Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
so boobs and money bugs appear to be fixed soon TM

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is anyone playing as a pure mage? Is it doable? Is it fun? Or is it an afterthought in a game that wants you to swing weapons?

This would be extremely difficult. You can’t join a faction until you hit level 15–for me that was roughly 20 hours in. And you can’t get magic until you join a faction. You’d have to dodge every single fight the game throws at you until the Berserkers will take you in.

For what it is worth, I believe the Outlaws offered to recruit me at level 9. I didn't try with the Berserkers, and am working my way through the initiation quest for the Clerics, but so far that would be doable at a very early level (I haven't had to fight anything... yet).
Yeah you don't need to be lvl 15. You just need to do the quest line for the faction leader or trainer. Level 15 was only needed to move up to the second rank and level 25 is for the third rank.
Oh, neat, that explains why I couldn't buy the second rank earlier. Good thing I've got you here, telling me, because the game sure as hell didn't seem to be. I was wondering why I couldn't train Ranged Combat (or whatever it's called) to 2nd Rank yesterday, but then later I could after all. I was just sorta guessing that it was because I joined the faction. Top-tier design here, for sure.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is anyone playing as a pure mage? Is it doable? Is it fun? Or is it an afterthought in a game that wants you to swing weapons?

This would be extremely difficult. You can’t join a faction until you hit level 15–for me that was roughly 20 hours in. And you can’t get magic until you join a faction. You’d have to dodge every single fight the game throws at you until the Berserkers will take you in.

I joined clerics at level 3 or so. That instantly pushed me to level 7.
Level 15 was first promotion (acolyte to legate).

You can go anywhere in central Edan in the beginning
You just can go anywhere.

This was my travel after prologue:
Ignore Duras > jump right into exile lands > follow the coast > met outlaws > crossed desert > met people who told me where separatist main base is > met with main separatist leader which gave me like 3 levels and quest marks for all 3 factions > visited outlaws and helped cleric prisoner > traveled to cleric base > entered cleric base by grabbing trade goods while avoiding rape from level 200 animals > joined clerics by solving who is the drug guy quests (had to kill dude with 300 strikes to face but there is alternative way) > level +3000 xp +4000 4 to 7 right away, acolyte armor, psi amplifier, and plasma rifle later from somewhere.

Never play a PB game thinking like a robot vacuum cleaner
I can't fully agree. Game is designed to clean quests in the way they are presented in your quest log - from top (easiest, eden/abessa) to harder place (outlaws) to hardest (far north). In the easiest place you will even find "weakened" and "sick" regular enemies, while same enemies later can be skull enemies. So you do grab every quest because you need xp and it feels somewhat mmoish at times. Although many quests do not require fighting so you can solve them out of order.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I kind of wish I lived in a country where ELEX is a national treasure. The rest of the EU turns and salutes PB and Germany now here is a bunch of Large Bags of Money.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I kind of wish I lived in a country where ELEX is a national treasure. The rest of the EU turns and salutes PB and Germany now here is a bunch of Large Bags of Money.

Im sure the EU gave money to Uwe Boll for his movies too. Quality is not a concern to the EU.

MasPingon

Arcane
Played it for about an hour. None of you faggots noticed strong Outcast vibe? The beginning is very similar and Magalan reminds me of Adelpha. I want a mod which switch in game piece of shit music with this:

And I will be in heaven.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Last edited:

MasPingon

Arcane
E2EX is cuming
AND YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT
uzHGbtb.png
[/IMG]
uzHGbtb.png
translation plz

European Union gave PB 500k euros to fund ELEX 2.

Ultimate proof that EU is a german bitch. They can do more than an ordinary eu member. Fucking disgrace they just prop their game industry like that, with eu tax payer money. German game industry will still be shit though.

Wtf are you mumbling about? CDPR got a lot more from EU for Cyberpunk 2077, so what's your point?

frajaq

Erudite
Jesus what a shit fucking ending.

Well, whatever, it's a solid 8/10 game.

It was nice to have decent C&C and actually caring about money for once.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Wtf are you mumbling about? CDPR got a lot more from EU for Cyberpunk 2077, so what's your point?

Every sign on heaven and earth point that cyberpunk will be way better and successfull commercially product than elex 2. Still EU tax payer money shouldn't subsidize any businesses -this is a complete decline. Sadly it's a common practice, but that doesn't make it right.

odrzut

Arcane
Countries subsidize art, news at 11. Go burn library of congress or some museum where you live.

Also "EU tax payer shouldn't subsidize any business" means creating state companies for all the things EU does. Like building roads, airports, stadiums, etc, managing bank transfers between countries, communication, sending sattellites to space, researching stuff.

It's not only insane, it would also make EU more communist.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter

Every sign on heaven and earth point that cyberpunk will be way better and successfull commercially product than elex 2. Still EU tax payer money shouldn't subsidize any businesses -this is a complete decline. Sadly it's a common practice, but that doesn't make it right.
for now the only certain thing of cyberpunk is the release date: 2077

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Countries subsidize art, news at 11. Go burn library of congress or some museum where you live.

Arts patronage system like it was ages ago was way superior, than country ministry subsidizing anything -it reeks of corruption and wasting money, just like ministry of sports in many countries[for example US somehow can manage without ministry of sports, and many european countries can't...]

for now the only certain thing of cyberpunk is the release date: 2077

CDProjekt RED current track record suggest a game of a quality, whereas PB suggest the same reheated meal of mediocre quality.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Oh look, an angry little cunt who refuses to take its ELEX.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom