Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Help me remember, it's been a while since I've played TNO. Has the phrase "white Nazi scum" ever been used in that game? It was always just "Nazi scum" as far as I remember.
Yeah, he said "nazi scum" while slitting a soldier's throat in the first game. I just played through the meeting resistance part, that "white nazi pigs" line came out of nowhere even his tone felt awkward as fuck.

Anyway, about gameplay, shooting is still solid but for some reasons normal soldiers feel a bit more spongey while ubersoldatens are more fragile :roll: Doom's weapon upgrade system makes an appearance which is a :greatjob: for me. Can't speak much about level design since I haven't played much, but so far I find gunplay to be more refined than TNO.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It's a pointless argument. SJWs aren't interested in helping the poor. They are interested in destroying white people and western society, because they now see class in purely racial terms. Make all the people at the bottom minorities and the people at the top white and male and you'll get a glimpse at how they see the world.
Mah, God, I should tell my cousin how he is privileged for having less melanin than me, of course, he earns a brazillian minimum wage, but this is just a tiny little detail, his melanin makes him king of the world like Leonardo DiCaprio.

Dexter

Arcane
Its all made just to be over the top,funny, cringy, you name it. I doubt Machine Games were making any statement with this rollercoaster.
Tell them that:

If they run their Marketing like a Political campaign with constant parallels to Trump they're going to be judged based on it.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So now Blazkowicz is jewish, lol.

Always has been.
Only half jewish, but he rejects the other half that is a "white KKK scum"

Actually, in order to be born completely jewish you only require your mother be jewish, the father has no effect. In fact, if your father was jewish and your mother was not you would not be considered jewish from birth.
Wasn't it based on the sex of the kid? Boys are jews if the father is a jew and girls are jew is the mother is?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From what i see on steamchrat and steamspy the game is doing very poorly. That makes me happy,would love to see those swedish cucks go under. Every swedish dev studio is a combination progressive ignorant stupid cucks that like to suck arab's dicks. I hope Putin decide to make whole scandinavian peninsula a glass desert. What else to do with a place where rape tourism is a real thing,no joke here.

Sargon attempts to stream this, only lasts an hour before switching to Civ 6. Interesting to see from a perspective of someone who never plays FPS.

I lasted only bit longer than him when "demoing". I don't remember TNO being this fucking cringe inducing.

Ash

Arcane
I personally don't really care if the game has SJW themes and allegories. All I care about is whether or not it's a good game independent of story. Judging by the New Order, it's not. Not to mention the reported playtime/cutscene ratio of this one again shows the priorities of the developer.

flyingjohn

Arcane
You know i don't think these writers are doing a good job in forcing you to admire their work of art.
There should be a quiz after every single cut scene and if you fail it your saves should be wiped out so you can enjoy the amazing writing some more.

I personally don't really care if the game has SJW themes and allegories. All I care about is whether or not it's a good game independent of story. Judging by the New Order, it's not. Not to mention the reported playtime/cutscene ratio of this one again shows the priorities of the developer.

Which is when you start caring about themes the game has. It's bad enough when you have to watch a lot of long cutscenes. It's multiple times worse when these cutscenes are infuriatingly retarded. I don't see myself being able to play through this for free, God have mercy on people who actually paid for this..

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Didn't they market the recent re-reboots of Wolfenstein (before this one) as old-school shooters? Seems counterintuitive to make a cutscene heavy story social commentary shooter out of them.

Ash

Arcane
They did. It was bullshit. It was very much a linear cinematic modern shitfest. Sure it didn't have a two weapon limit, and hipfire wasn't severely gimped, but there was no saving a design philosophy consisting of extreme emphasis on heavy scripting and cutscenes, as well as mostly linear level design. It was very much a story driven game, everything was in service to telling a story, and not a particularly good one (though the cutscenes were still well done). There was moments of actual worthwhile content in there, mostly when it was you, your guns against nazis in a semi-open area without too much interruption, but these were few and far between. And even if these rare few levels were open, they were still designed primarily around and in service to realism rather than gameplay. As is the modern standard.

There was also so many segments that just dropped the ball so hard, like they have you go through an extensive sewer/water processing system to sneak into a base, it goes on for quite some time, and they didn't do absolutely ANYTHING with it. So you're just swimming for like 15 minutes doing...nothing. No puzzles, no platforming, no shooting, and even minimal storytelling. The only gameplay I recall is pure navigation of a "maze" (wasn't really all that maze-like), which is fine (great even) when combined with other elements of gameplay as was the old school standard, but on its own? So many boring, ball-dropped moments in that game that don't really serve any meaningful or engaging purpose.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
They did. It was bullshit. It was very much a linear cinematic modern shitfest. Sure it didn't have a two weapon limit, and hipfire wasn't severely gimped, but there was no saving a philosophy consisting of extreme emphasis on heavy scripting and cutscenes, as well as mostly linear level design. It was very much a story driven game, everything was in service to telling a story, and not a particularly good one (though the cutscenes were still well done). There was moments of actual worthwhile content in there, mostly when it was you, your guns against nazis in a semi-open area without too much interruption, but these were few and far between. And even if these rare few levels were open, they were still designed primarily around and in service to realism rather than gameplay. As is the modern standard.
Still level design was less linear than what CoD X and those clones had before TNO came out. Also TNO went back to no autohealing and needing to collect health and armor from levels and dead enemies.

Ash

Arcane
Still level design was less linear than what CoD X and those clones had before TNO came out. Also TNO went back to no autohealing and needing to collect health and armor from levels and dead enemies.

There was segmented regen health (which is acceptable). And yes, it's slightly better overall than modern military shooter campaign x, but that's the bottom of the barrel. It's not a good game. RTCW > Wolf 2009 > Wolf 3D > Wolf TNO

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom