Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And that is why i stopped being a centrist. Point out that the nazies were dudes fighting other dudes and you become nazi incarnate. Still i don't care about such shit,people will be people. What bugs me is the subtextual questioning of my love for rpg games.

Zeriel

Arcane
Ugh, excuse me? Everyone knows that people whose views put them to the right of the political spectrum are literally all nazis who elected literally hitler to turn our once progressive and liberal country into a fascist safe haven.
Clearly Wolfenstein was always a politically charged franchise despite never having any political messages until now, you just don't understand the genius of making topical statements and fueling people's delusional world views. Dumb nazis.

Well said. Something should be done about these nazis. Perhaps we could round them up into organized compounds, then shove them into comfortable rest chambers where they could be irrigated with a pleasant, moisturizing solution consisting of 1 part vitamin C, 5 parts cyanide. Only then can we be sure society will never become as hateful as they are!

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah, I agree, saying that nazis are bad is pretty edgy. No wonders Codex doesn't like it.
Well nazi weren't bad,they just lost a war. It is like saying all the allies are evil or the soviets are evil. Just a bunch of normal people fighting other normal people. One side looses and becomes evil. Same would have happened if the nazi won.
You are wrong, The US won against the japanese and they became the second largest economy on the world on a few years, while Hitler had plans to make a gigantic ethnic cleansing on Eastern Europe and he only didn't so because he didn't had the time. Sorry, I really admire the German army professionalism and dedication but the germans had shit for brains with that aryan bullshit and deserved right to lose the war.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Move along, Codex. This is the gaming forum you created by allowing this shit in GD. Nothing to see here.

I take that over neogaf anyday, scrolling neogaf feels like dying, like some kind brain parasite takes a bite every few pages you scroll through...

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
https://bethesda.net/en/article/3sa...ein-ii-the-new-colossus-pc-specs-and-features

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – PC Specs and Features

For PC gamers, it’s all about the freedom – and we’re not just talking about liberating America from Nazi oppression. From framerates to field-of-view options and beyond, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus includes a host of features on PC, allowing players to customize their experience based on hardware and preferences. Along with the minimum and recommended specs, we’ve got a detailed list of supported features available in The New Colossus when it launches worldwide on October 27.

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Storage: 55GB
  • Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation
    AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1
Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-9370 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Storage: 55GB
  • Additional Requirements: Steam account and broadband internet connection for activation and installation
    AMD GPU drivers no longer support Windows 8.1
PC ADVANCED SETTINGS AND FEATURES
Uncapped Framerate
We at MachineGames are huge PC players, and all of id Software’s games have very strong PC DNA. So it’s important for us to make sure the PC version of the game is as solid as any console version. That’s why we built the game on idTech 6, which also allows for uncapped framerate – one of the features we’re most excited about.

Aspect Ratios
With such a wide range of tastes in aspect ratios among PC gamers, it was important for us to ensure compatibility with as many as possible. Here are a few of the big ones, but it’s by no means all of them.

• 4:3
  • 16:9
  • 16:10
  • 21:9 (ultra widescreen)
Resolution
Supports 4K resolution

Field of View Slider
70 FOV to 120 FOV

Advanced Visual Settings

• Lights
  • Shadows
  • Directional Occlusion
  • Reflections
  • Decals
  • Motion Blur
  • Image Streaming
  • Volumetric Quality
  • Decal Filtering
  • Deferred Rendering
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Depth of Field
  • Resolution Scaling
Vulkan
When we started development of Wolfenstein II, the choice of graphics API for PC was a simple one. DOOM had already set the stage for what could be done with Vulkan and we wanted to take it to the next level.

Using Vulkan when developing has allowed us to utilize the power of AMD's VEGA graphics chips in ways that were not possible before, giving us fine grained control over the performance and feature set of the GPU without having to sacrifice artistic intent. Combined with the flexibility of AMD's hardware, Vulkan gives us the artistic freedom to deliver Wolfenstein without compromise.

Controls

• Full keyboard and mouse rebinding options
  • Separate controller and mouse/keyboard sensitivity settings
Anti-Aliasing Options
We have a range of anti-aliasing options including, but not limited to:

• TAA
  • FXAA
  • SMAA
  • TSSAA
Colorblind Modes In a first-person shooter where every objective marker and crosshair placement is crucial, colorblind modes are helpful for many gamers. Here are the three modes we included:

• Protanopia
  • Deuteranopia
  • Tritanopia

Don Peste

Arcane
Wolfenstein 3D returns with a twist in Wolfenstein 2
https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/16534048/wolfenstein-2-easter-eggs-wolfenstein-3d
yeOwaYT.png

Quatlo

Arcane
If you were wondering if you need to play this game just watch this clip:

Its 34 minute mark in case link went bonkers.
I cant stop fucking laughing on how hilariously bad this garbage is.

PrettyDeadman

If you were wondering if you need to play this game just watch this clip:

Its 34 minute mark in case link went bonkers.
I cant stop fucking laughing on how hilariously bad this garbage is.

I feel so empowered right now.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haha fuck. Later in the video they talk about white America and how they have given up and are comfy being ruled by the fürhrer. The south is controlled by the ku klux klan.

Cross

Arcane
I like how she comes barging in out of nowhere to warn the protagonist of enemies standing behind the gate after he has already opened it and the enemies are in plain sight.

(Not to mention the inherent stupidity of a cutscene depicting the protagonist having to be dramatically rescued from...the same enemies he has spent the last hour comfortably beating by himself.)

And of course this militant resistance group is mostly made up of women of varied body types and ethnicities.

Dexter

Arcane
Here's Hitler!

And the ending:

The party at the beginning of the video above is also lol, the one guy is wearing a Hammer&Sickle party hat:
TeInpra.png

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Fucking lol these clips, I knew it would be bad but this crap...nigga porking a fat german frau, commie symbolism, some black panther-esque shaneequa making 'inspiring' speeches, STRONK preggerz womin taking off her top to shoot some mecha dinosaur(what the fuck!??) XDDDD LOL what a fascinating insight into the Swedish mind XD

Good that it's a "meh" game...it would suck if a game with this ammount of POZ and cringe was actually good :3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom