Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Jinn

Arcane
Level 15 finally, trying to get into the Berserkers. Fucked around a lot to test their laws and only have one more quest to do to possibly get in. Choice and Consequence, my man. I'm sweating.

ortucis

Prophet
I heard companions have different behaviour, and that Ray is for ranged wepon, and engaged in melee very slowly.

Haha, who told you that? All companions have same AI.

Attack from ranged if enemy is far away, when enemy comes close, attack with melee. Doesn't matter if Caja's ranged can destroy enemies, she'll go for her puny melee attack instead of letting me deal with melee.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Also, just because Piranha Bytes cannot get enough of being incompetent, there's a 100 save limit in the game. If you create more than 100 saves, the game will simply stop saving.
It seems like a limit carried over from consoles and PB simply doesn't care (or cannot afford) to #IFDEF. Both Microsoft and Sony allow imited space for saves. If the game doesn't comply it does not pass the certification process. I think the limit is most severe on XBone - just some 250 MB iirc.

Seems like an easy fix.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172504925

ELEX > Guides > Gary Dozer's Guides> How to fix the savegame bug

Prophet of Wrath
18 Oct @ 7:54pm
> This bug only happend if you have non-Latin letters in a path to save game location, usually User folder.

Thank you very much for explaining that. I just tested this, and without ANY changes - meaning I did nothing listted above (yep I'm a lazy, lazy man :) ) I was able to:

1. Quit the game
2. Reboot
3. Update Windows 10 to build 1709 ("Fall Creator's Update" with the new "Fluent Design" pretty-prettyness)
4. Reboot. Again.
5. Start the game and successfully load from my last save.

So, good news: this bug didn't affect -me-. But as Fenix-Venix said, if you've got "funky letters" in your username, etc., you might be affected here. Good find there, by the way, Mr. Dozer and Fenix-Venix!

Gary Dozer
[author] 18 Oct @ 8:42pm
You are right, Fenix-Venix
Windows 10
Opinion discarded.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is anyone else having issues sending companions to Origin as the base of operations? I talk to the guy and recruit my team to the defense, but everyone just feels like sitting around their shitty camp. Bug? Need to hit a certain point in a quest? I've tried the usual, talking to them, warping back and forth between spots, etc.
I can't even mention Origin to my fags, even though I've told the dude in Origin that I've got some dudes.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I heard companions have different behaviour, and that Ray is for ranged wepon, and engaged in melee very slowly.

Haha, who told you that? All companions have same AI.

Attack from ranged if enemy is far away, when enemy comes close, attack with melee. Doesn't matter if Caja's ranged can destroy enemies, she'll go for her puny melee attack instead of letting me deal with melee.

Ray seems to be the least helpful companion since he only attacks an enemy if I hit them, regardless of the fact that the enemy is aggroing me or not. Other Companions will jump right in even without my initiative, as long as the enemy is aggressive and attacking.

Jinn

Arcane
After 34 hours in, and having just joined the Berserkers at level 17, I can say that for me ELEX has some of the most beautiful and well executed world building of any game I've played. Every place you go is a joy to explore and it gives you a reason to. There are countless instances where I actually said out loud "whoa, what the fuck. "

Watching previews gave me an idea that this would be the Piranha Bytes game I was waiting for, but I've been pleasantly surprised to find that this is one of their finest endeavors in my opinion.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Berserker: Setzer/Werker, Krieger, Erz-Berserker

Wait, Erz means Ore? The Ore-Berserkers?

Erz- as first component in a compound noun indicates the first/highest of something, like a hierarchy for example, see engl. Arch-
Loanword from greek arche -> latin: arci -> old high German Erzi -> Erz

The identical, yet unrelated, word 'Erz' as rock containing metal, see engl. ore, stems from old-high German aruz / aruzzi which was another loan word but it's unclear where that one came from. This word (aruz) displaced the even older old high German word 'ere' (see the similarity to ore in engl.) which is still present in adjectives like 'ehern'.
Kluge (Etymological dictionary of the German language) supposes aruz stems originally from Sumerian urud (copper) though it's unclear in which way that word arrived in the German language.

So how the fuck could aruz displace ere around the 9th century? The answer is probably:

d28.gif

Achilles

Arcane
I will play this game at some point. I enjoyed all the previous Risen games and the new setting is pretty interesting.

Xeon

Augur
I hope they patch or a mod maybe to stop the Berserkers banter regarding Jetpack or menu opening. These monkeys don't deserve me help elevating them right now.

Didn't know Ray wa bugged, jackass got me killed so many times and stopped with companions.

Elex

Arbiter
Level 15 finally, trying to get into the Berserkers. Fucked around a lot to test their laws and only have one more quest to do to possibly get in. Choice and Consequence, my man. I'm sweating.
well i suppose is not a spoiler you can fuck up all berserker quest on purpose and redeem yourself with 2k elixit and join them.

fun part? you can’t pay outlaw for admission.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, about that quest in front of the Fort:
Is there any way to prevent all those poor bastards from dying?
I was supposed to get them some help to guard the place, but even when I get them 4 people as backup they all die in the battle against the gazillions of big monsters (don't know their name, they look a bit like giant dark spider/minecrawler - breed) that spawn as soon as I got the help.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't think so, for me, those mutants even creeped into the fort and managed to kill 6 or 7 outlaws and the weapon trader, I was actually disappointed that William is unkillable lol.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Says nothing about what will be in the patch. most of the article describes *den Shitstorm* over the attributes that do nothing except to determine what equipment you can use, contrary to the descriptions in game, with Pankratz insisting that it's wörking as intended and not a bug.
Then Jenny Pankratz says perhaps the patch will make the mechanics more "transparent" (changing the UI to actually say what's going on with attributes or whatever).

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.pcgames.de/Elex-Spiel-55...Bytes-Statement-Kritik-Patch-Release-1242211/

Can anyone who speaks Rammstein tell me if there is something interesting about next patch / changes / critique here?

Btw " Der Shitstorm, der im Forum der beliebten Fan-Seite World of Elex". Der Shitstorm is my new favourite germanic word.

tldr people are fucking dumb and can't realise on their own that it's the attribute descriptions that are derpy, not the attributes themselves that are bugged, and pankratz has to repeat that 50 times

incoming patch might make this more transparent though

edit: fkn nazi ninjas

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How's exploration and verticality if one were to avoid using the jetpack, by the way?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom