Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So with rings one can buff stats from 75 to 85 but are still unable to learn melee/ranged 3. What's even the fucking point then?

brb gonna brew more potions then

Björn wtf man

gxRy3LN.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Only natural stats count for skill requirements, sorry.

Chug more Elex...

Honestly, that's the answer to any complaint.

Monsters too strong? Chug more Elex.
Skills require too high stats? Chug more Elex.
Poor? Chug more Elex to get hunting / pickpocketing.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Outlaws are fucking crazy

This.

The way the quest with the Kid ends is ridiculous and pure villain territory.

It is like the designers went out of their way to make them look bad, which is very meh imho. The lawless guys in G1/G2/R1 had ups and downs but were generally bros with each other.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Honestly I think it's a lot to do with how we are hard-wired now to trust science and technology such that it seems impossible to imagine anything good coming out of abandoning it. It's like book-burning.
Well that really depends, modern media presents nature lovers as good pocahontas saviors, while science people with robots as villains too often actually. Skyrim larpers live in harmony and honor, and so on. They also get starting location so most players would probably trust those the most.

I don't know how any faction would play out in the end though or where the story goes, so I just picked them for a few reasons at same time:
- practical (they have tech to defeat albs, they are supposed to have beter equipment than bows and axes) - but game systems actually do not support that at all sadly.
- nonconformist (don't want to be happy tree hugger or liberal cowboy) - some clerics turned out to be nice and people persons.
- challenge (so what if I travel whole map on foot at level 1 and try and join faction in endgame location?) - this one proved most fruitful with gifts of having jedi mind trick and spellblasting very quickly, and people DO react to you to being a cleric and you get free pass at some places.

But eventually be you cleric or outlaw you still grind mostly same quests and content. And I feel game is very cheeky so I never thought of any moral dilemmas of joining - I did not sit there just staring on the screen and trying to think how le fuck I save stubborn Brotherhood in New Vegas. I am not invested in characters in this game a lot.

Surprisingly, nobody tried to brainwash me, kidnap me, there were like 3 repentants in boothes and first quest there is high ranked brother who get punished for breaking law regardless of his status which is nice.

Also I swear their girls are too positive, especially Martha who is kindest cook in game lol.

Batman-Superman-Martha.jpg

Last edited:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This.

It is like the designers went out of their way to make them look bad, which is very meh imho. The lawless guys in G1/G2/R1 had ups and downs but were generally bros with each other.

The designers went out of their way to make ALL the factions look bad. There's no place for good guys in a post apocalyptic setting.

Murk

Arcane
There's definitely a vicious underbelly to the Berserkers' dealings. They present themselves as warrior-hippies at first, but learning about the valley of the damned kind of clarifies that they're extremists.

So far the Outlaws have the most appeal to me in no small part because of their nihilistic bend (and also because the 2nd Outlaw I met was Max and he explained his "grenade trick".)

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I finally decided to get a shield and holy molly, it makes a great difference.

I want to stay melee, will outlaws do fine for that? I didn't have time to interact with the Outlaws and Clerics yet.

Tigranes

Arcane
Shadenuat the idealisation of 'nature-loving harmony' has been a recurring theme throughout modernity, e.g. certain strands of romanticism. But usually this is a way to satisfy our discontent at technology before acknowledging that it is inevitable and anyway we probably like it more than throwing our buckets of shit outside the window medieval style. I think a lot of folks are much more comfortable with Berserkers tree-hugging but a lot less so with chucking guns into the Pit. I really don't see how clerics are 'noncomformist' though, they literally have a FO2 hubologist style brainwashed preacher.

Anyway, yeah, it's Elex, not FNV, so I don't worry too much about it. If the game is good enough for tha tlong I'll try all the factions. My opening bet was that melee was going to be where it's at as it's a PB game, and I'm having fun with it so far. Probably next time I'll metagame with professional Combat Evader picking up Suggestion very early and trying it on convs.

Elex

Arbiter
So with rings one can buff stats from 75 to 85 but are still unable to learn melee/ranged 3. What's even the fucking point then?

brb gonna brew more potions then

Björn wtf man

gxRy3LN.jpg
equip items
Only natural stats count for skill requirements, sorry.

Chug more Elex...

Honestly, that's the answer to any complaint.

Monsters too strong? Chug more Elex.
Skills require too high stats? Chug more Elex.
Poor? Chug more Elex to get hunting / pickpocketing.
the dev have put the answer to all problem in game in the title

Gepeu said:
I finally decided to get a shield and holy molly, it makes a great difference.

I want to stay melee, will outlaws do fine for that? I didn't have time to interact with the Outlaws and Clerics yet.

All factions are melee to some degree or another. Even the Clerics and Albs carry war hammers on their backs.

Outlaws are big on chain swords.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Chain swords are super fun. Strictly-speaking I think Berserkers are best for melee due to the (really useful IMO) melee-centric spells they get -- but chain swords are pretty much just as strong as Berserker melee weapons, but are way more fun to use. I think they have better animations, too.

My axe does a ton of damage but its animation is garbage. The power attack has a tiny range and the third or fourth swing always goes wide and misses.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Game difficulty is imbalanced. The monsters are too strong, even for npcs. Went to a farm from which clerics were demanding supplies. Instead of killing them myself I drew aggro from a dinosaur who killed them easily. This is how I kill groups of enemies, by luring in strong monsters. They should make the monsters weaker, it makes no sense lore wise. If so dangerous monsters roam the land how can the faction patrols even get work done. They'd be all dead and the cities would starve to death.

That's the Monster faction :)

ortucis

Prophet
At least Clerics don't kill people for everything, they just brainwash them.

You need to visit their local executioner for a perspective on their opinion about killing unbelievers and heretics. Hagan has a strong opinion as well.
Also, the whole Wolf-Eli scenario...

I have visited him already. But compared to other clans, the Clerics still prefer "salvation" through brainwashing in most cases. Way better than just exiling skilled people to a fucking island or a forest to chop wood all day.

Still, I'd rather start my own faction and fuck over all these clans. But the game won't let me, so for now, guys with mechs and the power of force suggestion, seem like a good idea. :salute:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I really don't see how clerics are 'noncomformist' though, they literally have a FO2 hubologist style brainwashed preacher.
I meant, people esp. in games (where idea of secret evil cult is one of the designer's favorites) do not have high opinion on religion nowadays so if these folk are religious they must be all backwards and evil!

So of course I am in. Even in 1st Gothic in 1st playthrough I joined weedsmokers because what other game allowed you to join a party like that.

Best review (until they spoil it by mentioning FO4 and Ass Effect 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xou7Iwg6PVc&feature=youtu.be&t=104
"I am a cyber wizard from death desert of xacor"

"Bullying unshaved rpg from germania"

Last edited:
So.. anybody see explosive bolts for sale reliably?

Is this a confirmed bug, or did they really intend for a whole 25 to exist in the entirety of the game world?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chain swords are super fun. Strictly-speaking I think Berserkers are best for melee due to the (really useful IMO) melee-centric spells they get -- but chain swords are pretty much just as strong as Berserker melee weapons, but are way more fun to use. I think they have better animations, too.

My axe does a ton of damage but its animation is garbage. The power attack has a tiny range and the third or fourth swing always goes wide and misses.

I was upgrading the chainsword and zerker's horned sword side-by-side and the chainsword did less damage.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Berserkers are doing good work with their world hearts. They even do it without profiting from it directly. But their hatred of technology is a big no because it is irrational. It's interesting that they use magic. In the beginning I thought Elex was Gothic in the far future but a thought occurred while I was listening to one of the endless exposition dialogues.
What if Gothic is the future of Elex, a future where berserkers won and merged with the clerics who later became followers of Innos.

ArchAngel

Arcane

This.

The designers went out of their way to make ALL the factions look bad. There's no place for good guys in a post apocalyptic setting.
And there are non bad major factions in real life? Please show me one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom