Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GD Politics Subforum Requires Fair and Balanced Moderation

Lambach

Arcane
Pretty much. Still, he's doing exactly what he should as a moderator (i.e. the minimum), one lame prank excluded, so I don't see a problem there.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Yeah what's funny about Scruffy aka idonthavetimeforthiscrap is he's an idiot. He's a liberal atheistard who can't debate religious people or conservatives without looking like a retard. He then tries "trolling" them by screwing with religious threads or renaming the Trump thread. When DU trolls, he does it rarely and randomly and it's generally funny. He doesn't screw with ideological opponents who kicked his ass in a debate/argument like Scruffy does. Scruffy just reveals how butthurt he is every time he does that. It's pathetic.
i'm sure you can provide numerous examples of me "trolling ideological opponents" (lol). Care to do that?

Grimlorn

Arcane
Pretty much. Still, he's doing exactly what he should as a moderator (i.e. the minimum), one lame prank excluded, so I don't see a problem there.
Well Blaine makes a good point. Anyone else who spammed like Lord Azlan in another part of the forum would have been prosperized or banned. It's obvious due to the spamming he's copy/pasting posts on here as well. Scruffy not doing anything about this crap because it's a liberal spamming is one of his lame pranks.

i'm sure you can provide numerous examples of me "trolling ideological opponents" (lol). Care to do that?
Explain to me how I'm suppose to prove you changed the Trump thread several times? Should I have archived it?

I remember you messed with a religious thread or two. I don't remember what you did exactly. Maybe you just renamed it as well. It's not like it's important. It just shows how butthurt you are about them making you look like a fool. Maybe you really do believe you're trolling people. Denial is a helluva thing. Deep down you should know better.

Lambach

Arcane
Well Blaine makes a good point. Anyone else who spammed like Lord Azlan in another part of the forum would have been prosperized or banned. It's obvious due to the spamming he's copy/pasting posts on here as well. Scruffy not doing anything about this crap because it's a liberal spamming is one of his lame pranks.

I'm not 100% familiar with the 'Dex rules or mod duties, but since Azlan's spam is (almost) always on-topic, it's technically not against the rules, hence there's no reason to touch it. Loose moderation is best moderation. It's not without its downsides, but those are easily rectified via self-regulation (that lovely Ignore button).

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
images (14).jpg

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Explain to me how I'm suppose to prove you changed the Trump thread several times? Should I have archived it?

that's one thing i already admitted to, you slow, slow tool, why would i ask you to prove something i already clarified i did?

I remember you messed with a religious thread or two. I don't remember what you did exactly. Maybe you just renamed it as well. It's not like it's important. It just shows how butthurt you are about them making you look like a fool. Maybe you really do believe you're trolling people. Denial is a helluva thing. Deep down you should know better.

wow i am just unable to defend myself in front of such an overwhelming amount of evidence, clearly you know what you are talking about and aren't just an easily butthurt manchild with the IQ of a plant

Grimlorn

Arcane

that's one thing i already admitted to, you slow, slow tool, why would i ask you to prove something i already clarified i did?

wow i am just unable to defend myself in front of such an overwhelming amount of evidence, clearly you know what you are talking about and aren't just an easily butthurt manchild with the IQ of a plant
I struck a nerve.
094.jpg

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
still failing to provide evidence for what you described as my repeated behavior there, champ

so, do you have any or is this another one of those discussions about religion where i ask evidence for a claim, theists fail to provide it and the people like the above tool start gloating about how i "lost the argument"?

you are saying that my usual behavior is to "troll my (lol) ideological opponents"

evidence for this claim, you spineless tool?

Grimlorn

Arcane

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I don't think a post is spam if it is making some sort of discernible point. Apart from their political leanings, I don't think Azlan's or Oneself's posts are that different in terms of form and content than the other members who post on the Trump thread. They might be zealous and insistent in their opinions, but I've never seen them post meaningless shit repeatedly. The only difference is they are literally the last 2 Trump skeptic members who post there with any frequency, which pisses all the pro-Trump posters off.

It's kind of hilarious to me how the people who rail against safe space culture the most are the first to bitch about people expressing opinions different than their own within their midst. Which I really don't get, not just at a political level, but also at the more basic and apolitical level of sheer entertainment value. Shouldn't pro-Trump people in the Trump thread be happy to have anti-Trump people posting there, if only to give them something to talk about? What's the fun in a circle jerk? If Azlan and Oneself left, would you all seriously really enjoy just agreeing with each other about how awesome Trump is for page after page after page? Wouldn't that be incredibly boring? Why bother talking at all if it's only to have your thoughts repeated back to you?

I genuinely do not understand that sort of safe space mentality. I think safe spaces have their places as therapy, but my main objection to their permeating culture at large is that they are really fucking boring. I'm attracted to Codex partially because there are so many people here with differing political views than my own. I've never lasted long on liberal forums, just because I get bored quickly. I suspect it might be the same reason why I'm compelled to play all games I play on the highest difficulty level. If I'm going to bother espousing my political views on the internet, I want to do it on the highest difficulty setting, and for a liberal Codex is the highest difficulty setting (or maybe not the highest, but higher than most). However, for Codex Trump supporters, banning Azlan and Oneself from the Trump thread would be the equivalent of switching the thread's difficulty from "easy" to "story mode."

Repressed Homosexual
If Crusaders had tried their hardest to let Muslims express themselves freely, the world would be a Caliphate by now. Or do you think the Chinese or Japan, or Russia rose by letting minorities express themselves and being as vulgar as possible?

This whole "you need to let people who are blasphemous or vulgar or express different opinions" express themselves as much as possible, is the cancer that has ruined the Western world and led us to where we are today.

Of course you fight not to be censored... but for your own banner only! And when you are in a position of power, you try your HARDEST to give degenerate anti-Christians no room to do anything, or repress them into oblivion if possible!

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't think a post is spam if it is making some sort of discernible point. Apart from their political leanings, I don't think Azlan's or Oneself's posts are that different in terms of form and content than the other members who post on the Trump thread. They might be zealous and insistent in their opinions, but I've never seen them post meaningless shit repeatedly. The only difference is they are literally the last 2 Trump skeptic members who post there with any frequency, which pisses all the pro-Trump posters off.

It's kind of hilarious to me how the people who rail against safe space culture the most are the first to bitch about people expressing opinions different than their own within their midst. Which I really don't get, not just at a political level, but also at the more basic and apolitical level of sheer entertainment value. Shouldn't pro-Trump people in the Trump thread be happy to have anti-Trump people posting there, if only to give them something to talk about? What's the fun in a circle jerk? If Azlan and Oneself left, would you all seriously really enjoy just agreeing with each other about how awesome Trump is for page after page after page? Wouldn't that be incredibly boring? Why bother talking at all if it's only to have your thoughts repeated back to you?

I genuinely do not understand that sort of safe space mentality. I think safe spaces have their places as therapy, but my main objection to their permeating culture at large is that they are really fucking boring. I'm attracted to Codex partially because there are so many people here with differing political views than my own. I've never lasted long on liberal forums, just because I get bored quickly. I suspect it might be the same reason why I'm compelled to play all games I play on the highest difficulty level. If I'm going to bother espousing my political views on the internet, I want to do it on the highest difficulty setting, and for a liberal Codex is the highest difficulty setting (or maybe not the highest, but higher than most). However, for Codex Trump supporters, banning Azlan and Oneself from the Trump thread would be the equivalent of switching the thread's difficulty from "easy" to "story mode."

Azlans problem is that just reposts articles with an occasional byline which is generally an insult rather than an analysis of the article. You'd have to suspect he doesn't even read the majority of what he reposts, there are times where the content of articles don't even support the implications provided in the headline (I'm sure this is not accidental, it's just a tool to help shape public opinion by news outlets).

I've been the minority in threads where I'm arguing the less popular opinion. You need to source what you're reposting well and understand it, you need to address criticism and provide rebuttal. You also need to discuss what others are posting. If someone is just reposting garbage it comes across as a low rent psyop, rather than in the spirit of genuine debate and communication.

I'm not saying there aren't people on the other side guilty of this, but when one of the few people on the other side is doing it at such volume and frequency, it's extremely noticeable.

Edit: In terms of persuading people, I don't think it persuades anybody because there's absolutely no dialogue. Even shit flinging and bantz has a fun element to it atleast. Austistic reposting is just depressing.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I don't think a post is spam if it is making some sort of discernible point.
No, that's a ridiculously broad standard.

I genuinely do not understand that sort of safe space mentality.
Probably because it isn't a safe space mentality. We don't want spam. I'm not sure why that isn't getting through to you.

Post after post of cut/pasted content is spam, dude. It doesn't add anything to the thread. Neither does repeatedly trolling with one-liner personal insults over and over every day.

You made dozens of posts in that thread and I don't think anyone can accuse you of spamming. You were usually wrong, but you didn't spam. You made posts like the one you just made and put thought and effort into it. And if you posted an article or an image, I think you would do more than delivering pointless insults or posting more spam afterwards.

We might not agree with you, but we could have an actual conversation with you. Notice that apart from Iren the zealot, none of us are ignoring you. Yet almost all of us ignore Azlan. There's a reason for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Well, Azzpain and Onesie are technically on topic, but they are almost constantly shitposting (and both have tags to prove that).

I agree that we shouldn't have an echo chamber and some of the Trumpers are too quick to shit on anyone who is not in the "Trump is the greatest" camp. That certainly contributes to the more sane lefties not posting there anymore, with only complete shitposters like Onesie and Azzpain staying.

I'd ban them both from the Trump thread - let them create their own Anti-Trump thread if they want. At the same time, Trumpers should get off their high horse and stop equating every leftie with mental retardation and SJW-ism. Even though neither side wants to admit it, Bernie bros have a lot in common with Trump supporters.

I agree that we shouldn't have an echo chamber and some of the Trumpers are too quick to shit on anyone who is not in the "Trump is the greatest" camp. That certainly contributes to the more sane lefties not posting there anymore, with only complete shitposters like Onesie and Azzpain staying.
I criticized Trump several times. Before, during and after the election. Others have too.

I don't think that's the reason. I think the memes hitting too close to home coupled with their defeat made them leave.

We were all cheering Trump 100x harder during the election than afterward. But during the election the lefties thought they could win. They would bring in the latest poll numbers and gloat. Now they can't. And the more intelligent ones realize that more gloating over nothingburgers like "muh russia" will only lead to more humiliation.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Guys, forum staff can hardly be expected to perform their duties if at any point they have to read things they dislike or disagree with. GD and Politics are nothing more than shitty alt-right echo chambers, and that's a fact. How do I know it's a fact? Because over a dozen left-wing moderators and forum members have repeated that exact same spiel over and over and over again in this thread. Such a preponderance of unique and thoughtful opinions can't possibly be wrong.

Not to mention, they instantly turned this thread into a discussion about GD/Politics being shit in order to justify refusing to perform basic janitorial duties. Now that's what I call professionalism. Just go back to 4chains or whatever.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
GD and Politics are fine, we're talking about the Trump thread and why the only lefties who post there are convicted serial shitposters. And Juan_Carlo, who may be wrong, but at least tries to present an argument and have a discussion now and then.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Do mods even do anything?

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... v ... that one right there

GD and Politics are fine, we're talking about the Trump thread and why the only lefties who post there are serial shitposters.
As others have posted, Azlan spams in even loosely related political threads.

Really, it's more about the subject of Trump and US politics. And it's not about why more intelligent leftwing people don't post there, it's why the rules moderating things like forum spam aren't enforced in regards to those topics.

I mentioned before that I was banned for spamming low-quality threads. But what did raw do as soon as the MAGA subforum was created? He spammed a ton of threads. It looked like the raw subforum until he finally lost interest. But why wasn't he banned?
mystery.png
Funny how that works. Hence the thread title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom