Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, when I see Heavy Arms in Elex and I got a bit excited. Is there like a minigun or grenade launcher weapon I can mostly use with 2Handy? Bows and rifles are kinda lame.

i have seen grenade launcher, RPGs, flamethrower in videos, hasnt found any tho. I did find some missiles ammos and rockets
I got a grenade launcher from the outlaw Hunter's chest, mission item though.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
You can romance nasty apparently.

411300_20171023194209_1.png

411300_20171023182513_1.png

411300_20171023182538_1.png

411300_20171023182539_1.png

411300_20171023182541_2.png

411300_20171023182541_1.png

411300_20171023182901_1.png

411300_20171024040711_1.png

And that's how Bioware started,sooner or later the game will get flocked by degenerates asking devs to make everything that moves and has a pulse fuckable

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Why can't you read the thread or just the last few pages or demo the game or read some reviews?

I'm not very interested in the game in general, so reading 70 pages for it isn't on my bucket list. A simple yes or no would suffice.

The answer, is NO, faggot. You won't have time for this game. Get back to your bucket list and posting 3000 messages on the forum. You obviously have better things to do and this will just frustrate your busy mind.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Also, I must sadly report my Elex adventures have come to a premature end.
Due to a bug, my main quest is unfixably broken.

Remember when I said I can't talk to Caja anymore due to a bug? That she's stuck in "pissed off" mode, like when you steal from an NPC and they are briefly unable to talk to you because they are angry? One step of the main quest requires me to talk to her. Nothing I do helps - I can't hit her, having NPCs knock her out doesn't help, teleporting doesn't help, reloading doesn't help.
There isn't a Spell Of Conciliation (or something similar) in ELEX? There was one in all of the previous PB games.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Also, I must sadly report my Elex adventures have come to a premature end.
Due to a bug, my main quest is unfixably broken.

Remember when I said I can't talk to Caja anymore due to a bug? That she's stuck in "pissed off" mode, like when you steal from an NPC and they are briefly unable to talk to you because they are angry? One step of the main quest requires me to talk to her. Nothing I do helps - I can't hit her, having NPCs knock her out doesn't help, teleporting doesn't help, reloading doesn't help.

Welp, we had a good run.

ELEX

Just go straight into Ice Palace, try to kill everyone and see what happens. Maybe you'll get end screen in the end.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
When I talk to him, the only option is: "Do we make a good team?", he says yes and then DURAS RESPECTS YOU comes on screen. He doesn't come with you though. Some "respect" that is. Could be a bug.
Haha, yeah, the whole Duras thing is fucking hilariously bad. You go do a long-ass questline for him, in multiple areas that you reasonably shouldn't even be in for most of the game, judging by the opponents there, and his like for you goes from Neutral to "True Friend", and then he can come with you and he pretends like you're the best friends for lyfe. If you actually engaged in the game in a sensible manner ("Hurr durr don't pump 200 arrows into an enemi just don't go there") you wouldn't acquire Duras until you're level 15 or something.

I think they intended for you to go for pure combat skills in the beginning, get the next tier of weapon, beeline it for the quest to pick up the Converter parts (which was hilariously bugged for me, btw, obviously, since this is Elex we're talking about), and at the end of that area, pick up the autistic CNPC and just faceroll pretty much all enemies ever, because he's absolutely fucking insane with his ranged weapon - as long as you don't try to get the high ground, because then the idiot starts to shoot into the ground, because this is Elex and the AI is retarded.

harhar!

Augur
When I talk to him, the only option is: "Do we make a good team?", he says yes and then DURAS RESPECTS YOU comes on screen. He doesn't come with you though. Some "respect" that is. Could be a bug.
Haha, yeah, the whole Duras thing is fucking hilariously bad. You go do a long-ass questline for him, in multiple areas that you reasonably shouldn't even be in for most of the game, judging by the opponents there, and his like for you goes from Neutral to "True Friend", and then he can come with you and he pretends like you're the best friends for lyfe. If you actually engaged in the game in a sensible manner ("Hurr durr don't pump 200 arrows into an enemi just don't go there") you wouldn't acquire Duras until you're level 15 or something.

I think they intended for you to go for pure combat skills in the beginning, get the next tier of weapon, beeline it for the quest to pick up the Converter parts (which was hilariously bugged for me, btw, obviously, since this is Elex we're talking about), and at the end of that area, pick up the autistic CNPC and just faceroll pretty much all enemies ever, because he's absolutely fucking insane with his ranged weapon - as long as you don't try to get the high ground, because then the idiot starts to shoot into the ground, because this is Elex and the AI is retarded.

I was able to take him with me after talking to Irdor.

Also, his quest could have been one of the best in the game, if they just trusted the player to figure out what happened, instead of Jax just doing all the work.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The part with the early quests that send you in zones where you really don't have absolutely no power is complete bullshit,basically the game keeps teasing you like a nasty whore,see this big bad fella over here,well you can't touch him till you are 30 hours into the game,be a good boy and grind some fetch quests till you start tickling their balls,MMO crap design 101.The problem is that these monsters are not special and they are on every inch of the map,there's no lore behind them,their placement is not well crafted, and most of the time I don't see why you should fight them ,especially when a quest that puts you to pick flowers gives you 800xp and killing a troll gives 300xp,the whole map feels straight out of a random world map generator.The world building in this game pales compared to it's predecessors and almost any open world rpg out there.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

Does it make sense that Duras idolizes you after doing the companion quest? YES.

He murdered someone and you helped him cover it up! If you rat on him instead he tries to kill you. Makes sense to me—that’s a pretty binary situation. If an acquaintance I barely knew covered up a murder for me, that person would totally be my new best friend, too.

As for the other stuff, not to beat a dead horse, but JET PACK. You can go anywhere in central Edan in the beginning, or even Abessa near the roads, just by being a little clever about evasion. The Germans know all about making people run away.

And when we say run away, no one means that you shouldn’t go there (at least when it comes to the relatively safer zones). Until I was level seven or so I’d let all but the weakest enemies charge me, jet pack over their heads, and then sprint in the direction I was already heading. Works okay as long as you don’t hit a second mob before you lose the first one. But I do agree about Arx—after him the whole world opens up. Plus they give you lots of cliffs and containers to jump on for quick escapes all down that Edan to Abessa highway.

I disagree about the converter quest. Those two Albs in front of the entrance are pretty forbidding and the damn cut scene might as well scream “come back later when you’re less of a weakling.”

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
The part with the early quests that send you in zones where you really don't have absolutely no power is complete bullshit,basically the game keeps teasing you like a nasty whore,see this big bad fella over here,well you can't touch him till you are 30 hours into the game,be a good boy and grind some fetch quests till you start tickling their balls,MMO crap design 101.The problem is that these monsters are not special and they are on every inch of the map,there's no lore behind them,their placement is not well crafted, and most of the time I don't see why you should fight them ,especially when a quest that puts you to pick flowers gives you 800xp and killing a troll gives 300xp,the whole map feels straight out of a random world map generator.The world building in this game pales compared to it's predecessors and almost any open world rpg out there.

You don’t have to like it, but yes, Elex teases you with these high level enemies in low level regions. It adds a whole new significance to unlocking stronger gear. In a lot of ways this is a game about anticipation. You need to be able to delay gratification or you won’t enjoy it.

Again, though, this is all deliberate. It’s the furthest thing from random. Elex is trying to tease you. And it’s not like a whore at all—you’re bitching because the game won’t let you into its pants from the getgo. You have to romance Elex; invest some time and attention or you’ll never reach the promised land. If anything, Elex is kind of a prude.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
In other news,

Steam sales has reached 100k

http://steamspy.com/app/411300
+ gog and consoles i hope it is already profitable and we will be ready for ELEX 2

100k sales in one week for a game with a 6 million euro budget and 3 year dev cycle is excellent. Add GOG and console sales and they probably got 200k in the bag.

ELEX 2 comet.

CreamyBlood

Arcane

I see you haven't learned how to use a space bar or <return> key yet. Have you considered re-taking a ninth grade refresher course? I've read piles of crap from people using ESL but they got better over time and I was able to interpret their points. You don't seem able to progress. People might actually read your thoughts if you learned how to present them. Walls of shit.

Of course, that doesn't mean I think you're saying anything of value but if you learned how to structure it more people might actually read it.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

You don’t have to like it, but yes, Elex teases you with these high level enemies in low level regions. It adds a whole new significance to unlocking stronger gear. In a lot of ways this is a game about anticipation. You need to be able to delay gratification or you won’t enjoy it.

Again, though, this is all deliberate. It’s the furthest thing from random. Elex is trying to tease you. And it’s not like a whore at all—you’re bitching because the game won’t let you into its pants from the getgo. You have to romance Elex; invest some time and attention or you’ll never reach the promised land. If anything, Elex is kind of a prude.

Anticipation to what, to fight high level monsters with the AI of a brick wall

This is almost every fight with a high level monster, there's no challenge when you get to their level, you need to fight them under leveled just to give them a chance, it's pathetic and whoever think this abomination represents what good gameplay is should hang himself .

Elex

Arbiter

duras joined me after reporting to him the first interrogation the guy sleeping in the forest.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Is anyone playing as a pure mage? Is it doable? Is it fun? Or is it an afterthought in a game that wants you to swing weapons?

This would be extremely difficult. You can’t join a faction until you hit level 15–for me that was roughly 20 hours in. And you can’t get magic until you join a faction. You’d have to dodge every single fight the game throws at you until the Berserkers will take you in.

For what it is worth, I believe the Outlaws offered to recruit me at level 9. I didn't try with the Berserkers, and am working my way through the initiation quest for the Clerics, but so far that would be doable at a very early level (I haven't had to fight anything... yet).
Yeah you don't need to be lvl 15. You just need to do the quest line for the faction leader or trainer. Level 15 was only needed to move up to the second rank and level 25 is for the third rank.

Jinn

Arcane
I just finished the quest for Katta the exiled Berserkeress and it was great. The quest design itself wasn't all that amazing, but just how everything shook out was a joy. Goddamn this game hates Drog by the way.

I don't play with any quest markers, so this might seem more remarkable to me than for someone who does.

So yeah, Drog is an asshole, taking advantage of poor little weak me in my first hours of the game. Always wanted to get revenge on him. Was just planning on murdering him sometime when I had risen in the ranks of the Berserkers, but one day I was exploring the southern coast of the continent and spotted an island in swimable distance. When I arrived, I thought that it was just a little surprise island to find a few things scattered about on, but instead it was an island of Berserker exiles. Katta was there and I had almost forgotten that anyone had ever mentioned anything to me about her and her banishment for allegedly stealing some items around Goliet. She seemed a little shady, but certainly didn't seem to deserve this fate, so I decided to help clear her name which Drog had besmirched (maybe). She directs me to our shifty friend Alrik, and I go about executing his plan to frame Drog by stealing valuables from two other Berserker's chests while they are sleeping, leaving behind claws as false evidence, then planting the valuables in Drog's chest. By morning time, Drog had been exiled, Katta had taken his place as the guard of the front gate, I had gained a new ally and my long sought after revenge.

These kinds of quests feel so rewarding within the context of the world and the established, ongoing relationships between the characters in it. This is the kind of stuff that was partially the cause for my enchantment with PB way back in 2001, and I am overjoyed to be able to experience something like that when I never thought I'd be able to again.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
there is a quest that ask you to find and recover the elex stolen by a guard called Ark
i finded him and he have a named mutant next to it i talk to them and they attacked me and i killed them

later in the domed city a guy ask about Ark and his brother so i suppose the quest have an alternate solution.

someone know what happen if you talk first with the berseker in the domed city?

Raapys

Arcane
Is anyone playing as a pure mage? Is it doable? Is it fun? Or is it an afterthought in a game that wants you to swing weapons?
It's very doable, arguably overpowered(though perhaps not compared to ranged energy weapons, which appear to be even more absurd). That's with PSI though, I think berserker magic is less powerful. The trick is getting to a high level without wasting points in all the other skills, but once you learn the game mechanics it's not really that difficult to get to level 10 or even 15 without investing in any attribute points. You'll want those attributes for Int and spell-related skills.

That said, it's a fairly bland way of playing the game. The black hole spell is the most powerful and also the coolest spell you'll get, but you'll be using it for the rest of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom