Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FRAMED series, the gimmicky narrative puzzle games that were popular on mobile, is coming to Steam as one collection:

ss_5d9073c15d035b8b16e4b0f07317688ac7bce6ad.600x338.jpg

It's Hideo Kojima-approved.

Latelistener

Arcane
Could be, although I have a feeling that it will end up in a bundle in the 1$ tier soon.
I've read that it tries to combine RPG and sort of a platformer, and kinda fails on both sides.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Is it good? I know nothing about mobile games

I played the first game for an hour or so few years ago. It's about rearranging order of frames to change how story folds out. From what I've played, it's mostly about trial and error to find out what is the correct answer and watching how story folds out differently during the process, rather than getting clues and reasoning.

So I did say "Hideo Kojima-approved" not in a good way.

His approval is actual btw:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Mare Nostrvm, an ancient naval strategy game with WEGO system, from the developer of Roman chariot racing sim Qvadriga:

ss_2dad859d3831bbe445ac47e73a9709cca6bea2d8.600x338.jpg

ss_20655b7def38cf2e5d369e0cc64f91d6dc51d982.600x338.jpg

Mare Nostrvm is a strategy game by the developer of Qvadriga, and it is set during the turbulent war galleys era, when the civlizations along the Mediterranean Sea started to extend their ambitions towards new lands.

Naval Squadrons employ real tactics of that time, and the WEGO system will force you to think three moves ahead of your opponent!

Choose between fourteen ship types, ranging from the small and primitive penteconter to the powerful decares, and wage war in 24 historic naval battles!

Ram enemy ships, board them, or make use of your on-board harpax to make their encounter with Neptune the last!

FEATURES:
- From the dawn of history to the Roman Civil Wars, from Iberia to Cyprus, revive the ancient naval battles of the Mediterranean. 24 historic naval battles, including Salamis, the final defeat of Xerxes in Greece, and Actium, Downfall of Antony and Cleopatra.
- Classic WEGO system. Plan the actions first, then execute and view a simultaneous turn resolution.
- Battle AI adapts to the tactical situation and the historical settings.
- Configurable skirmish battles allows choosing of map, size, wind and opposing sides, using a point buy system.
- Multiplayer mode allows multiple historical and skirmish battles to be played by two players using Slitherine’s easy to use PBEM+ system.
- 14 ship types, from the swift penteconter to the massive deceres, equippable with devices like engines, towers, harpax, corvus, rodian firepots or sails.
- Historical tactics and maneuvers, depending on the situation and the ship type. Ram, rake oars or grapple and board. Arrows, artillery and fire.
- Squadron system with chain of command, the ships needs to be under command to be able to receive orders. Admirals and commanders has special abilities and a squadron range, lines of ships could be arranged out of this range to give command to all of them.
- Gameplay features include crew fatigue, atmospheric phenomena like fog, rain and a variable wind system and special rules for treasure ships, local command, plague, anchored ships and transports.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/650/details/Mare.Nostrvm

PrettyDeadman

Excellent "psycho horror" detective game, on sale for Halloween. Get in there!

After several minutes of play it feels like a cheaper and inferior version of Gone Home.
Will report at a later time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Penumbra Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague Gold Edition for less than 1 EUR. If anyone missed it, I highly recommend it if you are the horror genre fan. The last part - Requiem is more of a puzzle game, but it's still worth an interest as well. Great trilogy.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Reprogram, interesting looking side scrolling simultaneous turn-based robot tactics game:

ss_d57bc9ee07686b32ca825ab2a7dc4d888ac4d5c8.600x338.jpg

ss_6b1a092a0ba734a6c2de005858a58e078594c701.600x338.jpg

ss_787a9a6d6a422e7aadab11499a1e61455eacba02.600x338.jpg

Reprogram is a side scrolling tactical game where timing is as important as positioning. You control the characters by assigning commands that will be performed simultaneously during a turn. That way, you'll have to learn the enemy's behaviour and think ahead when creating a strategy.

The story is about four guys trapped inside a truck with a bomb hidden somewhere, they are also being chased by terrorists for a reason they don't know, but fortunately, whoever put them there gave them a marked map and remote controlled robots to help protect themselves. Throughout the game, they will try to find a way to get out of the truck, escape the terrorists, discover who put them there, reach the marked location and deal with each other.

Features:
  • 90+ different moves unique to each robot
  • Lots of items and equipments
  • Skippable cutscenes between battles
  • Each enemy has its own unique behaviour
  • 30+ battles

Old (2015) videos:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom