Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

PrettyDeadman

Since you're thinking about stopping climbing stuff, I'll just say that there is one of the most useful utility armour pieces on top of one of the tallest structures in the game. Which one? Nobody knows!
Happy climbing, heh.
Is that the same utility piece which is sold by almost every wandering trader and most faction traders?

Do the traders sell the same modification as Alrik? No, if so, because the found variant of that item shows tech instead of life.
I meant sunglesses.

Me too.
All variant I found & bought gave you x-ray vision which showed all items.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Anyone found any good stuff while pickpocketing? Found this in Tavar:

Off of Doc's bodyguard.
EioHWoL.jpg

And that's just with the first rank of the skill, do additional ranks just increase the chances of success, or do you see more loot with them?

bataille

Arcane
Since you're thinking about stopping climbing stuff, I'll just say that there is one of the most useful utility armour pieces on top of one of the tallest structures in the game. Which one? Nobody knows!
Happy climbing, heh.
Is that the same utility piece which is sold by almost every wandering trader and most faction traders?

Do the traders sell the same modification as Alrik? No, if so, because the found variant of that item shows tech instead of life.
I meant sunglesses.

Me too.
All variant I found & bought gave you x-ray vision which showed all items.

You're confused, there're at the very least 2 types of sunglasses: life- and tech-oriented. Traders sell the former, the latter is found on the very tall landmark.
Edit: I think there is the third pair, but I can't remember for the life of me what it is.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Guys, is this game well optimized or is the kind of game that cooks your computer? I have an republic of gamers laptop and i don´t know if it will heat up too much.
It runs like butter. Just don't turn up the scaling, scaling above 100 is pretty pointless and really decreases FPS.

Villagkouras

Arcane
How the FUCK I join the Berserkers. I did a ton of quests, nope, you have to do more Ragnar says.

There are some quest markers to talk to people, but they don't speak to me other than generic chat.

Any ideas?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
sigh

You were sent on a secret mission to be killed and now you're a nobody, the lowest of the low, the exact opposite of what you are in Bioware games.

- Factions are used just as extensively in Fallout 4. It ultimately boils down to the same quests with the same depth. You go too far in one faction, your excommunicated from the others. It really isn't that fucking amazing of a feature. We get the same shit factions in every Bethesda game.
It's like saying all RPGs have combat that gives you loot and experience, ergo all combat is the same. If you don't see the difference between Bethesda's faction design and PB's faction design, then you're willfully blind and this conversation is pointless.

No it's not. You haven't illustrated a single thing these factions do for gameplay / story that you can't say for Fallout 4.

- They give unique quests with Spare or Die Options
- They have unique rules and laws that drive the story for their Spare or Die Quests
- Choosing one Faction juxtaposes you to the other 2

K? And? What else? Dazzle me if it's so obvious.
"It's like saying all RPGs have combat that gives you loot and experience, ergo all combat is the same."

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
How the FUCK I join the Berserkers. I did a ton of quests, nope, you have to do more Ragnar says.

There are some quest markers to talk to people, but they don't speak to me other than generic chat.

Any ideas?

There's a lot of quests in The Fort as well, but only three of them matter as far as joining the Outlaws go. Did you do Ragnar's special quests yet?

Tigranes

Arcane

Any ideas?

When you ask him he should, classic PB fashion, list off all the things you did (or did badly) for their faction. That list should be at least half a dozen items long. Sounds like you just missed out on some quests?

Have you helped out the dudes growing spores? Have you addressed the peeves of the dude in the hut whining about standing guard near the spores? Have you aided the mage guy? Have you spoken to each of the warlords (3 including Ragnar each with their little thrones) for their own requests? What about the Alb hating dude near the huts next to the armoursmith? What about Jora? What about Shinda or whatever the foodmaster's name was? Have you dealt with the cleric sympathiser? The missing drunk dude? Duras' investigation? Talked to Ragnar's wife near him? There's a couple more I'm forgetting I think.

Alternatively you've done all the stuff but you've done many of them in a way the BErserkers don't like. In that case they should, I think, say that and give you a chance to redeem yourself. I don't think you have to do all the quests, but you need to do enough of them in a way they like the outcome so that they're convinced, I think? Or maybe you just need to specifically please the 3 warlords?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
This game's music is really growing on me. I think Björn really knew what he was doing now, a lot of the music is really emotional. One of the songs I heard when I entered Tavar was god tier. It may be a bit generic at times, but by a guy who hasn't really done professional music ever, I think he did superb. Some of the more techno stuff stuff like "Relict" is really good, and I love that the OST is experimental and really enjoys doing things it's own way most of the time (not always though) rather than doing things by the books.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, Clerics are stiff tech-fags with ranks such as Paladins and strict laws?
I haven't seen anything like this before...

Holy shit, that's disgusting. They've just ripped-off Brotherhood.

I thought so as well, except Clerics aren't as retarded as Brotherhood (at least not Bethesda's version) since they are open to trading with others, helping people and protecting the world instead of hoarding all tech.

That's why I joined them, not cause of their dumbfuck religion, which you can already learn about if you haven't even met the Clerics. While exploring, I kept finding fliers from a company inviting their people and their families to take part in "Natural Skies" project, taking their blood for tests. It's probably those scientists who discovered ELEX properties (few diary pages you find explain what happened in the beginning), but Natural Skies sounds like something that existed before comet crash, so I could be wrong.
well maybe was not a natural disaster. Maybe the comet was a space station or similar.

Not sure. Space station would do radiation damage, me thinks.

But "Natural Skies" fliers are shady, like "government doing experiments on people, turning them into mutants" shady. If you read all those fliers and notes you pick up, there are so many possibilities for what happened.

Also, for companion, Caja's quest is actually interesting since you start learning something new about ELEX itself.

I'm loving this game. No matter how generic the ending is going to be, the journey will be worth it.
Radiation damage? Like the fuckton of geiger counter beepbeepbeeepbeeepbeeeep :dead: around every corner?

Yeah, good thing there's none of that in the game :lol:

youhomofo

Augur
Are there binoculars or anything like that?

I keep wishing I had some way to zoom in. With all this great vertical exploration I have such a great field of view. It seems kind of wasteful not to be able to zoom in.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
- Factions are used just as extensively in Fallout 4. It ultimately boils down to the same quests with the same depth. You go too far in one faction, your excommunicated from the others. It really isn't that fucking amazing of a feature. We get the same shit factions in every Bethesda game.
It's like saying all RPGs have combat that gives you loot and experience, ergo all combat is the same. If you don't see the difference between Bethesda's faction design and PB's faction design, then you're willfully blind and this conversation is pointless.

No it's not. You haven't illustrated a single thing these factions do for gameplay / story that you can't say for Fallout 4.

- They give unique quests with Spare or Die Options
- They have unique rules and laws that drive the story for their Spare or Die Quests
- Choosing one Faction juxtaposes you to the other 2

K? And? What else? Dazzle me if it's so obvious.

Immortal, have you even bothered to play Elex because this is ridiculous.

I say again:

Unlike new Fallout, Elex has GAMEPLAY elements that are gated by faction. Psi powers for Clerics, magic and enchanted weapons for Berserkers, making/ taking drugs and crafting for outlaws. To the extent Fallout 4 even has skills, none of them are gated by faction. Who you side with does not impact how you play the game. Elex is the polar opposite.

Also, there’s way more choice and way more consequence with Elex’s factions in the early game. All the C&C for Fallout 4 is at the end. I accidentally destroyed Domed City in Elex by trying to play the factions off against each other in CHAPTER ONE.

But Vault Dweller is right: saying all factions have their own rules and all factions are in conflict or at least tension with each other is pretty much just defining the word faction—way to go, you get a ⭐️. It says nothing about either game. They both have factions; Elex’s are implemented much, much better.

Elex

Arbiter
Happy climbing, heh.

i have found:
life glasses
six sense glasses

i hope that some endgame hi tech helmet have the same stuff

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I just realised you can only equip one ring,why the fuck is that,does Jax has only one finger? So damn weak that you can't even wear two rings,poor fucking Jax

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hmm, factions that aren't just cosmetic? Is this 2017 or I got a time machine to the good old times? I'm confused, wasn't this game to be Risen 4 with sick LASOR guns? WTF is happening? Where did this incline came from? Did the germans wake up from their estrogen haze? It is impossible.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Who you side with does not impact how you play the game. Elex is the polar opposite.

Wrong, The entire last half of the game changes based on your faction choice in Fallout 4. Takes a google search.

--
I was just pointing out the hypocritical nature that a feature you love in one game is magically shit in another.
Nobody can even articulate why, so they fall back to lame rationalizations or vague statements.

Again as I keep saying and nobody ever challenges:

- You are a special commander for some faction of super soldiers who loses his powers and you rise up and lead a faction in a mission of revenge that only you can do. ( Snowflake Chosen One)
- The Factions give lame quests that rarely have branching or long term consequences (Spare or Kill Bioshit Sprinkled with Bethesda Tier Factions)
- Combat is essentially Left click when the little bar hits the other bar (Witcher 1 Timed DDR Combat that was universally shat on at the time but now has super depth and skill)
- LoLJetpacks (Andromeda)
- Game Journalists Hate it - It's amazing.

Have fun with your Gothic game that is totally not Bioware / Bethesda inspired euro trash.
It's not a big deal honestly, I would of stopped at one post but the way people get so defensive and angry honestly has been pretty fun.

I don't care anymore - NeoGaff is more exciting now.

:positive:

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
Combat feels a little jankey or clunky and companions suck ass, almost always they standby and leave me to fight by myself or end up causing my death, I hope they improve that shit. But the rest of the game is pretty damn good, really like some of the C&C and quests.

Wish if I could find better armor or improve what I got with some padding or shit so I don't get one shotted.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Whatever I do I cannot join the Berserkers. I have done every quest possible in Goliet and Warlord Fuckface keeps screaming EARN THOSE PLEDGES AND YOU MAY EARN THE CHANCE TO PROVE YOURSELF or whatever the fuck. At this point I'm done with the fucks in Goliet anyway. Only 2 or 3 normal people, everyone else are dipshits.
Oh wow. I asked him about it at night instead, even though I had completed no quests at all, and it worked.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
do you have a spare skill point

i have a theory it requires spending one to join a faction since faction status is placed under skill trees :M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Combat feels a little jankey or clunky and companions suck ass, almost always they standby and leave me to fight by myself or end up causing my death, I hope they improve that shit. But the rest of the game is pretty damn good, really like some of the C&C and quests.

Wish if I could find better armor or improve what I got with some padding or shit so I don't get one shotted.
What kind of pussy uses companions in a PB game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom