Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, apparently enemies respawn even when I'm not resting?!
I pretty much cleared the way from Goliat to the Fort, but when I was returning, nearly all enemies (like those Jackal faggots etc.) were back.
Maybe they respawn after a night or two, no matter if you're resting?

Volken

Scholar
Another shit tier point for this game is that a lot of NPC just don't seem to acknowledge your accomplishments and at some point they still treat you like a newcomer,even tho you are top tier big schnitzel in their faction, basically at one point during the "Ulbrichts Big Offensive" quest, Jax tells him this "Why are you trusting me to command/be a soldier when i only walked through the door, are you always this trusting?". I was a fucking paladin in the clerics AKA the highest rank and my character and the leader guy is acting like i just waltzed in here for the first time in the game. This game does this so many times where it treats me like a newcomer to the factions even though i'm the highest rank possible. And this is a problem all around the board, like everyone in the game has late stage alzheimer and never seem to recognize Jax or his accomplishments, this part of the game really pissed me off and really put the game on the 5-6 out 10 scale, the game is just bad.
Haha, yeah, that fucking quest, it was so fucking cringe it was unreal, like fucking Nasty was recruited to "lead" them, and even have this scene - still dressed as a fucking Outlaw, of course - and the "troops" are really just fucking robots, and she still has a "Let's give them hell!"-speech, and the entire "plan" consists of slowly running forward up to the Converter - a converter which previously was locked and unguarded but now has three layers of defense, as opposed to all other converters (which you can get into), even though you've probably already unlocked the teleporter at the converter.

You can literally leave Nasty and the Robots after the first fight, teleport staright to the Converter, help the troops there, and then work your way back to Nasty, killing the other lines of "defense" from the back, and Nasty will still go "Wew that was a hard fight" as you trigger the dialogue for each "line" where she stands and wait, after each point where the game assumes that there were combat. You can also teleport away from the entire thing, do whatever, and everyone will be waiting for you when you get back, like the game took a holiday. And let's not forget that if you've got too much Cold, you can't take the most sensible and logical option, and one of the major Clerics will die, even if you teleport to the converter immediately and kill all opponents within literal seconds.

It's so fucking bad. But everything involving Nasty seems pretty cringy, like she's a cringy punk that still somehow is an accomplished commander, despite clearly being both fucking stupid and in any reasonable universe incapable of leading anyone to anything.

I deleted *all* of my savegames after doing this quest (and even cried about my pitiful Elex life a little). It was simply too much. :negative: I guess patches won't fix the retardation.

Not only was she KO'ed after each stage because her humanoid AI is totally shit, but she also forced me to conquer the Xacor with her. Jesus... :stunned:

I bet Nasty will be editor's favourite NPC. GOTY waifu material. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:Yeah, she's totally a trannie.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Another shit tier point for this game is that a lot of NPC just don't seem to acknowledge your accomplishments and at some point they still treat you like a newcomer,even tho you are top tier big schnitzel in their faction, basically at one point during the "Ulbrichts Big Offensive" quest, Jax tells him this "Why are you trusting me to command/be a soldier when i only walked through the door, are you always this trusting?". I was a fucking paladin in the clerics AKA the highest rank and my character and the leader guy is acting like i just waltzed in here for the first time in the game. This game does this so many times where it treats me like a newcomer to the factions even though i'm the highest rank possible. And this is a problem all around the board, like everyone in the game has late stage alzheimer and never seem to recognize Jax or his accomplishments, this part of the game really pissed me off and really put the game on the 5-6 out 10 scale, the game is just bad.
Haha, yeah, that fucking quest, it was so fucking cringe it was unreal, like fucking Nasty was recruited to "lead" them, and even have this scene - still dressed as a fucking Outlaw, of course - and the "troops" are really just fucking robots, and she still has a "Let's give them hell!"-speech, and the entire "plan" consists of slowly running forward up to the Converter - a converter which previously was locked and unguarded but now has three layers of defense, as opposed to all other converters (which you can get into), even though you've probably already unlocked the teleporter at the converter.

You can literally leave Nasty and the Robots after the first fight, teleport staright to the Converter, help the troops there, and then work your way back to Nasty, killing the other lines of "defense" from the back, and Nasty will still go "Wew that was a hard fight" as you trigger the dialogue for each "line" where she stands and wait, after each point where the game assumes that there were combat. You can also teleport away from the entire thing, do whatever, and everyone will be waiting for you when you get back, like the game took a holiday. And let's not forget that if you've got too much Cold, you can't take the most sensible and logical option, and one of the major Clerics will die, even if you teleport to the converter immediately and kill all opponents within literal seconds.

It's so fucking bad. But everything involving Nasty seems pretty cringy, like she's a cringy punk that still somehow is an accomplished commander, despite clearly being both fucking stupid and in any reasonable universe incapable of leading anyone to anything.

I deleted *all* of my savegames after doing this quest (and even cried about my pitiful Elex life a little). It was simply too much. :negative: I guess patches won't fix the retardation.

Not only was she KO'ed after each stage because her humanoid AI is totally shit, but she also forced me to conquer the Xakor with her. Jesus... :stunned:

I bet Nasty will be editor's favourite NPC. GOTY waifu material. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:Yeah, she's totally a trannie.

Nasty has to be one of the worst characters I have seen in any game, she acts like such a petulant child, swearing worse than a sailor on a bad day for no other reasons than to make her look ''badass'' and hardcore, my butthole clinged every time she started to speak ''Yeee fuck this,fuck that, fuck you, don't fuck with me, fuckitty fuck fuck ''

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Energy dual hammer ? Check!
Plasma rifle? Check!
Jet pack attack? Check!
Power wave psi ability? Check!
No emotions? Check!
Tech armor? Check!

Can't get more "Warhammer 40K" then this methinks. After I complete my cleric playthrouh , I'll be playing a "Not enough DAKKA" outlaw Jax for sure.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Wasnt there some patch that added the option to turn off double tap dodgeroll? Where can i find it? Or did i misread something?
The latest patch, yes.

First you go into the game, and you assign a button to roll.

Then you turn on double-tap rolling in options.

Then you turn off double-tap rolling.

Yeah, it's that retarded.

Elex

Arbiter
Energy dual hammer ? Check!
Plasma rifle? Check!
Jet pack attack? Check!
Power wave psi ability? Check!
No emotions? Check!
Tech armor? Check!

Can't get more "Warhammer 40K" then this methinks. After I complete my cleric playthrouh , I'll be playing a "Not enough DAKKA" outlaw Jax for sure.
you forgot the chainsword (also power weapons but is less iconic)

outlaws look exactly like some underhive gang

clerics are techpriest/inquisition

berseker are eldar exodites

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
just got the furnace,mein god it melts everything from trolls to collosi to chimeras!

about the respawing,animals will respawn in some areas it was the same in risen 1.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I pretty much cleared the way from Goliat to the Fort, but when I was returning, nearly all enemies (like those Jackal faggots etc.) were back.
They respawn continuously. I'm not sure how it works, but I believe it's based on whether the area you're in is loaded or not. Basically anything outside of your currently loaded cell respawns. Possibly your loaded cell+1 or something.

Volken

Scholar
They respawn continuously. I'm not sure how it works, but I believe it's based on whether the area you're in is loaded or not. Basically anything outside of your currently loaded cell respawns. Possibly your loaded cell+1 or something.

Mutants are breeding rapidly. I wonder why there are no females among them. For that purpose, do they kidnap human women and keep them in underground hatcheries? That would be interesting quest-line. Too bad the game is PEGI 12 friendly. It needs more grit.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I think areas I've been to respawned more difficult monsters when I proceeded to next chapter. At least it seemed that going to next chapter triggered a respawn and not actually resting.

Because I had scavenged a lot of stuff and been everywhere in Chapter 1, most areas I returned to after resting while in Chapter 1 seemed to stay empty.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
I think areas I've been to respawned more difficult monsters when I proceeded to next chapter. At least it seemed that going to next chapter triggered a respawn and not actually resting.

Because I had scavenged a lot of stuff and been everywhere in Chapter 1, most areas I returned to after resting while in Chapter 1 seemed to stay empty.
Which would be the Gothic way to handle things. I would be quite irritated if they changed that here, it was a good way to handle respawns and it prevents JRPG grinding, one of the most horrible things ever invented by mankind.

about directions given by quest givers:
So far it's really noticable for me how elaborately they describe where I'm supposed to go in a quest.
But I didn't check if that information suffices without map markers because I don't give a shit about that particular decline feature and just keep it activated.
I would have to play differently if I deactivated it, like do one quest at a time to not forget where I have to go next. But so far the quests aren't nearly good enough for that, they are better than Bioware stuff but still quite basic. So I just collect as many as I can in a town hub and then work through the list.
Or I'd even have to make notes while playing. Which I certainly won't do.
Embrace the decline! :positive:

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I think very specific areas that are not considered part of the overall world environment do not respawn, such as the starting location, specific camps of enemies, etc., "Troll #54" in "World cell 311" or whatever definitely do. It has nothing to do with chapters (or at least not noticeably so), because I've been in Chapter 1 for a very long time. I actually only just entered Chapter 2.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I'm pretty sure game has very overproportional spawn rates. Maybe it was just for me since I played the most basic version of the game and they fixed it, but enemies either breed fast or there are just too many of them on the map. Sometimes lategame in the snow area there were like deathmatches between various types of monsters and alb soldiers, as turkeys would fight mutants while albs would rush to kill everything. Hilarious, but becomes very old when you try to get from point A to B on foot and take your time and explore stuff. Alb forces also respawn pretty quickly, like a mech which guards Snow Pass teleporter (you know, the one in the lake).

There was a quest to visit Infinite Skies bunker which I was doing twice - first to get part, and second to get game progressing cutscene. I gave part, returned as I got new quest into same location, teleported... go down... there's fresh Moloch down there lol. I got jumpscared like a gal since it's so dark there you gotta use them 1-time flashlights, and I cleared whole place 5 mins before.

P.S. I really like there is at least one place where I had to use flashlight, I wish there were at least a few more.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Melee combat is indeed getting a bit repetitive. I'm hopelessly underleveled and underequipped and can still beat the crap out of some of those berserkers like the main gate guard or that tavern keeper.
It takes forever but jumping past them is a pretty safe and stamina-saving alternative to rolling around in the mud. And as long as you don't use strong attacks you can stunlock them with your attacks most of the time and then press Q when the HUD says so. Turns out that deactivating target lock solved all my problems.
So I ran circles around a few low level mobs which made fights piss easy. Didn't try to fight anything higher level than what I think is called horn wolves outside the town though. But so far the AI seems like a lost cause.
And videos like that fight against that mutant giant that was posted 2 pages before make it look like a travesty. You couldn't run circles around enemies in the Gothics. Target lock made sure of that. Here you can deactivate it. Which seems like a piss poor idea now because the AI looks like it's still the same.

I still enjoy the game but I think I have to take back my first impressions about that combat system. It's indeed rather shit.
Or not. So I'm in the wilderness now and enemies there seem to have better AI patterns than that mutant in the video and human melee opponents. I can circle around them, sure, but they behave much less predictable and don't use lunge attacks or those silly attacks where they try to run you over like a bull that often. And jumping past them doesn't work because their attacks seem to have a bigger impact radius than at least some of the human melee weapon ones.
So it seems to be an AI issue for certain enemy types mostly. If they fix that all would be fine, because in general this seems to be a pretty great combat system, at least that's how I feel about it atm.

@armchair designers who for some reason think that committing to your attacks and the decisions you made by pressing these twitch control buttons is bad design: Fuck off, I couldn't care less about your rants.

I think I'll go Outlaw melee plus some dabbling in rocket launchers and other stuff that blows shit up.
Can't stand these tech-hating Berserker elf cunts and Clerics don't seem to be a good fit for melee builds.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
so for a melee beserker "build" what would you suggest in terms of attributes/skills/equipment?
i was thinking not to rush for the atrribute skill because the int point spent seem like a waste but there are some useful skills like hunter that require high int to get all three.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you grind a bit, you'll be able to use absolutely anything, from melee to bows and magic and still will have some points. So just focus on getting 60+ damage weapon (tier 1-2 upgrade) and better armor for now, and try maxing Trophies skill & either melee or ranged weapon to 2. Also grab Weapon Upgrading, your racialfaction weapon upgrade, Good Eater and 1-2 ranks in Barter. These are most useful.

And Chemistry. This is Top 1 priority. Get Chemistry.

this is Elex pyramid: strong weapon > money > elex > stats > stronger weapon > more money > moar elex > moar stats - repeat

Shadenuat

Arcane
I drank elex whole game and in the end was Irrational (pure emotional). Just choose emotion options in dialogue. IDK how many potions I consumed but I had important stats at 80 and it was more than 60 potions for sure for stats and half a dozen for skill points.

harhar!

Augur
The quest design with regard to the quest compass is definitely better than in Witcher 3 but there are some quests that were obviously designed with the quest compass in mind. The first quest I needed the compass on was the "Pick 8 healing flowers from the lake" quest. There were exactly 8 flowers I needed to pick, 7 on which were in the middle of the sea and one someplace else. There are 2 easy ways of fixing this quest:

A: Have more than exactly the number of flowers that you need, so it's fine to miss some.
B: Have all the flowers in the middle of the sea and communicate this through some nearby NPC if we happen to talk to him.

If testers had played without compass, they would have surely complained. Btw. I don't mind it if they sometimes do the "I'll mark it on your map", if it is difficult to describe the location or it makes sense in the story to do that but they shouldn't do it all the time and you should only have access to that marker if and only if the NPC actually gave you the fucking location.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah... one of those quests. Collect 6 elfroots. Kill 6 derphounds. 0/2 soldiers killed 0/1 mechas killed 0/6 commanders killed.
not the best quests.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The quest design with regard to the quest compass is definitely better than in Witcher 3 but there are some quests that were obviously designed with the quest compass in mind. The first quest I needed the compass on was the "Pick 8 healing flowers from the lake" quest. There were exactly 8 flowers I needed to pick, 7 on which were in the middle of the sea and one someplace else.

Aye, it's one of the derpest quests in the game because it's such an obvious Risen 3 leftover. That one was chockful of "go pick me 5 unique flowers that grow somewhere and which are the only example of such flowers in the game". Why can't you just gather 10 stronk heal plants or something for the guy instead ffs.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I drank elex whole game and in the end was Irrational (pure emotional). Just choose emotion options in dialogue. IDK how many potions I consumed but I had important stats at 80 and it was more than 60 potions for sure for stats and half a dozen for skill points.

I ended the game with 85 in every stat and every skill learned and I was always between Intuitive and Neutral. I also was not that consistent about low-cold choices. The cold impact from elex quaffing is low.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just didn't find most skills useful to level them. Out of curiosity I maxed all resistance skills (fire/poison/rad/cold) and tried using gas mask and ring as well yet when I went somewhere I wanted (a troll near old cars wreckages at "Crater" teleporter) I still died to rads in about 5-8 seconds.

The most useful "skill" in the game is tier 3 plasma rifle, plasma ball solid uranium shot. That's something 80 dex 60 int. Useful :shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Kahr

The quest design with regard to the quest compass is definitely better than in Witcher 3 but there are some quests that were obviously designed with the quest compass in mind. The first quest I needed the compass on was the "Pick 8 healing flowers from the lake" quest. There were exactly 8 flowers I needed to pick, 7 on which were in the middle of the sea and one someplace else. There are 2 easy ways of fixing this quest:

A: Have more than exactly the number of flowers that you need, so it's fine to miss some.
B: Have all the flowers in the middle of the sea and communicate this through some nearby NPC if we happen to talk to him.

If testers had played without compass, they would have surely complained. Btw. I don't mind it if they sometimes do the "I'll mark it on your map", if it is difficult to describe the location or it makes sense in the story to do that but they shouldn't do it all the time and you should only have access to that marker if and only if the NPC actually gave you the fucking location.
That fucking one lonely healing plant.
I'm sure they did this on purpose! :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom