Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

pomenitul

Arbiter
I'm having a much easier time with my death knight than I did with my poison-oriented cabalist. Vitality feels OP at this stage (just hit elite).

Aothan

Magister
I would guess the addition of specific class skills and items probably helps, almost every second or third epic item which I find is themed for the Necromancer (it is almost as if the game is telling me something). In comparison only in the last day have I come across rarer items that help with poison or acid damage (e.g. http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/2468)

there are also probably differences in playstyle similar to how these damage types are used by various creatures, the initial damage from poison or acid is usually very marginal, however if I remain standing in the radius of the affected area the damage over time can rapidly reduce my character's health. I'm usually running all around the screen when poison or acid damage is being used

Shadenuat
I AM SORRY I DOUBTED YOUR WISDOM.

ALL IN SKELIES IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY FOR NECROMANCER.
And Flame Torrent.

So leveled up my death knight. Veteran was fine as a cadence/WPS DK. but Elite was raping my ass due to shit equips/resists.

SO I went to the diviner and went all in to the skelies.

Skelies for life. Skelies in Death.

Axie

Scholar
How do you set skeletons to be aggressive? They don't have a button on the Ui.
Was wondering the same. That blue light-in-the-bottle has icon, skellies don't.

Anyway thanks for recommending GD, I really enjoy it. Well made game. Maybe not as deep as PoE, but, oh, much fun! Just that I screwed my left elbow nerves while sleeping and now can't properly use all of left hand's fingers — so Underrail and BG re-runs for me. Also my mother is fantastic cook and me and my wife enjoy her weekly packs immensely. But seems I got some talent from her, as I made our last dinner guest impressed. But I was thinking to change lighting design in our living room that night and now am in trouble as our home funds ran dry (bad business season), and I didn't like anything I saw in cheaper places like Ikea and such. Btw, that new Ikea store is terrible. Too big and too far from city centre. Also I don't have a car. I do know to drive, but never could be arsed to go on exams and get license proper. Although I did drive, even internationally on highways, and even had a crash — driving 160 km/h on open road just as we were going back from Italy. Car was destroyed, not reparable, but me — not a scratch. Miracle. Though, I wont push luck, hence fuck being temporary poor and far-away Ikea and fuck my fucked up nerves, but then again Underrail is good game. GD can wait. Kthxbye.

Aothan

Magister
I might be thinking of a different game, I thought it was f1 for attack, f2 defend etc

Shadenuat

Arcane
You are forgiven even if you multiclassed instead of keeping true to necromancer pure master race

I am at the crossroads here, I finished my first devotion plan and finishing act 4 elite, but I don't know what to do next and them devotion points continue to stack up. I'ma level 80 and plan on leveling up Blight fiend's perks.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKQYjoV

I see 3 paths:
- Drop scorpion & Manticore, take Bat, take spider&raven, level up Abomination's right arm. Put Twin Fangs of Blight Fiend & Tainted Eruption on Ravenous Earth. I don't feel like it is very strong though. I feel like Ravenous Earth is better with vitality boosts.
- Because scorpion's defence debuff doesn't stack with Blight Fiend's aura, replace it with Eye of the Guardian. Take Toad. Level up Typhos. That will increase damage all around maybe even more than Abomination & give some health from toad and pet bonuses.
- Remove Lion. Take Crane. Take Scales of Ulcama. Remove Crane again for Lion. Put leftover points into Lizard. The most defensive option. (for now I have 8300 hp, all items are obviously random shit).

You are forgiven even if you multiclassed instead of keeping true to necromancer pure master race

I am at the crossroads here, I finished my first devotion plan and finishing act 4 elite, but I don't know what to do next and them devotion points continue to stack up. I'ma level 80 and plan on leveling up Blight fiend's perks.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKQYjoV

I see 3 paths:
- Drop scorpion & Manticore, take Bat, take spider&raven, level up Abomination's right arm. Put Twin Fangs of Blight Fiend & Tainted Eruption on Ravenous Earth. I don't feel like it is very strong though. I feel like Ravenous Earth is better with vitality boosts.
- Because scorpion's defence debuff doesn't stack with Blight Fiend's aura, replace it with Eye of the Guardian. Take Toad. Level up Typhos. That will increase damage all around maybe even more than Abomination & give some health from toad and pet bonuses.
- Remove Lion. Take Crane. Take Scales of Ulcama. Remove Crane again for Lion. Put leftover points into Lizard. The most defensive option. (for now I have 8300 hp, all items are obviously random shit).

For maximal heretical summons, multiclass your necro with occultist. You get a ultra fast doggy, on demand heal, perma buffs, vit/element resistance debuff, also another crow to harass your prey.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe9gEXZ

Why stick to necromancy/corpses only when you can also add a good dose of demonology?

Shadenuat

Arcane
No multi classing, that's the point. Already played Occultist, know Occultist, fug occultist.

Rattosh fangirl 4 life

Pure petobuild is too passive for me too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Added maxed aether damage Siphon Souls for some close combat multiple nemesis slaughterhouse action. For what's it worth it is a strong skill, but god it's animation looks like a random placeholder.

Blight Fiend looks p. cool with all the dreeg eyes circling around it.
Decided to stack Vit & Aether & Pet bonuses. Vit/Aether+Poison felt like spreading too much and is not supported that well by the game.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Poison in general isn't very well supported, outside of Dreeg's Eye and now Ravenous Earth, what else is there?

DoTs like Poison, Burn etc. is generally underwhelming unless you spec for it gear/devotion/skill wise. But yes it is a nice bonus when the last few %age HP of the nemesis just disappears while you haul your ass out of there to heal/refresh cooldowns.

But Physical/Internal Trauma/Bleed focused Warder is an absolute beast; and the DoT contributes a significant bit to it.

Lacrymas , but that right there is a p. good build concept Acid/Poison focused Occultist majoring in Dreeg's Eye and Ravenous earth.

Edit: Something like this http://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9nMoaZ

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
By poison I mean both poison and acid. I was thinking the exact same build when I posted my previous comment. I think it's going to work because Ravenous Earth is very strong by itself, so everything that includes it is going to be at least viable. I don't think you can make a poison/acid melee or ranged build, though, unless some devotions I'm not aware of allow you to.

Yeah Ravenous Earth is a very solid spell all by itself.

I ran a WPS focused Nightblade+Occultist. It was quite good in Elite (never got it to ultimate) before the expansion. But it had cold/bleeding/pierce damage other than poison/acid so...

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, I don't think there are any acid/poison melee or ranged abilities. I was thinking that they'll maybe add them to the Necro or Inquisitor, but no such luck. Are they going to add more classes? Are we going to see more content in general?

LizardWizard

Cipher
By poison I mean both poison and acid. I was thinking the exact same build when I posted my previous comment. I think it's going to work because Ravenous Earth is very strong by itself, so everything that includes it is going to be at least viable. I don't think you can make a poison/acid melee or ranged build, though, unless some devotions I'm not aware of allow you to.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/122

Haven't farmed it out yet but looks strong. 2h cold/vit soulrend Reaper is facerolling through HC Ult atm though

Shadenuat

Arcane
AAAAHHH

WrUldcS.png

WHAAAA

iAuIizs.png

THIS IS FI

Cswifew.png

And all I got was some shitty blues.

Literally the only reason I managed to put a dent on this was the fact that all my damage spells are based around various DoTs and also heal me. The only way I scratched big one was by using reflect from Mark of Torment and mashing buttons - I think reflect did more damage than everything else. Then the more there were, the more efficient I actually became with my DoTs as I removed all pets because I think they just healed this thing and used Ill Omen & Wendigo's Mark and Siphon Souls (which actually cuts monster health regen by 70, huh) with Will of Rattosh.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDMnwpN

I was lucky that I actually respecced into more of aether blaster supported with pets than pet guy supporting them with spells or I'd be fucked.

Difficulty spikes in Malmouth pretty rapidly. Regular Elite is literally cakewalk in comparison - easier than Veteran when undergeared and such.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom