Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I certainly agree that it's nowhere close to comparing with human-written dialogue.

Quantity can make up for quality in some cases, though.

Prime Junta

It looks neat, but it would be cool to see some screenies from some other areas too. That church for example, if you don't want to spoil us by showing something we haven't seen at all.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
It looks neat, but it would be cool to see some screenies from some other areas too. That church for example, if you don't want to spoil us by showing something we haven't seen at all.

At least this is something actually new rather than the same areas and screenshots shown over and over again.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Sure, you have seen this already :D
Now - if you went and followed our art director on Instagram - you might see some pretty bitchin’ screenshots in his stories. The current one’s pretty spoilery - the previous one was simply insane

The Church, though, that mystery you can crack only in the game. I believe the wait should be worth it...

I see pinball machines, can you play pinball in this game? What stat do I need to max to get the highest score?

On that note when is the next sneak peak at stats?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i posted this earlier in the thread i i think it bears repeating:

the main reason i am hyped for this game is because they're name-dropping Kentucky Route Zero. I think the devs of this game will agree with me when I say that you all should go play KRZ immediately, not only to experience a fantastic game adventure game but because, hopefully, it will prepare you for this game's tone.

the scenario writing for KRZ is simply put the best i've ever encountered and it features moments that are very powerful and imaginative that evoke 100 years of solitude or the movie Brazil, it's a rock-solid example of how to do magical realism in a video-game.

if this game manages to capture that this shit is gonna be amazing.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
you all should go play KRZ immediately
Disagree. A large minority of Codexers will be angry that they can't build number stacks more efficient than opposing number stacks. Another group will be angry they can't easily save scum to try every conversation option. Still more will be actively hostile to the game's entire tone. I find Zero wonderfully compelling, but like Furies, it will not be for everyone.

if this game manages to capture [a level of atmospheric brilliance on par with KRZ's] this shit is gonna be amazing.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Is KRZ over yet? like really really no episodes left over? Because I played until I reached a building with a bear floor and quitted because there were still making episodes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom