Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Age of Wonders 3 still on sale for Midweek Madness for another ~22 hours.

Best turn based strategy fantasy game out there. Expansions recommended, especially Eternal Lords(adds Tigran/Frostlings, Necromancer class, and a new governance system that adds needed depth).

Anyways, if you played other AoW games it takes a little while to ease into, because it feels off. Give it some time though, and once it clicks in your brain it's like playing the good old ones with the better graphics and much better combat system. As a plus, the game was supported very well after release and many things changed for the better/fixed.

Educated
I wouldn't bother getting Endless Legend unless it came with the DLC. The base game is really bare bones. It only feels like a complete game with all the DLC.
I searched about this and it looks like in multiplayer if the host has all the DLC, everyone gets access to them even if you don't have them. I was thinking of buying this bundle mainly for MP anyway so it looks like it's worth to me

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The question you've always wondered, who will win? Crabman or Mecha Monkey?:

カニマン VS メカモンキー(Werecrab VS Mechanical monkey)

Unforgivable! This time's Monkey-Crab Battle was horrible, wasn't it?! The Kaniman(Werecrab) clan was thrown down into the fiery pits of the Nabe by the Mechanical monkey squad. Will Kaniman, bereft of his clan, throw or be thrown down? The battle for revenge starts now!

Features
  • Exilarating action with Kaniman vs. The Mechanical monkey Squad. Who will throw down and who will be thrown?
  • A total of 40 waves, with huge bosses and several gimmick stages
  • Diverse Kaniman action, Move、Dash、Jump、Attack、Aerial attack
  • Bubble attack that stops movement, far-reaching Chestnut bom, one hit KO Special summon attack, and more
  • Different team formations allow for different variation combos
  • Heroically defeat the accursed Mechanical monkey squad with consecutive combos!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Opus Magnum, Zachtronics' (SpaceChem, Infinifactory, SHENZHEN I/O) new puzzle game:

Creeping Terror, a Clock Tower inspired Japanese horror doesn't try to hide its 3DS origin:

ss_62695c311fde3d08c4ef15b832047a639c804604.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Microids re-releases MegaRace 1 and 2 on Steam:

And it looks like MegaRace reboot thing is still going on: https://www.facebook.com/MegaraceReboot

We could write a book about everything we've gone thru to make these things a reality. When MegaRace Reboot project was originally announced, funders backed out last min. Our CEO has funded everything out of his own pocket and continues to do so.

Don Peste

Arcane
Glitch Simulator is such a lazy Game Guru Engine project that I literally remade the entire game in under 15 minutes.

No I'm not even kidding you can play the version I made for free and it's nearly the exact same experience because Glitch Simulator 2018 uses stock Game Guru assets that anyone who has the program can use.

https://iampattyjack.itch.io/smorsh-simulator-2018

That's all Glitch Simulator 2018 is. A blank map, some terrain raised to form a box around an area, two types of zombie characters and an assassin model copied a few dozen times and three buildings of which two are missing textures.

The terrain doesn't even stop you from exiting the area, you can just glide up the wall and run as far as you want.

There are no "glitches" to speak of or anything that remotely resembles a video game product. Textures are missing and the A.I gets stuck or flies in the air, but these are all basic problems with Game Guru that the developer had no hand in.

You are given a stock asset shotgun, magnum pistol and dagger. All you can do is walk around the area and kill the same enemies over and over.

Even the menu is the stock Game Guru menu. There is no logo, about page or indication of any time/effort the developer could be bothered to make.

Don't even purchase Glitch Simulator 2018 as a joke for your friend because there isn't anything humerous in the game, it just flat out sucks.

If you found this review helpful, feel free to follow my curator page to see every game I cover. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/iampattyjack#curation

http://steamcommunity.com/id/laughlaughlaugh/recommended/702090/

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

1: Why are they ignoring the "2" in the title?

2: Why are they trying to sell a product that's inferior to a FREE version of the game?

3: Why did it take this long for the game to appear on Steam?

On the upside, my question about Star Control's release date got an answer: November 17th 1992. :)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...een-black-friday-and-winter-sale-dates-leaked

Steam Halloween, Black Friday and Winter sale dates leaked

Start and end dates for the Steam Halloween, Black Friday and Winter sales have been leaked on Reddit, and we've independently corroborated them as correct.

The remaining Steam sales in 2017 are:
  • Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
  • Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
  • Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018
Remember, Steam no longer does flash sales so discounts last the duration. Also remember there will be rival sales at places like GOG during similar periods. Spend wisely.

Leaked per Russian tradition?

Microids re-releases MegaRace 1 and 2 on Steam:

And third one:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Onimod Land, some old and obscure Russian sci-fi RTS, originally released in 2000s it seems:

ss_64b263751d5704df36a0266c69108d0da5a68313.600x338.jpg

Onimod Land is real-time strategy game. The premise of the game centers around a conflict between inhabiting aboriginals and settlers from space as they both try to colonize a planet. The number of units is almost limitless, which makes for gi-normously impressive battles with lot of tanks, helicopters, catapults, etc. Each race has a unique set of skills (technologies or magic spells) with more than 30 upgrades. The AI of the units allows them to help each other during a battle, repair broken buildings, etc. Game networking supports up to 8 players. The game mechanics allow players to declare (or break) political alliances. There are 5 campaigns and 30 maps in the game. With the map editor built into the game, you can just keep adding more maps.

Graphics: 2D isometric
Screen Resolution: any
Technologies of Programming: C++ and Assembly

This project began in the late 90's, when games focused on game play with only 8-bit graphics. Games such as "Warcraft 2" and "Age of Empires 1" emerged as a sensation because of their clever game play. Beating this game with it's brutal efficiency and crafty knack for making shrewd decisions is quite a challenge. The AI is quite intelligent and even I, as the author, can't win with more than 3 computer opponents. The game AI plays without cheating. It doesn't fudge resources nor spy on the player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom