Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Mario Odyssey

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
New mario looks not only it will be the best platformer created to date, but also the most fun game in past 15 years.

flyingjohn

Arcane
After fucking X-Com Mario nothing can surprise me.
Xcom Mario is not a bad game actually.
Hell it is actually more difficult then xcom 2.

But can super mario hat edition beat this masterpiece:
knack-2-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-12jun17

It'll be good. Mario games rarely disappoint.

Interesting how Mario, who has long been a wearer of hats, has now befriended a kingdom of hats.

Machocruz

Arcane
Maybe best flatformer, mostly running around broad, flat areas. The best actual platformers will always be 2D. More precision.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm butthurt that this feels somewhat similar to that Sonic game made nearly 20 years ago, but this one looks actually good and Sonic Adventure is not.

RuySan

Augur
It'll be good. Mario games rarely disappoint.

Interesting how Mario, who has long been a wearer of hats, has now befriended a kingdom of hats.

The Galaxy games were great, but the 2.5D Mario games for the DS/Wii were mostly miss for me. There were loads of better platformers outside of Mario released during those years.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The new Mario combining 2d and 3d elements is pretty great.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So much content, it's like 3 games packed into one, 2d, 3d, open world, non open world levels in the open world.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I've been replaying Arcanum and Fallout(and their modern iterations aka AoD and Underrail) on my PC for the past 5 years.

I needed a new x-perience. Something to x-pand my horizons.

Morkar Left

I've been replaying Arcanum and Fallout(and their modern iterations aka AoD and Underrail) on my PC for the past 5 years.

I needed a new x-perience. Something to x-pand my horizons.

Just wait for X4.

That Mario game looks actually good. But could be a bit empty. I got a similar impression from the Zelda game. Maybe they can't handle too much characters on the screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom