Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX RELEASED

Elex

Arbiter
ELEX is just the sorta oldschool game that is actually oldschool and Codex tryhards won't be able to wing it

remember to praise ELEX
yes is a genuine oldschool game, early 2000 era, not a game created as imitation of an oldschool game.
the pubblisher also helped: no pre order stuff no season pass no "free dlc" no lootbox.
you buy the game the complete game.

i don't uderstand why review don't talk about that.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Game is cool as fuck, but its way past time they motion captured animations, this is simply not acceptable. Also the art style is very hit and miss but kinda reminds me like a mix of 80s corny shit like Captain Power, and Mass effect generic sci fi. Except even corny 80s shows like it and I dont know Kinght Rider were much darker\edgier looking and consistent instead of the deluge of super high color contrast and hexagons we get today.

Got to pick you up on something, and it's not your almost unreadable sentence structure.

Mass Effect's style is *not* generic sc-fi. It's a very specific aesthetic, heavily influenced by the work of Syd Mead, a legendary artist. You don't have to like it, but you're wrong about that.

Wrong, Mass Effect is what would happen to Syd Mead if you would mix it with the most generic Treck Wars sci fi expectations. When it appears to come close to Mead, it goes really fast goes into shit territory.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The game isn't extremely easy, but it's nowhere near as hard as some of those complainers are whining about.

I ventured into an area near the start of the game (the Elb tower) that was suggested by an online guide to not even be approached until you're level 10 at least, at level 6. It wasn't easy, but I was able to accomplish my goal just by being careful.

With the amount of healing potions, one-shot cleric spell trinkets, and other items that are almost literally thrown at you, one could even argue the game's too easy. At least that's my opinion early in, anyway.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Not to argue with you, Roguey, but did you turn off the auto target focus? I think the hitboxes are actually rather forgiving.

(Edit: Maybe by travesty you actually meant they are hideously large)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not to argue with you, Roguey, but did you turn off the auto target focus? I think the hitboxes are actually rather forgiving.

(Edit: Maybe by travesty you actually meant they are hideously large)

I haven't played it, I just watched gifs where the PC died because enemies hit the air around them.

jungl

Augur
you notice how bad the hit boxes are when you use spells like fireball. This games completely passable. Some really stupid game design decisions like gated faction armor and ending. If you take elex your character becomes cold but heres the thing. There are plenty of quest results that the developers fucked up in that give you cold when they clearly shouldnt. Also have fun building your character with no elex consumption. Its funny cause the no elex run isn't difficult you can knab a final tier weapon and win the game but only a test of your frustration if you retarded enough to attempt it and never heard of youtube. Honestly might of well as made mana consumption making you warm.

Piranya bytes games are like the dragon quest games. Mind fucking boring stupid formula that never dares to change and has die hard fans that love eating that shit up.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
With the amount of healing potions, one-shot cleric spell trinkets
Yeah, there are plenty of them.

Not happening, considering I've read that three of the discs it ships with are absolutely useless and you need to download 10+ gb.
You have pretty bad internet, aren't you? But maybe you live in some distant corner of the Earth, eh, I wish I can live somewhere in the wood.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
also am i the only one who is tired of Roguey passing judgement on games then saying he never plans on playing them because he/she saw a .gif of it online?

i also think he should've been banned a long time ago due to doxxing, which is one of the few "rules" here on the codex that was instituted after the great rebellion.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
also am i the only one who is tired of Roguey passing judgement on games then saying he never plans on playing them because he/she saw a .gif of it online?

i also think he should've been banned a long time ago due to doxxing, which is one of the few "rules" here on the codex that was instituted after the great rebellion.

Wait, Josh Sawyer’s number one fan doxxed someone? Man, the great balancer in the sky would be so disappointed. Heil Sawyer.

Re Roguey’s internet: can’t you have someone burn it all onto more CDs or load it on a flash drive and then have it airdropped to you, or sent via submarine to your secret undersea lair, or maybe hire an expedition to deliver it to your hut deep in the darkest jungle? Not trying to pry into your location—clearly this is no place to divulge an iota of personal information—but even if you’re using a prison computer, a 128GB thumb drive is totally transportable via the anus express. Besides, like all addictive substances, elex is best administered rectally.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Re Roguey’s internet: can’t you have someone burn it all onto more CDs or load it on a flash drive and then have it airdropped to you, or sent via submarine to your secret undersea lair, or maybe hire an expedition to deliver it to your hut deep in the darkest jungle? Not trying to pry into your location—clearly this is no place to divulge an iota of personal information—but even if you’re using a prison computer, a 128GB thumb drive is totally transportable via the anus express. Besides, like all addictive substances, elex is best administered rectally.
I know no one who can do this and don't trust anyone on the internet.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Re Roguey’s internet: can’t you have someone burn it all onto more CDs or load it on a flash drive and then have it airdropped to you, or sent via submarine to your secret undersea lair, or maybe hire an expedition to deliver it to your hut deep in the darkest jungle?

Who is going to pay for all of this?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who is going to pay for all of this?

I mean, all you’d really need is a parcel service—if Roguey can get physical copies then there’s clearly enough infrastructure to get a thumb drive without paying an exorbitant amount of money for shipping. And if we’re talking some kind of minimum security prison setup, my guess is it’ll cost a couple packs of cigarettes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom