Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kyl Von Kull I dunno if norse larpers are a good comparison to chivalry m80. I just can't reconcile the concept of orderly righteous person with pelt armor + zerker raaaaage. I'm also going off of how Paladins have been portrayed in other PB games and it's always been fire + innos + rules = armor.

I assumed the warlord armor is gettable since the intro splash screen shoes Jax in it, but that's pure assumption on my part (it's also the same that Caldrim, Cormag, and Agrim wear.)

Regardless, it's still weird that the names are repeated.

They clearly should've come up with a better name than Berserkers because that faction is literally all about following their incredibly rigid set of laws. The clerics have religion but they don't have much of an honor code--their belief system is all about pursuing technology, not moral rectitude; you never meet a cleric exile or see a cleric execution (granted, there's a ton of mind control, but does that sound very lawful good?). The Berserkers have a code and that code is very strict. As i see it, warrior ethos + strict code of behavior = paladin...

i think regent is a different rank from paladin like the equivalent of warlord fir berseker.

Adjudicator is the Cleric equivalent of Warlord. Paladin and Regent are used interchangeably in the english translation, but the final armor is regent armor.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
well i didnt want to spent atribute points to strenght/constitution,i hoarded them for dex/int for my lazer needs,thats why i rushed to ignaton.
too bad i cant kill anyhting with the lazer rifle.:negative:

should i also go to the fort after the bezerkers for ultimum xp?

The two best energy weapons in the game require very high strength (above 80). You’ll get them late but investing those points is not a waste. Also, no reason you can’t use a bow in the early game—it benefits from the same ranged combat skill as guns do.

And yes, do the other faction quests for the Berserkers and Outlaws before you sign up with the Clerics. Lots of EXP you don’t want to pass up.
All energy weapons I've found requires Dexterity/Intelligence. Which requires Strength?

Tigranes

Arcane
Jet pack attack is odd. Do you lock on to an enemy? Locks often go away when you fly, no? Do you just hit attack while afloat?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
All energy weapons I've found requires Dexterity/Intelligence. Which requires Strength?

The Executor in Tavar--northeast of the fort on a sort of tower-- is a good plasma rifle (better than tier 2, worse than tier 3) that requires 76 STR and 50 DEX. The Mortal Beam near the volcano is maybe the best laser rifle/best gun period and it takes 83 STR and 59 DEX.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
there's a ton of mind control, but does that sound very lawful good?
I would prefer torture and executions any day instead of mind-control.
You can fight agains force with force, and can't fight with mind control, when you believe your thought is your own thought.

Elex

Arbiter

The Executor in Tavar--northeast of the fort on a sort of tower-- is a good plasma rifle (better than tier 2, worse than tier 3) that requires 76 STR and 50 DEX. The Mortal Beam near the volcano is maybe the best laser rifle/best gun period and it takes 83 STR and 59 DEX.
yes apparently unique weapon special thing is have different stat requirement (also in certain case like the bow extra skill).

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Problem is that if something interrupts your flight - dmg isnt done. FLight can be interrupted both by projectile(which makes sense) or by hitting something prior to hitting the ground. That something can be your enemy who didnt move. Happens often on larger critters.
Jetpack attack is a core part of my strategy to fight melee, but that is exactly the issue. The AI tries to be under you, which means you often get interrupted and then they get a free hit, which isn't great.

I just hit the rank of Paladin of the Berserkers.
20,000 Elexit for the armor? Are you kidding me? "Oy vey goyim, the production quality on these pieces is through the roof! Only 20,000 shards for our special customer!" I barely have 13,000 right now and I never spend it on anything but a few quests and some liquor for potions. At least they don't ask me money for the magical fists. I sold an arm, a leg, metal scrap and claws until I had enough money for it. You can't get away with this again, Schlomo.

Kahr

So can you climb the volcano? There are a lot of fire and radiation areas, but otherwise you can stand beside lava in this game.
Is there any way up through those death zones?

imweasel

So can you climb the volcano? There are a lot of fire and radiation areas, but otherwise you can stand beside lava in this game.
I haven't tried it, but there is an elevator to a structure inside the volcano. Two actually.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

You see on the map how there's what looks like a whole complex of buildings to the east of the volcano? You can go up that way. It's north northwest of the company premises Ignadon teleporter. I don't remember any problems with heat or radiation, just lots of high-level monsters:
I think it's mutants, molochs, and definitely a cyclops

Morkar Left

The Berserkers go cultivator -> warrior -> paladin. I think Ragnar's warlord armor might be different from warrior armor and is not gettable, because you can't become a warlord.

I have to disagree on Paladin--the world only has a super religious connotation because of D&D. It never meant anything like priest or warrior priest; it more implied a super chivalrous knight who was trusted by the king. See Charlemagne's twelve peers in the Song of Roland, or Malory's Death of Arthur. It would fit very well with the anachronism of the Berserkers. Even if Paladin is the intended term for a top level Cleric, I bet they're using a different word than the Berserker's Paladins. Maybe Pfalzgraf, which means count palatine/count of the palace--that could translate as either regent or paladin. My knowledge of german is very limited, though.

We could solve this in a heartbeat if any German speakers can tell us what the actual words are in the game's native language.

Because I just barely began playing this is from a wiki:

Clerics: Akolyth, Legat, Kleriker (which means cleric)

Berserker: Setzer/Werker, Krieger, Erz-Berserker

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Hey Harley, can you fix the fact that the Raider is noclipped?
xkBRb.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You see, when the game has lot things to offer, such things like ethereal raider looks like minor thing, I realised this exactly when played Elex, I was surprised that various things doesn't bother me at all - just because Elex is so good!

Morkar Left

PBs nomenclature is always mix, mis and match. They just seem to take the first word that comes into their mind for something e.g. all the creatures in Gothic had English names even in the German version.

Murk

Arcane
Berserk-ore. Makes sense to me.

The names are whatever, at some point you just have to roll with it. Even Outlaws are bizarre since they're ruled by an iron fist; they're actually more "warlord esque" than the berserkers insofar as they are ruled by strongmen factions and violence is an answer to nearly everything.

Ok guys real talk -- why the hell can't I equip the cowboy hat + glasses? Also, why aren't glasses 80s Stallone aviators?

WHAT THE HELL PB

Murk

Arcane
Doesn't really explain much, could mean it influences it indirectly by allowing for certain skills.

Early on when I was still using a bow (level 2-3ish) and raised my dex by 10 damage I had thought my damage had gone up by a bit on 'runt' monsters, but I dismissed it as accidental headshot or two. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a straight up test and rush a few levels early on and then test consistent damage pre and post pumping stats. Maybe if I'm not lazy I'll give it a swing.

Unrelated but I did something weird with a serk quest regarding a potential cleric.

Spoke to Bertram and accused him of being a cleric as per Angrim's quest, and he says he wants help. I was thinking of going that route but decided traitors deserve death and kill him at night with no witnesses (though someone sees anyway, apparently). This didn't remove Bertram's request to arrange his escape.

So I go to Angrim, turn him in, and he rewards me. Then I go and get scolded by Ragnar and pay 50 elexit for the murder (lol, seriously?) and then talk to Rijka and... she arranges for transportation... of... his corpse?. Oh well, double payout.

Also, is there a potentially good ending for the Hakon quest if I am pro-separatist other than lying to him about their location and/or provoking him?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Paladin fits Clerics far more -- especially since they are religious sycophants and have a "god and armor, purge the unclean" mentality; Paladin makes no sense for the serks since they don't have a god. Further, when you ask Ragnar for armor like his, he refers to it as "Warlord's armor".

I dislike that the Berserkers are in fact called Berserkers despite they're just a bunch of viking larping hippies. They should have been called "the clans" or something else (can't call them Nordmarians I guess.)

edit: What's the 2nd rank for serks?

Outlaws are: Runner -> Enforcer -> Captain (don's camp from risen, lel)
Clerics are: Acolyte -> Legate -> Paladin
Berserkers are: Cultivator -> ???(hunter???) -> Warlord?

The Berserkers go cultivator -> warrior -> paladin. I think Ragnar's warlord armor might be different from warrior armor and is not gettable, because you can't become a warlord.

I have to disagree on Paladin--the world only has a super religious connotation because of D&D. It never meant anything like priest or warrior priest; it more implied a super chivalrous knight who was trusted by the king. See Charlemagne's twelve peers in the Song of Roland, or Malory's Death of Arthur. It would fit very well with the anachronism of the Berserkers. Even if Paladin is the intended term for a top level Cleric, I bet they're using a different word than the Berserker's Paladins. Maybe Pfalzgraf, which means count palatine/count of the palace--that could translate as either regent or paladin. My knowledge of german is very limited, though.

We could solve this in a heartbeat if any German speakers can tell us what the actual words are in the game's native language.

Except the D&D version is based on the very sources you cite. Charlemagne was a deeply religious person living in a deeply religion era. I'm pretty sure the "virtues" of his knights were imbued with Christian virtues as well, or rather, they were more virtuous than your regular knight precisely because they were religious, and this was kinda important back then.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Why is there both Mana Elixir and Long Lasting Mana Potion? It's the same thing, with the same requirement to craft, that give the same boost (permanent 10+ mana) yet they have different icons, recipes and names.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom