Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

I know it's not well-loved here, but I really enjoyed The New Order and The Old Blood and was really disappointed to hear that this one shoe-horned in a bunch of political stuff. As in, it's not just the marketing or stuff outside of the game - a review I read noted that it frequently references political hot topics but fails to engage with them in any meaningful way. I hate it when blatant politics get injected into games, especially when the game doesn't ultimately go anywhere interesting or meaningful with it. Sounds like The New Colossus has fallen prey to that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Edit: It seems the game was written by an BLM activist.

Three hours and a half ......... and the game is around 6 hours ......... fuck that sjw shit. I don't remember Return to castle Wolfenstain having more than 30 minutes of cutscenes. I am not even going to pirate that cesspool of liberal piss.I could download and watch tree good movies in that time. Hope the dev studio goes under,fucking baboon fuckers!

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I just read the storyline on Wikipedia and it is just awful. I am not talking about the political stuff which is probably cringe worthy but I mean the stuff about Blazkowicz himself or all the nonsense the storyline goes though. Because I don't want to spoil it for people who want to play the game I won't tell about it but it just ends really really stupid
I also think the game pretty much confirms the possibility that the player will assume the role of one of Blazkowicz's children in the future as apparently that nurse he is hot with is expecting twins (probably "finally" opening the possibility for female gamers to play a female Blazkowicz)

Give me the "Secret battles of World War 2" a la Hellboy and Indiana Jones and as depicted in Wolf3d, SOD, RTCW, and Wolf 2009 any day over this crap.

Edit: I stand corrected, the stupid part is somewhere halfway during the game. Ending is still pretty dumb though.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys,here are tree totally not paid reviews. I just love the last one.
wolfshit.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
When I was a child, I used to pirate games and think:
"Boy, I feel bad about this, once I have money, I will buy games when I get older."
As an adult man, I now seek games that are even worthy pirating.
This badly written, agenda driven POS must take 100 gb of HD space for 3 hours of real gameplay.
You done it, gaming industry, empty space on my HD is more worthy than one of your games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/fantadomat.23716/

Please at least try to hide your powerlevel a little. And why are you still using utorrent instead of qbittorrent?
If the sakura is from Sakura Quest. Congratulations you have great taste.
Power is to be shown in its full glory! You can bask in it and tremble:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dark___devil
Also yeah it is the sakura quest,really great anime that i would recommend to even non-anime fans ;). I am using utorrent 2.2.1,it is very fast(download) and easy on the ram.And i can download from places that i can't with other shit.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I actually talked a bit with Jens Matthies 2 years ago over Skype when my website asked the devs for a small interview, he was really down to earth and enthusiastic towards The New Order, he talked about their design philosophy to make Wolfenstein fun/over the top first and foremost with Nazi horror elements second, "hurr durr Murican spirit or real life political bullshit influence can fuck right off" IIRC. No idea what the hell happened to them :/

rado907

Savant
More like "Wolfestein II: New Cuckossus", amirite? Or "SJWolfenstein II".

Fuck em. They can keep shoving this shit down our throats but we don't have to take it. Don't have to watch NFL, don't have to play Wolfenstein. Plenty of other things to watch/play/do.

Let SJW people drive sales. Like they elected Hillary & improved NFL ratings.

Ash

Arcane
6 hour long game:

3 1/2 hours of bullshit cutscenes.

:lol::lol::lol:

No wonder they had to take desperate measures with their "Marketing" to have any chance.

Why are people acting surprised? The New Order was digital banality also. Mostly linear, filled with shit gameplay, cutscenes and bland over-scripting galore. Sure it was ever so slightly better than your Battlefields and Cods campaigns, but that's not saying anything.

There is no shortage of modernfags that will think this is good just as they did the last. But yeah, it's best to never rule out shills.

Last edited:

RapineDel

Augur
These games are pretty shit. I gave The Old Blood a go recently and it was just a downright boring game looking to emulate parts of RTCW. The movement and gunplay feels cumbersome but I guess that's the modern stand. The level design was seriously boring with repetitive enemies coming out of nowhere (basically all the same crap) and shoe horned story sucked as well. However it seems miles ahead of whatever this abomination is. It looks the final nail in the coffin for all these Bethesda published 'third party' games I'll call them outside their in house development. Everything they've brought out recently seems to have sold like shit including Prey (which I actually liked) so I'll expect these studios to either be closed or moved into producing loot boxed filled multiplayer games in the near future.

Israfael

Arcane
Beginning is so hilariously cringy that I actually enjoyed it. At least we get some use of 'nigger' in mainstream media, so we can say MG enables the KKK and all the race haters instead of shunning them (if that was the purpose of all that cringe). From what I've read and what i've seen (thank you, pirates), it'd be even bigger letdown than Shadow Warrior 2 which immensely dissapointed me (and how did they even manage to make Doom a year ago which is an actual fps, or that new Q1 map pack?)

Ash

Arcane
6 hour long game:

3 1/2 hours of bullshit cutscenes.

:lol::lol::lol:

No wonder they had to take desperate measures with their "Marketing" to have any chance.

Why are people acting surprised? The New Order was digital banality also. Mostly linear, filled with shit gameplay, cutscenes and bland over-scripting galore. Sure it was ever so slightly better than your Battlefields and Cods campaigns, but that's not saying anything.

There is no shortage of modernfags that will think this is good just as they did the last. But yeah, it's best to never rule out shills.

This and mostly everything else spoonfed to them. Case in point.

decline.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if the creators of this game felt it had to take an edgier interpretation of a Nazi-occupied America (lol) so as not to be accused of being a Man in the High Castle ripoff.

bataille

Arcane
Wait, what? Do people really take this seriously?
I thought all you needed to lose the small modicum of care was the intro cut scene, where THE EVIL RACIST CHAUVINISTIC CAPITALIST PATRIARCH literally kicks a puppy.

I'm in the middle of watching the cut scenes on youtube, and it's a pretty funny time. The gameplay itself is the same awful stuff as TNO, so the question of buying/pirating it instantly becomes obsolete. The cinematic - and the easily youtube'd - part is where it's at.

Crap like the new mario or assassin's creed aren't even worth it to look at their screenshots, while this has got three hours of bizarre and absurd mix of super tryhard attempts at drama and the 'Nazi has taken over teh world' pulp which - at this point in time - would be considered kitsch even among readers of Dick.
This is the most an AAA title can provide.

Also, didn't expect the hardcore and cynical KKKodex audience to give the over-the-top parody of Ilsa the she-wolf of SS (which already was hilarious) more than a condescending laugh. It's like an adept of kantian philosophy getting all riled up when a dudebro calls kant a nerd and a virgin. Instead of being insecure it's a much better time to look at the dummy's antics and giggle to your heart's content.

Israfael

Arcane
Actually, if they were serious, this could be an interesting experiment - if they knew the history, the Nazis were using the national/ethnic minorities as a fifth column in the states they conquered / planned to invade (UPA and Crimean Tatars/Chechens in Ukraine/USSR, Ustase in the Kingdom of Balkan Slavs), then it'd be actually niggers and other minorities that were the lapdogs of the regime rather than KKKs. It never bothered anyone that almost all these people were Untermenschen under the Nazi own rules or very close to that.

Wait, what? Do people really take this seriously?
I thought all you needed to lose the small modicum of care was the intro cut scene, where THE EVIL RACIST CHAUVINISTIC CAPITALIST PATRIARCH literally kicks a puppy.

I'm in the middle of watching the cut scenes on youtube, and it's a pretty funny time. The gameplay itself is the same awful stuff as TNO, so the question of buying/pirating it instantly becomes obsolete. The cinematic - and the easily youtube'd - part is where it's at.

Crap like the new mario or assassin's creed aren't even worth it to look at their screenshots, while this has got three hours of bizarre and absurd mix of super tryhard attempts at drama and the 'Nazi has taken over teh world' pulp which - at this point in time - would be considered kitsch even among readers of Dick.
This is the most an AAA title can provide.

Also, didn't expect the hardcore and cynical KKKodex audience to give the over-the-top parody of Ilsa the she-wolf of SS (which already was hilarious) more than a condescending laugh. It's like an adept of kantian philosophy getting all riled up when a dudebro calls kant a nerd and a virgin. Instead of being insecure it's a much better time to look at the dummy's antics and giggle to your heart's content.
I don't think I've ever seen a more transparent NeoFAG plant than this. Who the fuck 'giggles'? What's a fucking 'dudebro'? Who's insecure about anything?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom