Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Level-scaled respawning mobs in my PB game :argh:

I teleported to the Abessa converter (drone one) and there was a mountain troll 30 feet from me. That was definitely not there the first time around.

Just out of curiosity, have you progressed in terms of chapter since the last time you had been to Abessa?

Nope (I did join a faction though, but still on chapter 1)

I began suspecting this when I saw packleaders in the area around Goliet in abundance but this seals the deal.

Not so fast on level scaling accusation. I believe this is false.

You’re taking about the north abessa converter? There was already a troll in the vicinity—sometimes they’re hidden behind a hill or something. I remember sneaking past this guy when I went to check out the converter at a level that was much too low; talked to the drone, saw the Alb mech and transported out ASAP.

By pack leader you mean the bigger stronger raptors? I ran into many of them near goliet in the beginning. Also, some raptors seem to migrate in packs (though typically only one or two is a pack leader)—I ran into a pack traveling down the river when I was level five or six near the ruined old world houses south of goliet.

Here’s the thing: there were super strong enemies scattered through Edan and Abessa (and everywhere!) all along. Maybe you missed them or instinctively avoided them when you were a low level peon, but they were definitely there.

Weak enemies do respawn when you rest, but any accusations of scaling are baseless. Why would they need to? I just hit level 20 and there are still tons of high level monsters in Ignadon that are pretty challenging.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
but any accusations of scaling are baseless.

Glad to see the cult of Elex is shaping up to the likes of AoD and Underail.

I found another mountain troll near the pipes to the south and again that was definitely not there, also it is open field, pretty hard to miss.

So I went back and looked at the footage of me in the area the first time (perks of doing a review and having 1.3 TB of footage). It was a Stone Claw near the pipes and a Ripper near the Teleporter. No Mountain Trolls in sight.

Also the mutants a bit too the left were dudes and Rotboars. Now there is a Moloch.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Game's not much longer than Risen 1 from what I can see (Chapter 3 now), but it's better bang for buck in the sense that it doesn't reuse a smaller overworld to the same extent R1 does, and despite problems with early game, the progression of taking on different enemies is better done. I'm hoping that the finale will also be decent, unlike the PB tradition of boring, but, OK, who am I kidding in the world of RPGs there is no hope only soft toilet paper

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally got a shield and a rifle. My chances of survival has improved by 5%. Doing some quests for other factions before joining the Berserkers, as it seems like the best way to get more quests.

Question: ElEX during or the stronger version? I'm more interested in raising attribute points, tbh.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Glad to see the cult of Elex is shaping up to the likes of AoD and Underrail.

I found another mountain troll near the pipes to the south and again that was definitely not there, also it is open field, pretty hard to miss.

So I went back and looked at the footage of me in the area the first time (perks of doing a review and having 1.3 TB of footage). It was a stone claw near the pipes and a ripper near the teleporter. No Mountain Trolls in sight.

Also the mutants a bit two the left were dudes and rotboars. Now there is a moloch.

Which pipes, you mean south of the north Abessa converter?

I don’t know why you’d expect the monsters to stand in exactly the same place. They move around within a zone. There’s a troll right near dome city, for example, but it’s easy to walk right past because it’s within a depression.

Tigranes

Arcane
I finally got a shield and a rifle. My chances of survival has improved by 5%. Doing some quests for other factions before joining the Berserkers, as it seems like the best way to get more quests.

Question: ElEX during or the stronger version? I'm more interested in raising attribute points, tbh.

I've generally used all my elex for attribute, the cost rise later means I'm always short that & very rarely short on skill points (in which case I drink the strong elex i've found in my travels).

Anyone completed the whole House something puzzle? I found five or six pieces. And I thought that's the pieces you put up on the wall in your home, but now I can't seem to update the wall.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

So I went back and looked at the footage of me in the area the first time (perks of doing a review and having 1.3 TB of footage). It was a Stone Claw near the pipes and a Ripper near the Teleporter. No Mountain Trolls in sight.

Also the mutants a bit too the left were dudes and Rotboars. Now there is a Moloch.

Level scaling in a PB game is a little hard to believe tbh.

ortucis

Prophet
Good luck using ANY cleric power in that clurseterfuck cause it WILL end up hitting one of the fellow Clerics and what's their logical response while duking it out with 3 Alb mechs and multiple soldiers? Turn around and try to kill me, ALL OF THEM, for hitting them even once. Also, they were so hell-bent on martyring that EBIAUSDHGFO guy that no matter what you do, you cannot save him. I reloaded and tried over and over replaying that fight, but they just kill him as fast as possible to make him a hero in the story..

I hit allies plenty of times while fighting in other contexts, and they seemed to be pretty forgiving of a few hits here and there, similar to previous PB games. I wonder if you hit them too many times, or if there's something different about that fight, or something?

When allies are with you, in YOUR team, they don't care. I was using blackhole on my ally units who were with me.

When allies are the ones who are in combat with other enemies, then they will attack you the moment you hit them with anything. This has happened to me a LOT and now the game went full retard using dumb AI in a quest like this.

I could've completed that quest alone since enemies were a joke (seriously, with my skills their Mechs go down in 3 hits), but PB wanted to make it "Cinematic" so went full twat scripting a quest this way. I was laughing so hard listening to Nasty command Cleric robots into battle while the robots being robots, just stood their with no emotions at all.

Also, I like how one second I was talking to a separatist Alb inside a converter and a simple dialogue choice suddenly teleports me to outside with our hero monologuing, ushering in an abrupt CHAPTER 2. I couldn't stop laughing at that, especially when cinematic ended and my team made flew in like a fly with a Jet all the way from converter entrance.

You can't parry 2-handers with a one-handed weapon. Can anyone confirm if you can parry 2-handers with a 2-handed weapon? Can strong attacks be parried?

Also, has anyone discovered what the hell Parry Strength ability actually does? The description is retarded.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
When allies are the ones who are in combat with other enemies, then they will attack you the moment you hit them with anything. This has happened to me a LOT and now the game went full retard using dumb AI in a quest like this.
I've killed people who were fighting on my side in a hectic battle because they got hit by me swinging my two-handed weapon. Maybe it has something to do with how damage over time effects work, but as long as friendlies are engaged with an enemy anything I do to them doesn't matter, at least when playing melee.
Also, has anyone discovered what the hell Parry Strength ability actually does? The description is retarded.
As far as I'm aware it reduces the amount of stamina you lose when blocking attacks. I don't think it's possible to fully block two-handed attacks, you do however reduce the damage you take. Sadly you usually get staggered and chain-attacked after, so it doesn't matter as much.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

Level scaling in a PB game is a little hard to believe tbh.

Pretty sure it's random-ish, not scaled. When I was doing damage type tests near the airfield, there was always a screamer, a mutant, and a mantis insect, but the fourth monster was random when I first ported in. Sometimes it was a chimera, slugbeast, or stoneclaw.

Pretty sure these are random spawns pulled from a list.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I think I might have done every single quest you can possibly do in Chapter 1 without joining a faction. I'm level 28. I might find some more, going to look around some. Still not sure what faction to join yet.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
I brought a gift to my beloved Berserker friends

bOMghTZ.jpg

rddMjvm.jpg

ortucis

Prophet
I've killed people who were fighting on my side in a hectic battle because they got hit by me swinging my two-handed weapon. Maybe it has something to do with how damage over time effects work, but as long as friendlies are engaged with an enemy anything I do to them doesn't matter, at least when playing melee.

Like I said, if they are with you, it doesn't matter. They don't retaliate.

In Cleric quest, my own faction members start attacking me cause I hit them accidentally, ignoring their sword enemies beating the crap out of them. All because those members are not in my team (my team doesn't attack me). Nobody told the quest designer how stupid the AI was and what not to do with it.

How do you guys level uo so quickly? I habe played 20 hours more nd still on level 10

I leveled up slow as well. Was spending more time exploring and looting stuff. But do quests which are easy (require talking only), and wear items which give XP boost. I ignored all combat related ones until I was done finishing every pansy quest.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Like I said, if they are with you, it doesn't matter. They don't retaliate.
Not exactly sure what you mean by "team" here. Your companion? Because that's not what I'm talking about.

Just had a merchant who got attacked by reavers. Accidentally hit him 3 or 4 times, almost killed him at the end, but once every reaper was dead I just sheathed my weapon and he went on to live happily ever after.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anybody here read German?

Looks like the devs did an interview about the attribute concern:

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/elex-attribute-ohne-wirkung-feature-und-kein-bug,3321408.html

I do not read German, but the poster on the original site says they confirm the game is working as planned.

TLDR. is attributes doing nothing is PB's intention. Game is 'HUGE' so for difficulty to remain relevant throughout only gear (weapons) does shit. Some skill descriptions are garbage but deal with it.

That is... quite sad. Although it's already been suspected for a long time.
I was hoping that wouldn't be true. That perhaps you need certain skills to unlock attribute effects (like in G2 Strength being added to damage only on critical hits - which depend on weapon skill).
While there still is character progression, specialization is apparently not rewarded. There is no incentive to go higher then ability/gear requirements with stats. With enough time and effort you can apparently master everything (well except the faction specific skills). A shame. I dislike this kind of design.
I mean character development wise Fallout 4 forces more specialization then this...

ArchAngel

Arcane

Putting a different stronger enemy into area is not level scaling. Even BG2 did that. I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
They said it made enough to make Elex 2 for sure, but you already knew that.

Also to come back to this^

If they made enough from what, 100k copies sold, that only proves my earlier theory that PB is being managed by insanely competent people.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If they made enough from what, 100k copies sold, that only proves my earlier theory that PB is being managed by insanely competent people business-savvy happy merchants that wouldn't be able to design themselves out of a paper bag.
I fixed that for you.

Even with these successes, what are the chances we'll see any of the issues fixed? I'd say somewhere between zero and none.

PC masterrace retards who think everything else than mouse and keyboard sucks belong in gulags. Or are you one of those geniuses who insist on playing their fighting games, flight and racing sims with mouse/kb? Consoletards who buy FPSs belong in gulags. But guess what, even PC players are so retarded nowadays that some of them prefer to play FPSs with gamepads—they also belong in gulags.

I agree though, a game like ELEX should have been developed for mouse and keyboard. But it's been obvious for a while, since they first showed the UI to be precise, that this game was developed for controllers. Retarded decision on PB's end, but technically this game sucks anyway, so that's just one little aspect of that.
First of all, you're a fucking console tard that belongs in a fucking gulag. No joke.

Second, no, yeah, I understand that there are games that play better on console than on PC. Platformers in general and beat 'em ups comes to mind. There's probably a couple of other categories that I can't think of right now because it's early and I have a headache.

Thing is, though, Elex isn't any of those things.

Would you eat soup with a fork?
No, I eat it with a spoon. Or better yet, drink it straight out of the bowl and then eat the pieces with a fork. But whatever.

Do you eat steak with a spoon?

Because Elex is a steak designed to be eaten with a spoon.

Last edited:

axedice

Cipher
Since attributes > all , is it worth to wait until lvl7 and dump everything on INT to take the "Attribute" skill (+1 attribute point /level) as early as possible? I was hoping to find a laz0r and start killing some stuff around level 7-8 but I guess non-combat quests carry you past 10 easily?

Also which companion to take in the beginning? I just float on rooftops and shoot some arrows while the companion takes the beating / dishes the damage. Any difference between them? I have Arx, Caju and Duras atm.

I read somewhere that xp potions can be upgraded to attribute potions. If thats possible where is the recipe? Should I hoard my mats for later more effective recipes or craft and use them asap?

Doing the domed city quests right now, I thought empowering the separatist albs would improve the city's defenses but is it wrongthink? Maybe the ex pitworker guy is a better fit since he isn't all high and mighty about being op, but the asshole alb chick really seems to know what she's doing. Or maybe I'm a sucker for her lies

Volken

Scholar
Since attributes > all , is it worth to wait until lvl7 and dump everything on INT to take the "Attribute" skill (+1 attribute point /level) as early as possible? I was hoping to find a laz0r and start killing some stuff around level 7-8 but I guess non-combat quests carry you past 10 easily?

Also which companion to take in the beginning? I just float on rooftops and shoot some arrows while the companion takes the beating / dishes the damage. Any difference between them? I have Arx, Caju and Duras atm.

I read somewhere that xp potions can be upgraded to attribute potions. If thats possible where is the recipe? Should I hoard my mats for later more effective recipes or craft and use them asap?

Doing the domed city quests right now, I thought empowering the separatist albs would improve the city's defenses but is it wrongthink? Maybe the ex pitworker guy is a better fit since he isn't all high and mighty about being op, but the asshole alb chick really seems to know what she's doing. Or maybe I'm a sucker for her lies

You can get necklace and ring which give +5 dex so I guess you can get Attribute perk at lvl 3 after you get Chemistry if you loot everything and abuse elex potions without getting to much exp to lvl up. ;) It's doable. I managed to get int to 50 at lvl 5 but I wasn't playing optimally. It would be even easier if you abuse crafting bugs for elexite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom