cleric suggestors in Abessa and he was all "you resisted my powers of suggestion" and took me to Hort but the guard still won't let me in. Is this a bug? I got the trading permit so it is not a big deal but I was curious if things go differently if you go in the "legit" way.

Elex

Arbiter
Well I talked to one of the cleric suggestors in Abessa and he was all "you resisted my powers of suggestion" and took me to Hort but the guard still won't let me in. Is this a bug? I got the trading permit so it is not a big deal but I was curious if things go differently if you go in the "legit" way.
the entrance guard let me in in exchange of a favor. clerics allowed me to join after 2 quest.

it's a good deal because the guard is a member of the claws guild of thieves

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
whats with the trences and the tanks in front of hort?at first i thought they were remnants of the alb war but they are low tech to be used by the albs.maybe the old war military was trying to contain the aftermath of the comet hit?

Elex

Arbiter
whats with the trences and the tanks in front of hort?at first i thought they were remnants of the alb war but they are low tech to be used by the albs.maybe the old war military was trying to contain the aftermath of the comet hit?
not sure, in tavar there is some civilian vs military, because the civilian assault certain plaice in search of a safe place, i don't want to spoil so
think like a sorta of vault fallout style

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
For those native english speakers who have elex on steam and want to play with german VO but english subs / english menus and text, here's how to do it:
Not all spoken dialogue measures up in context though, sometimes it is very verbose in eng and spoken concisely in ger (vice versa) - so it skips before you're done reading the subs.

Gothic worked better, as it was word-for-word 100% of the time.

agris

Arcane
Patron
For those native english speakers who have elex on steam and want to play with german VO but english subs / english menus and text, here's how to do it:
Not all spoken dialogue measures up in context though, sometimes it is very verbose in eng and spoken concisely in ger (vice versa) - so it skips before you're done reading the subs.

Gothic worked better, as it was word-for-word 100% of the time.
Yeah, it's a shame. I ran into that and had to switch back to English.

Elex

Arbiter
at least you don't have translation that tell the exact opposite of the english voice over.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
When I saw in RK47 's LP that what is a "sick plague rat" in Germano has become a "runt mass rat" (????????????) in Inglese, I became very glad for playing in Germano.

It also made me start wondering whether the whiners' talk of quest compass being 100% necessary isn't a result of b0rked translation. Particularly given the "cyclops in the southwest" screen posted on one of the previous pages.

There is a mod on Nexus that disables shadows and that awful lens flare. Now whenever I enter a house I don't have to wait for the light to adjust anymore.Plus you can delete the cinematic intro files. See movie folder or something like that.

Xeon

Augur
I installed Witcher 3 to try and refresh my memory of its combat and yeah I kinda understand why people say ELEX has better combat. Witcher 3 you have an auto aim or something where as long as you press parry or attack and Geralt does the rest. Still like everything else about it other than the auto aim thing.

Tho ELEX still needs some improvement to its gameplay, right now its clunky or janky or whatever else that fits better.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The guard at The Hort is an asshole (it seems to be a going theme for guards, but the one at the Hort takes the cake). The worst thing is that you can't even kill him, even when it makes perfect sense. There's a quest where he acts completely illogically and against the orders of his superiors and you can't do shit about it, not even tell said superiors.

Jinn

Arcane
So, something I noticed while exploring The Valley of the Damned fully for the first time after Ragnar sent me there to find Gunner prior to becoming a Warrior with the Berserkers. Just wanted to ask about it.

The little village of Exiles that is slaughtered when I arrived. Were they alive at one point earlier in the game time and could you talk to them/do quests for them? Also noticed the banished Drog's corpse amongst the pile of bodies :hero:

If so, that would be excellent. Also, The Valley of the Damned is one of the most beautiful locations in this game.

Tigranes

Arcane
So, something I noticed while exploring The Valley of the Damned fully for the first time after Ragnar sent me there to find Gunner prior to becoming a Warrior with the Berserkers. Just wanted to ask about it.

The little village of Exiles that is slaughtered when I arrived. Were they alive at one point earlier in the game time and could you talk to them/do quests for them? Also noticed the banished Drog's corpse amongst the pile of bodies :hero:

If so, that would be excellent. Also, The Valley of the Damned is one of the most beautiful locations in this game.

Do you mean the little island?

That's an Important Island (TM) because when you talk to your daddy he sends you there to find out ABOUT UR PAST, also another link is if you find the Exile's Journal in Goliet then the owner is there & it's related to the thieves guild.

Or do you mean somewhere inside the valley proper

Jinn

Arcane
Or do you mean somewhere inside the valley proper

Yeah, in the valley proper.

In the little ruin village on the hill. Maybe it was just an entirely hostile settlement.

I discovered that little island earlier in the game, which I found to be awesome and led to

my collusion in the framing and banishment of Drog

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
All Elex to the Hybrid!

So about the ending

Space lizardman are coming for the next game?

First ELEX2 gameplay footage:

PS: I miss Fred :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom