Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GD Politics Subforum Requires Fair and Balanced Moderation

It's always hilarious how forum users (not just here, anywhere on the net) think they can internet-lawyer their way against the moderators, via the site's "rules" in order to get a fair outcome. It's even more hiliarious when they try to complain to the admins, as though they're some appeal court style institution.

Every website is its own fascist despot-land, and its moderators are the websites machete-murderaping enforcers. If there was an internet constitution, that would be the internet's first amendment right.

Just think of it as "a man's home is his castle", but with machetes.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's always hilarious how forum users (not just here, anywhere on the net) think they can internet-lawyer their way against the moderators, via the site's "rules" in order to get a fair outcome. It's even more hiliarious when they try to complain to the admins, as though they're some appeal court style institution.

Every website is its own fascist despot-land, and its moderators are the websites machete-murderaping enforcers. If there was an internet constitution, that would be the internet's first amendment right.

This level of stating the obvious is hardly necessary. Anyone who hadn't figured that out by 2005 at the very latest is terminally stupid. The only other alternative is that they're painfully new to the Internet. I've been on both sides of that scenario more than once; been there, done that, and I have a small collection of t-shirts to prove it.

Sardonic thread title notwithstanding, I have no genuine expectation of either "fairness" or results. "Fair and balanced" is a joke term that no one sane uses unironically. However, even in the context of a tinpot dictatorship staffed by chronically lazy procrastinators who are very set in their habits, if enough shit is thrown, occasionally something will stick to the wall. I try to be very selective about the shit that I choose to throw and pick my battles, but even so, I'm well aware that futility is the word of the day.

I was thrown off the staff of a forum that I founded for being too lazy to do anything a year or so after I relinquished ownership, for God's sake. The irony is killing me here. :lol:

b2efe6de4d.png

Latro

Arcane
Yeah what's funny about Scruffy aka idonthavetimeforthiscrap is he's an idiot. He's a liberal atheistard who can't debate religious people or conservatives without looking like a retard. He then tries "trolling" them by screwing with religious threads or renaming the Trump thread. When DU trolls, he does it rarely and randomly and it's generally funny. He doesn't screw with ideological opponents who kicked his ass in a debate/argument like Scruffy does. Scruffy just reveals how butthurt he is every time he does that. It's pathetic.
i'm sure you can provide numerous examples of me "trolling ideological opponents" (lol). Care to do that?
2 + 2 = 4 you retard

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
We were all cheering Trump 100x harder during the election than afterward. But during the election the lefties thought they could win. They would bring in the latest poll numbers and gloat. Now they can't. And the more intelligent ones realize that more gloating over nothingburgers like "muh russia" will only lead to more humiliation.

The main reason I disengaged is that most of the posters in the Trump thread will dismiss all information that is critical of Trump as "fake news" with no further analysis or justification. Once one side no longer accepts any standard means of verifying reality, any further conversation is pointless as no evidence can be offered to support any given position. I could cite some piece of evidence that has been verified by multiple, credible, news agencies and it won't matter. You all will say it's fake because onetime CNN had to retract a story which has nothing at all to do with the story I'm talking about. So what's the point? That sort of mindset punishes labor intensive argument and rewards low effort shitposting, so you shouldn't be surprised when the only liberals who post in the thread are low effort shitposters.

Repressed Homosexual

The rule of thumb is this: if someone has a contented and fulfilling life, do you think he would partake on an Internet forum?

The only reason people go on forum is to spew awfulness. It is born out of frustration.

The only reason people start/own/manage a forum is basically for the same reason, except there is an element of power.

As such you should expect the worst out of people, every single time.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We were all cheering Trump 100x harder during the election than afterward. But during the election the lefties thought they could win. They would bring in the latest poll numbers and gloat. Now they can't. And the more intelligent ones realize that more gloating over nothingburgers like "muh russia" will only lead to more humiliation.

The main reason I disengaged is that most of the posters in the Trump thread will dismiss all information that is critical of Trump as "fake news" with no further analysis or justification. Once one side no longer accepts any standard means of verifying reality, any further conversation is pointless as no evidence can be offered to support any given position. I could cite some piece of evidence that has been verified by multiple, credible, news agencies and it won't matter. You all will say it's fake because onetime CNN had to retract a story which has nothing at all to do with the story I'm talking about. So what's the point? That sort of mindset punishes labor intensive argument and rewards low effort shitposting, so you shouldn't be surprised when the only liberals who post in the thread are low effort shitposters.

From memory, what is one of the most credible articles criticising Trump, that you believe was unfairly dismissed?

I don't believe I dismissed criticism I felt to be legitimate, such as Trump University, and some questionable charitable activity. I simply considered it petty crime compared to many politicians.

I have however been dismissive of predictable opinion pieces, or articles citing anonymous sources.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I am announcing my candidacy for moderator for Politics.

My first act as moderator will be to rename Politics > NO LIBERALS ALLOWED, ALT-RIGHT ONLY
I will then rename the Trump thread God Emperor Trump.
There will be new terms of service when clicking on the God Emperor Trump subsection.
You will be required to sign an oath of undying loyalty and fealty to God Emperor Trump before you will be allowed to enter there.
Those that break their oath to the God Emperor will be hunted down and executed.

This will reinforce the notion in the minds of liberal losers that Politics is an echo chamber where everyone is afraid of liberals.

I will then begin to rename liberal posters funny names.

Lord Azlan with be ShareBlue
Scruffy will be Christian
Snorkack will be Snorcuck
JuanCarlo will be WrongCarlo
etc.

Let's Make the Codex Great Again

Grimlorn

Arcane

No you post articles with anonymous sources and people dismiss them due to the fact that the media has been caught lying to the public numerous times and because they're anonymous and could be anyone working against Trump. People have posted several times how there are still employees there that worked under Obama. There is also the fact that conservatives who are upset about losing the election to Trump in the primaries are working against him. A study was done that showed 60% of Americans have little to no trust in the media. This was before the election when the media revealed how biased they were and came out publicly in support of Clinton.

So when you cite some article that has one or two anonymous sources, people are going to be skeptical it's true. You've also been singing that same song for the past 6 months to a year about Trump supporters being a cult who deny reality, and it's obvious you're just projecting your own cult like beliefs in the left onto them, because you're willing to believe any news article that comes out with hearsay that reinforces your beliefs just like many other conservatives and liberals. Remember Chinagate? Actual evidence of China interfering with our sacred election process by donating large sums to Democratic candidates in the 1996 election? Remember a year straight of nonstop coverage from the media about this story and how the President should be impeached? I don't.

Don't worry though Manafort has just been arrested for an alleged crime he committed years ago while working John Podesta (Hillary's campaign manager). Tony Podesta recently stepped down from the Podesta group but I'm sure it's nothing. Trump will be impeached any day now.

P.S. Those moderator lists under each forum's title are out-of-date bullshit.

No shit. The listing for Scruffikins has him listed two entire username iterations ago.

Oh ffs.

Tell me what thread Lord Azlan is spamming in and I'll ban him from it.

Now wait a minute, I don't want to be responsible for causing someone's suicide. That's all he has to look forward to in his life.

Where else? He's been at it for months.

3a46fa8060.png

zHwsir1.png

quit being such a Crispy Blaine, you have your very own automatized janitorial service ffs

tho I guess it could be funny if DU made everyone with a Trump-icon moderator of the Trump forum.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
quit being such a Crispy Blaine, you have your very own automatized janitorial service ffs

tho I guess it could be funny if DU made everyone with a Trump-icon moderator of the Trump forum.

Like I said, a lot of people have put him on their ignore lists because of his flooding, and I'm no exception. After a certain point, scrolling past mountains of combo'd full-sized images, max-sized all-caps fonts, and entire copy-pasted article bodies until your mouse wheel starts to smoke and you have to keep an oilcan on your computer desk to lubricate it regularly does get tiresome.

I shouldn't need to ignore someone because they're flooding or spamming, though. Those two things are malicious forum behavior 101 and should be corrected at the source. The ignore list is there for ignoring people you disagree with on the Internet, a necessary evil because some people just can't stand to read opinions they disagree with.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter

After a certain point, scrolling past mountains of combo'd full-sized images.

Didn't take me long, about five seconds. Basically the first thread I saw he created and on page one.

How does one make a complaint around here? This guy broke my mouse.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/page-3#post-3119429

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/page-2#post-3118133

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/page-5#post-3122608

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/page-11#post-3126648

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/just-feminist-things.89957/page-11#post-3126709

Somehow this guy managed to spam that thread, break my mouse but gain hundreds of brofists.

And here when markec was in the middle of his "flooding", third of four posts in a row, Blaine, rather than point this fact out, adds a nice smiley funny rating to it.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ump-discuss-111.101527/page-3078#post-5355654

Like so many liberals, Blaine likes to shut down any views he disagrees with.

Rather than hide behind some obscure forum rules that only exist in his mind or he himself has broken and rewarded, maybe he should go back to Share Blue.

On a serious note I would propose two things to consider:

1. What constitutes 'acceptable behaviour' on this forum can be learned by new members. I was a new member once and surprised by the sort of things posted. I think in every other forum, work place, environment where people get together, those posters would be banned. Here, they are mostly allowed to post which says something about tolerance, freedom and lack of censorship.

2. It is the people tagging posts as shit (see above) who are the real shit posters on this forum.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only thing where trolls should be kept out is gaming related forums. Politics and GD always was and still is shit that doesn't need moderation aside from seriously going against the rules or illegal stuff. It IS an rpg website still and GD is just a shitty gimmick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also implying that I am SJW is just lulzy and proves my point sorry ^^

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Politics and GD always was and still is shit that doesn't need moderation aside from seriously going against the rules or illegal stuff. It IS an rpg website still and GD is just a shitty gimmick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is not very friendly.

It's what has been the general tone on the codex for years. "GD who cares". :P

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
The only thing where trolls should be kept out is gaming related forums.

Spamming and flooding aren't "trolling." It's almost as though you don't know anything about Internet forums. Did you get on staff through an affirmative action program, or what?

Oh yeah, right.
5.jpg

Also implying that I am SJW is just lulzy and proves my point sorry ^^

>implies everyone in GD is alt-right
>posts this
>meow face when

e7320d540e.jpg

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Thanks to you all Lord Azlan and I will be getting our cyber campaign milestone bonus in sorodollers for a job well done, specifically got snowflakes to complain to the guards about the lack of a safespace.

So I thank you. I will be investing this wisely in soroIndexFund

Hey, I feel so guilty. I never meant to make Blaine cry.

Been spending hours looking for a safe space for Blaine, I think I found something:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom