Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Retrospective Gaming video channel guy

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
I was looking through some UnderRail video reviews recently and came across this young American's video channel.

The guy went shopping with his mum aged 12 and chanced upon the Morrowind set and bought it with his pocket money as he liked the graphics. Since then has played the game about 20 times over the years using various character builds. He loves the game!

Unfortunately the poor guy moved from PC to console and then was lost in the wilderness for the next nine years.

Although he did play games like Jade Empire, Fable, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim some JRPGs.

In 2013 I guess he was old enough to buy his own PC or buy his own PC games and remembered his good old days with RPG games.

He did some research on "good computer RPG" and came across RPG Codex and RPGWatch.

He did not realise there were so many RPG on PC so decided to choose a few based on what was being said:

Gothic 1
Baldur's Gate
Fallout 1 and 2
Might and Magic VII
Wizardy 8

He loved all these games - so well done to the Codex.

So check his video about why he loves RPG games and see some of his reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx6pOrGYOn0

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
That list is bad.

Actually, before my Codex membership, I had not rated those games at all, having tried a few of them in the midst of time.

However, Fallout 1 and 2 were pretty good, much better than I originally thought. Basically I have stopped myself from playing them as I can see me doing a few play throughs trying different things.

Wizardry 8 sort of knocked my socks off, quite close to a perfect blobber.

BG is on my list of PST and M&M VII had some potential for me to play.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That list is bad.

Actually, before my Codex membership, I had not rated those games at all, having tried a few of them in the midst of time.

However, Fallout 1 and 2 were pretty good, much better than I originally thought. Basically I have stopped myself from playing them as I can see me doing a few play throughs trying different things.

Wizardry 8 sort of knocked my socks off, quite close to a perfect blobber.

BG is on my list of PST and M&M VII had some potential for me to play.
Yeah there are a few good ones, on that list of 90000000000 games.

TOUGH GUY

Educated
I like his enthusiasm. He seems to have really enjoyed a lot of (relatively) older role-playing games and had heaps of wholesome fun with them. That's neat!

Howdy

So. Dis guys cadence. Is fucked up. So. I stopped da. Video. So. RPG games do'.

Mustawd

Yah, it's not the best and his talking has a bunch of unnecessary filler. But I like his Fallout1/Fallout2 enthusiasm. I subscribed.

duanth123

Arcane
I was looking through some UnderRail video reviews recently and came across this young American's video channel.

The guy went shopping with his mum aged 12 and chanced upon the Morrowind set and bought it with his pocket money as he liked the graphics. Since then has played the game about 20 times over the years using various character builds. He loves the game!

Unfortunately the poor guy moved from PC to console and then was lost in the wilderness for the next nine years.

Although he did play games like Jade Empire, Fable, New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim some JRPGs.

In 2013 I guess he was old enough to buy his own PC or buy his own PC games and remembered his good old days with RPG games.

He did some research on "good computer RPG" and came across RPG Codex and RPGWatch.

He did not realise there were so many RPG on PC so decided to choose a few based on what was being said:

Gothic 1
Baldur's Gate
Fallout 1 and 2
Might and Magic VII
Wizardy 8

He loved all these games - so well done to the Codex.

So check his video about why he loves RPG games and see some of his reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx6pOrGYOn0

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I saw some of his later videos and he is either better working with a script or he became more confident over time. He still needs to read through his script or bullet points a bit more thoroughly to avoid repetition because you can tell he doesn't record it all in one go and maybe isn't aware when he overuses certain phrases. Watch his latest STALKER review and count how many times he starts a sentence with "Now".

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
How do we know OP isn't this guy just advertising his channel?

OP must be the only person in the world that talks in American accent and also has extensive knowledge of Jeremy Corbyn.

He must have played Morrowind on his first PC

BBCB.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Hello.......... in dis video.......... I am going to read dees werdz I haf written down....... because I am really dumb.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
For the record I'm not the guy, it's just that no one is willing to break my combo.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Finally he tackles Vogel's masterpiece. :obviously:

I somehow completely phased out the fact game has just one song.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You don't like PEEEEEEEDIEPAAAAAAAAH BROOOOOOS?! BSLGJLSAJGSALGASGAAAAAH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom