Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
9SXdWRx.png

What game?

spekkio

Arcane
Conrad finds some artifact in the aliens base:

ycyzdhr.png

Guess what it doe...

NJ8Pjii.png

oBisLcg.png

AXPEBmU.png

Oh.

ilwJQRW.png

:rage:

Alien homeworld is quite
rating_prosper.png

zV4Erv1.png

And shape-shifting aliens are real pain in the ass:

83pTVmx.png

Fortunately, Conrad finds something that should fix Earth's alien problem. Permanently:

rtlNiFO.png

:dance:

The only thing left is killing alien hivemind:

SVQRKvj.png

And race against the clock to an (quite well hidden) exit:

vUJWFAO.png

Conrad pulls Ripley:

Hkqae0Y.png

Wsov1bG.png

rFOWhan.png

sQhILjW.png

And that's it...

vg0KPtP.png

uUZ3Bzw.png

RIP in peace, dudes:

qA0nWBC.png

:salute:
Being done with the oldshit, it's time for some...

Lost Vikings - Desu Ex Edition

kY7mqpL.jpg

Eg3iZh6.jpg

oZNIO4t.jpg

:love:

Red-haired Christian in da hause

M5fjZG6.jpg

:decline:

rKSeGlc.jpg

:incline:

spekkio, the SNES version of Lost Vikings 2 doesn't have that awful pre-rendered sprite look; I played the original PC version back when it came out and recently played the SNES one, I would recommend playing through that instead.

spekkio

Arcane
My screens are from PSX version, and maybe indeed I should exchange voiceovers for better graphics...

rating_prosper.png

*Edit: instant incline indeed. Font alone is 200% better.

agtXsjQ.png

UojCqxR.png

**Edit: info on V1 & V2 from HG101:

TLV1:
The game was released on pretty much every major system at the time, and they're all worth playing, although the Genesis version trumps them all. It has four extra stages the other versions don't, as well as short cutscenes that play before the start of each world, which show off something you'll encounter during your time there. It also has a soundtrack composed by Matt Furniss, which edges out over the other versions.
TLV2:
The Super Nintendo version of the game is pretty decent, and the art style is closer to the first game. The music, although the instrumentation is a little fancier, has the same style as the first game, although, sadly, it's missing the Matt Furniss-ness of the Genesis version.

Norse by Norsewest, the version made for the CD systems, is more of a remake than a straight port. It has all the same levels and features as the SNES version. The graphics and sound, however, are completely different, and not always in a good way. Since old-fashioned spriteworked probably wouldn't have flown on Sony's console, everything is now pre-rendered. This looks alright for the stages themselves, but the characters themselves are done in a super-deformed style. It looks especially bad up close, like in the new FMV cutscenes, where the Vikings end up looking more like Muppets than human beings.
That's why I love HG101: if there are 25 versions of some game, these fags played them ALL.

:love:

Last edited:
Yeah, the later versions (PC, Playstation and Saturn, retitled into Norse by Norsewest) were decline. They had that awful pre-rendered style, redbook audio and voice acting - textbook 'muh next generation CD gamez!' conversion.

Zenith

Arbiter
Harassing the DMC guards on my quest to get that legendary Gauss Rifle.
uZgJn07.png
mW7LSzm.png

vRRcHqW.png
oBkq7zb.png

gKgsfNu.png
yaqaMC9.png
E46olZK.png
XBZ2v7B.png

...11 goddamn kg?!
:mixedemotions:

spekkio

Arcane
Finally, some self-aware female characters:

ybcTPgL.jpg

:incline:

Boy, now that's a "dressed for the job" saleswoman:

S00LYQL.jpg

:bounce:

World may be smaller than in Ys6, but locations are bigger:

efwOAWP.jpg

New gameplay element - buffs:

IWj1NGx.jpg

And as far as bosses go... First one got my curiosity:

AVZySXV.jpg

But second one certainly got my attention:

8obKajY.jpg

:takemyjewgold:
Remember when writing was good even in puzzle games?

AcbigMT.png

:obviously:

C8tHmZW.png

vVqghLu.png

:?

Fortunately, Fang is just an excuse for devs to be as racist as possible:

rxbjZOf.png

WuQhjUu.png

Meamwhile, the unspeakable evil... Well... Mostly lurks...

2Ni0DhQ.png

xfkrPfp.png

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom