Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.lewdgamer.com/2017/10/20/patreon-community-guidelines-suspensions/

Changes to Patreon Community Guidelines Result in Account Suspensions

Following a change in the Patreon Community Guidelines, the site has been suspending accounts of adult creators, especially for incest and non-con.
On October 17th, Patreon changed their guidelines related to adult content, in order to add a far more restrictive language. The previous language of the adult content guidelines was as follows:

Patreon-Guideline-Changes-6.png

The new guidelines are more detailed and contain the following text. Of note is the more expansive and specific language being used:

Patreon-Guideline-Changes-5.png

This was followed later in the day by a blog post by Collin Sullivan, Patreon’s head of legal, who posted an explanation regarding the change in policy. The whole post can be found here; however, the key passages read as follows:

As part of updating the Community Guidelines, we’re taking a clearer stance on some fringe areas of Adult Content. Over the past few months, there’s been a lot of discussion among our Trust and Safety team about how we can better articulate how we evaluate certain areas of content. It became evident that we needed to outline a clearer stance on some fringe adult content. With today’s update, we’re also being more clear about specific categories of fictional erotic content that Patreon cannot be used to support (including incest, bestiality, sexual depiction of minors, and suggestive sexual violence).

We want to be clear that this stronger stance on fringe content has surfaced a small number of creators that need to update their pages. And that’s where the next update on our Trust and Safety commitments comes in.

We have implemented a better process for warning and guiding affected creators and content. We think it’s important for all creators to have a second chance, so a lot of these updates have been focused on appeal and reinstatement. In addition, all communications with creators include a chance for appeal. Some key parts of this update include:

Whenever possible, we’ll give creators a chance to change their Patreon page to bring the content back within the Community Guidelines. Aside from blatant violations of Community Guidelines (such as hosting terrorist content, doxing, or very clear hate speech), removing a Patreon page completely is a last resort after we’ve offered a chance to update the content.

Creators will receive one-on-one guidance from a Trust and Safety Representative regarding the changes they need to make to reinstate their page.

While creators are making changes, their Patreon page will be suspended but not deleted.

Pledges will be paused and patrons will not be charged again until the page is reinstated.

This change in the written policy has been followed by a string of suspensions, including those of popular Patreon accounts. At the time of writing, the following Patreon accounts have been confirmed as being currently suspended, pending review and changes:

• KsT Games, the developer of The Twist.
  • Lewdlab, the developer of Dreams of Desire.
  • PestilenceSFM, creator of animated erotica.
  • Eromancer, creator of Malice and the Machine.
  • Gumdrop Games, creator of Dual Family.
  • T4bb0, creator of Babysitter.
  • noname55, a creator of animated erotica.
  • irredeemable, creator of Teacher’s Pets.
  • Mantis-X, creator of animated erotica.
  • RRostek, created of animated erotica.
Mantis-X released the following image on his Twitter after his account was suspended, which appears to be an example of the type of notice creators who have been suspended have been receiving:

Patreon-Guideline-Changes.png

UPDATE [10:20 PM EDT]: Mantis-X’s Patreon page has been restored, cleaned up, and now mentions he’s creating “Fun animations!”

Mr. Dots, the creator of Dating My Daughter (the fifth largest Patreon by patron count), was suspended on the 18th, however, his Patreon was back up and running a few hours later, with all references to incest removed from the page. Also removed were all public images and the game’s public version. A statement released by Mr. Dots to his patrons after being brought back online read as follows:

We’re back! Patreon asked me to remove any word related to incest, such as “daughter” or “dating my daughter”. I had to delete all my old posts and images from previous months and wipe out most of my page description… It’s a real shame , but the most important thing is that the project is still alive I’ll be sending you the update via PM this month and I’ll probably delay v.15 a week until I figure it out a way to not get banned again…

Have a nice day and thanks for your messages!
October 19, 2017

LewdGamer reached out to Dr. Sin, head of Lewdlab, for comment regarding his patreon page’s suspension, and received the following statement:

I’ve received instructions from Patreon to change a few things on my page, which I did, and now I’m waiting for their reply if the changes were sufficent or further editing is needed. I’m hoping to get my page back up as soon as possible for my supporters’ sake.

UPDATE [1:57 PM EDT]: Lewdlab’s Patreon page has been restored since the article’s publication, minus public releases and references to incest.

Content that is being targeted appears to be centered around incest, necrophilia, non-con, and bestiality. This lines up with the refined guidelines posted by Patreon. At this time, it is unclear as to what extent material such as step-family, monster sex, furry, anthro, mind control, slavery, and dub-con will be adjudicated by this new policy. At this moment in time, it is also unclear if the page takedowns are specifically related to the content on the Patreon page or related to the content from the game itself. Most of the accounts that have received suspensions had open incest or sexual content on their page itself, but the wording of the guidelines as well as the changes required to bring suspended accounts back implies concern regarding content in the game itself.

At present, many are advising developers with games on Patreon to remove references to banned material from their Patreon overview, posts, and tags. Many are also advising that developers remove sexually explicit images from their Patreon or put them behind a paywall. The following statement has been posted by the chatbot on the f95 Discord every few hours:

Patreon-Guideline-Changes-3.png

LewdGamer cannot confirm at this time that such steps will be sufficient to protect developers from action; however, an unconfirmed number of developers have stated both on and off the record that they have gone out of their way to clean up their Patreon pages of risky content. For example, Luxee, the developer of Parental Love, appears to have gone so far as to remove his game’s name from his page. Dark Cookie, the developer of Summertime Saga, stated the following on the record, urging caution and taking steps to protect creators:

We’re leaving the dating sim genre but removing all sex content tags to be safe. There’s no guarantee how far Patreon is willing to go with adult content removal.

No Moshing, the developer of Harem Collector, posted the following on the game’s discord. Other devs spoken with off the record have expressed a similar sentiment:

Patreon-Guideline-Changes-2.png

Others are urging patience and to avoid panic. So far the suspensions have been limited, and it is not at all clear to what extent Patreon plans to take it. The fact that Patreon has left open a path for suspended accounts to come back online is also worth noting. Judge Heath, the project manager of Cloud Meadow, offered the following statement:

While it’s a sad fact that Patreon is tightening up it’s rules on what kind of adult content is being allowed on their website, Cloud Meadow and Team Nimbus are more or less here to stay. Our game does not involve any of the banned fetishes, and further, we’ve gone out of our way to make sure it didn’t right from the start due to us foreseeing something like this happening as well as our own personal morals. Patreon is the place you have to be to make money in this business, and we have to earn if we want to continue making games that people enjoy.”

This is an evolving story, and we will continue to update the public as it develops. We’ve reached out to Patreon for comment about the changes to their policy, as well as for clarification regarding some of their statements.

Astral Rag

Arcane
E3 1998 screenshots and trailers collection

MoMmGB0.png

3ucS4Ul.png

SQ24F36.png

GqhJtXM.png

jO81pII.png

OG8QSb7.png

list of games:
1 Machines
2 Shadowman
3 Turok 2
4 Starcon
5 Beneath
6 Heretic 2
7 Interstate 82
8 Sin
9 Commandos
10 Daikatana
11 Dominion
12 Thief
13 Tomb Raider III
14 Urban Chaos
15 Warzone 2100
16 Alpha Centauri
17 Jane's Fighter Legends
18 Knockout Kings
19 Madden 99
20 Moto Racer 2
21 Need For Speed 3
22 Prax War
23 Redline
24 Road Rash 3D
25 Tiger Woods 99
26 Ultima IX
27 World Air Power
28 Dungeon Keeper 2
29 Alien Vs Predator
30 Actua Tennis
31 Blade
32 Buggy
33 Hardwar
34 Soulbringer
35 Tanktics
36 Tribal Lore
37 Asghan
38 Dragonflight
39 Hard Corps
40 V2000
41 Xenocracy
42 Abe's Exoddus
43 Blood 2
44 Dark Vengeance
45 Duke Nukem Forever
46 Missing In Action
47 Powerslide
48 Prey
49 TA2 Kingdoms
50 Trans Am Racing
51 War Of The Worlds
52 Outcast
53 Carrier Strike Fighter
54 IF22 v5
55 Malkari
56 Raider Wars
57 Alien Intelligence
58 Baldur's Gate
59 Descent III
60 Earthworm Jim 3D
61 Fallout 2
62 Giants
63 Klingon Academy
64 Max 2
65 Messiah
66 RC Stunt Copter
67 Starfleet Command
68 Vulcan Fury
69 Ultimate Race Rally
70 Force Commander
71 Grim Fandango
72 Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
73 Mechwarrior 3
74 Starship Troopers
75 X-COM Alliance
76 Age Of Empires II
77 Asheron's Call
78 Combat Flight Simulator
79 Fighter Ace
80 Inertia
81 Motor Cross Madness
82 Oblivion
83 Ultra Corps
84 Urban Assault
85 Blackstone Chronicles
86 Creatures 2
87 Fighting Steel
88 Flanker 2
89 Warhammer 40000
90 Drakan
91 Expert Pool
92 Global Domination
93 Hired Guns
94 Lander
95 Sentinel Returns
96 Telurian Defence
97 Wings Of Destiny
98 Extreme Warfare
99 Prince Of Persia 3D
-2 Revised Code
100 Warlords 3
101 Carmageddon
102 SEGA Rally 2
103 World Wide Soccer 98
104 Caesar 3
105 Cyberstorm 2
106 Gabriel Knight 3
107 Grand Prix Legends
108 Half Life
109 Homeworld
110 Mask Of Eternity
111 Pro Pilot 98
112 Return To Krondor
113 Starsiege
114 Max Payne
115 Nightlong
116 Phoenix
117 P.I.G.
118 Rayman 2
119 SCars
120 Speed Busters
121 Tonic Trouble
122 Dawn Of War
123 Magic & Mayhem
124 F-16 Aggressor
125 Pro Sports Car Racing
126 Recoil
127 Superbikes
128 Swords & Sworcery
129 Dune 2000
130 Lands Of Lore 3
131 Tiberian Sun

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
>In philosophy
>Professor asks me about the concept of evil
>Put on the spot, start panicking but remember a certain quote from Witcher 1
>"Since the beginning of time, woman has been the nest of all evil! The Tool of Chaos, party to conspiracy against the world and the human race! Woman is ruled solely by corporal lust! To satisfy her insatiable hunger and unnatural desires, she gladly serves demons!"
>Professor looks stunned, class gives me a round of applause

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Heh, Fantasy Flight Games now has video game development studio, headed by former Human Head CEO: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...rritsen-leads-new-fantasy-flight-games-studio

Human Head's Tim Gerritsen leads new Fantasy Flight Games studio
Board game firm calls on exec from former Prey 2 studio to bring its properties into the digital realm

Popular tabletop gaming company Fantasy Flight Games has opened a brand new development studio and brought in long-serving industry talent to lead the team.

Fantasy Flight Interactive will adapt the firm's board games for Steam and other platforms, as well as creating new digital titles based on the various IP its parent owns.

The new studio will be headed up by Tim Gerritsen, who previously worked as CEO of Human Head Studios - the developer originally working on the ill-fated Prey 2. Prior to this, he also worked at Irrational Games, Mechwarrior dev FASA Interactive and Sega, among others.

"We're incredibly excited to be bringing Fantasy Flight Games' best game properties to life as amazing video game experiences," said Gerritsen. "Fantasy Flight Interactive is made up of developers who love both tabletop games and video games and we are striving to create games that capture the best aspects of both media to entertain our fans."

All of Fantasy Flight's video games will be published by Asmodee Digital, a division of French board games giant Asmodee Editions, of which Fantasy Flight is a subsidiary.

It already has multiple projects in development for Steam with plans to release on other platforms, although no further details are currently available. The studio will be based in Madison, Wisconsin.

Fantasy Flight already has strong ties with the games industry having developed board games based on notable franchises such as World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Doom.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Asmodée is really going all in recently. Maybe they'll try to poach some Pathfinder Adventures talent from Obsidian ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom